Thai nursery shooting

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-asia-63156417

What kind of sick fucking b*****d shoots up a nursery? 

Just what I said to my wife, although not using those words.

One of the victims was 2 - same age as our youngest grandchild, and same age as our oldest great grandson.

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Just what I said to my wife, although not using those words.

One of the victims was 2 - same age as our youngest grandchild, and same age as our oldest great grandson.

It's a very upsetting thing to happen. I feel very sad and angry about it.

This is a senseless and cowardly act and it is impossible to understand why anyone could do something so awful. All of those poor people dead. All of those children, who should have been having a fun day of playing and learning, have had their lives and futures stolen from them. Why?

I am deeply sorry that this has happened to them.

It is a shame that the subhuman scum who did this did not have the good sense to shoot himself BEFORE he could carry this sick act out.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Just heard about this from the locals. What a c**t, another failed product of a power tripping Junta who gives young men a false sense of entitlement.

Yeah, you cannot isolate the incident from the society and context.  That’s why in 50 years time in the USA there will still be the stomach churning atrocities happening on a regular basis while we scratch our heads and wonder why people allow it to happen.

Just horrific. What the parents must be going through.

I grew up in the late 70's and 80's and we never heard of stuff like this. My own teenage kids now get to hear stuff like this regularly before I do. 

They shrug it off when we try to talk but what is being built up?

1 hour ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Just horrific. What the parents must be going through.

I grew up in the late 70's and 80's and we never heard of stuff like this. My own teenage kids now get to hear stuff like this regularly before I do. 

They shrug it off when we try to talk but what is being built up?

They didn't have 24/7 global coverage back in in the olden days, now we get almost live footage every time someone goes beserk and does unspeakable things. Anywhere in the developed world that is, the third world we usually get unconfirmed rumours a bit later, and mostly goes unnoticed. There have always been monsters. Not sure if the internet is giving nutters ideas about what to do with their rage, or it's just letting us hear about what they did a bit quicker.

On 07/10/2022 at 02:51, welshbairn said:

They didn't have 24/7 global coverage back in in the olden days, now we get almost live footage every time someone goes beserk and does unspeakable things. Anywhere in the developed world that is, the third world we usually get unconfirmed rumours a bit later, and mostly goes unnoticed. There have always been monsters. Not sure if the internet is giving nutters ideas about what to do with their rage, or it's just letting us hear about what they did a bit quicker.

There's been plenty of folks pointing out that enhanced news coverage of mass murder has inspired others to give it a birl. Years ago, there was a great clip going around of some researcher being asked on Fox News what could be done to stop these killings, and his answers amounted to, "stop using them to bump your viewing figures, you ghouls".

Essentially, the murderers' names should never be mentioned, no pictures of them, only the bare bones of the event reported in as perfunctory a manner as possible, no footage of grieving family and friends, no interviews with people who knew the killers, no publishing of manifestos, absolutely throttle the attention they're absolutely desperate for.

Kind of like dealing with trolls on Scottish football forums.