Livingston v Ross County (Sat 8th Oct)

4 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Montano against Dundee United? I get what you mean though, I can't remember the last time a player lined up a shot and hit it, we seem much more impulsive when it comes to shooting.

Funnily enough i was longing for last season when we still had Forrest as i watched the game on Saturday, he got a lot of stick from fans around me for being greedy but at least you could rely on him to hit a shot and get it on target. Scored a few of them too.

Definitely , as much as Martindale says we have three attackers on Saturday who can play across the front three we're missing that Forrest/Bailey option with more guile and pace. 

I've heard a few folk question the Mullin loan, however I don't think he'd make much difference on Saturday 

12 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I'm glad Jordy finally got another run out in the wide right attacking role. I've been saying for weeks (to those sat beside me) that he should be let loose there, with White through the middle beside him. 

He certainly pounced on that chance from Kelly's header anyway, and was unlucky not to score from his shot that hit the bar.

11 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Definitely , as much as Martindale says we have three attackers on Saturday who can play across the front three we're missing that Forrest/Bailey option with more guile and pace. 

I've heard a few folk question the Mullin loan, however I don't think he'd make much difference on Saturday 

Yeah i was a bit annoyed at Mullin not getting a chance too, jury is out whether he'd have cut it or not with us this season though, he did tend to drift out of games and go missing, not sure he has the energy and work rate required to play in our team. Saying that we're playing Shinnie.:unsure:

Meant to say, Kabia is another i was hoping we'd see getting a chance this season, as a replacement for Forrest leaving, he's quite quick and direct too. Notice he's scored 2 with 2 assists in his last 2 games for Morton, so hopefully keeps that form going and gives Martindale food for thought on bringing him back in January.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah i was a bit annoyed at Mullin not getting a chance too, jury is out whether he'd have cut it or not with us this season though, he did tend to drift out of games and go missing, not sure he has the energy and work rate required to play in our team. Saying that we're playing Shinnie.:unsure:

Yeah Mullin seems very much a RM. Shinnie, to his credit, does give us more options but he needs to play further up the pitch. 

56 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We had two good chances from free kicks, every chance Mullin would've buried either

The wall looked about 6 yards back so not sure anyone would've been able to get it up and down over it. Ref didn't even bother stepping it out. Hardly ever see a ref taking 10 steps either, usually gets to 8 then a short 9th one and sprays a line.

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We had two good chances from free kicks, every chance Mullin would've buried either

Fair point, however has Mullin ever scored a direct free kick for us? I can only recall crosses etc

Overall, I don't think we can afford to keep a player like that who only contributes the odd moment here and there and falls out of games, as much as I love the guy. 

12 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Meant to say, Kabia is another i was hoping we'd see getting a chance this season, as a replacement for Forrest leaving, he's quite quick and direct too. Notice he's scored 2 with 2 assists in his last 2 games for Morton, so hopefully keeps that form going and gives Martindale food for thought on bringing him back in January.

Yep Kabia is the one player out on loan I'd like to see back.

Don't get me wrong,putting him out on loan was the right thing to do as per nouble.

Gets him up to speed with the Scottish game,but even before he did,he was looking like a player who would be an asset for us.

Fair point, however has Mullin ever scored a direct free kick for us? I can only recall crosses etc
Overall, I don't think we can afford to keep a player like that who only contributes the odd moment here and there and falls out of games, as much as I love the guy. 
Overall, I'd say Josh Mullin is a championship level player. His deliveries are premiership quality but that doesn't make up for his shortcomings. If there was something like "special teams" in American football then he's probably the first guy I'd be looking at

Yep Kabia is the one player out on loan I'd like to see back.
Don't get me wrong,putting him out on loan was the right thing to do as per nouble.
Gets him up to speed with the Scottish game,but even before he did,he was looking like a player who would be an asset for us.
I've heard rumours that he and Martindale had a falling out about Jaze's attitude so would need to see a step change in that respect if we're ever gonna see him at Livi again. Probably the best thing sending him out to Dougie Imrie's Morton as Imrie will know what Martindale wants to see from him

6 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

Scored one for us against Dundee Utd I'm sure, possibly one more against Hibs?

50 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Interesting to note that Martindale says he got an apology from the ref's association about the challenge on Nouble, saying that Watson should've seen red. Guess that's another we can add to the 'evens itself out' list

If its the one I'm thinking of I didn't see it as a red personally; that being said I suppose it doesn't matter now; and we have had players sent off this season for less.

Finally got round to watching the highlights on Sportscene and it looked a far better game than I remember; maybe my frustration coloured my vision.

32 minutes ago, Durnford said:

If its the one I'm thinking of I didn't see it as a red personally; that being said I suppose it doesn't matter now; and we have had players sent off this season for less.

Finally got round to watching the highlights on Sportscene and it looked a far better game than I remember; maybe my frustration coloured my vision.

I think it was last man, then again a scissor style tackle from behind too? A red on 27 mins changes the game

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Interesting to note that Martindale says he got an apology from the ref's association about the challenge on Nouble, saying that Watson should've seen red. Guess that's another we can add to the 'evens itself out' list

Nouble's like when we had Fernandez, sure he was the most fouled player in the league, and didn't get near as many as he should've. Nouble battles on and gets away from his man/men when they're holding onto him so advantage in those situations is fair enough, but a lot of the time it slows him down and there isn't any clear advantage gained but the ref lets it go and just plays on.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I think it was last man, then again a scissor style tackle from behind too? A red on 27 mins changes the game

Admittedly haven't seen any replays but seeing it live my first thought was the ref got it right, County had about 2 players on their way into the box so it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity (stupid wording, 'last man' is much clearer). Whether or not it was from behind and/or reckless is a bit more hazy in my mind.

On 12/10/2022 at 16:29, ATLIS said:

It'll need to "even itself out" this weekend against St Johnstone before VAR comes in and does away with the evening up of these mistakes. I'm all for VAR....but halfway through a season is bonkers