Ayr United v Queen's Park

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

How on earth are we supposed to grow our away support before we've even been able to grow our home support? We haven't been able to attend a home game in the southside since March 2020.

But aye, try harder......jesus

How is the ground work getting on?

What is being built?

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

You would need to be a bit of a moron to think Robbie Crawford isn’t an excellent football player and wasn’t a very good signing for you though…

I do hope you're not trying to say bad things about all those Ayr fans who _definitely_ wouldn't take him back (or the one or two Morton fans who greeted him with a resounding 'meh')...

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Was he able to move at more than walking pace?

Genuine question 

51 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

No. Like he was towing a tractor. I was putting it down to a lack of pre-season, getting up to speed and so on for a while, but it just never changed.

Naismith's done, simple as that. It just happens to players and it's happened to him.

The highlights only emphasise how badly we defended; Ayr should be thanking us for all the goalden opportunities.

First one offside? I thought it at the time.

We did ok before the roof fell in and could have had a couple of goals, but the situation at the back needs to be sorted quickly.

Finally braved the highlights. God almighty that defending 🙈 Our defending hasn’t been great this season but our attacking players were scoring for fun so it wasn’t that big an issue. Our forward players have been off the boil the last 2 games which glaringly shows up our dodgy back line. 

Only positive is the amount of chances we created, particularly first half were we should’ve scored at least 2. Hopefully start taking the chances again, starting on Friday 🤞 

On 09/10/2022 at 22:22, AUFC 1910 said:

How is the ground work getting on?

What is being built?

It's getting on very slowly indeed.

Currently still attempting to build one stand for punters with around 1,000 seats. They said it that would be finished this month. They're now aiming for early December. Can't see it being ready until January at the earliest tbh.

After that's done, they will start building a 500 seater stand behind the goal. Next summer I think

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Currently still attempting to build one stand for punters with around 1,000 seats. They said it that would be finished this month. They're now aiming for early December. Can't see it being ready until January at the earliest tbh.

After that's done, they will start building a 500 seater stand behind the goal. Next summer I think

Will that be the extent of the stands until such time as more is seats/terracing is actually needed? Or is there plans in place to build on four sides in the coming years?

1500 probably suits for the club but there's likely potential for much bigger crowds/revenue at this level, especially considering the club being in Glasgow. Looking forward to seeing Queens have a proper place of their own sorted, always had a soft spot for the club.

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

When is the plan for home games to be at lesser hampden? Could it be used with the thousand seat stand whilst work is completed on the 500 seater? I walked past a couple of weeks ago and the pitch looks pristine. It could be a rose amongst p***ks by December.

16 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

When is the plan for home games to be at lesser hampden? Could it be used with the thousand seat stand whilst work is completed on the 500 seater? I walked past a couple of weeks ago and the pitch looks pristine. It could be a rose amongst p***ks by December.

That's the plan. I'm sure it'll be a good laugh when we give Dundee 200 tickets to their title winning celebration on the last day of the season, or the same number to Thistle in January when they could probably bring 10 times that many (assuming it's ready by then).

43 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

That's the plan. I'm sure it'll be a good laugh when we give Dundee 200 tickets to their title winning celebration on the last day of the season, or the same number to Thistle in January when they could probably bring 10 times that many (assuming it's ready by then).

It’ll be great for you guys to have actual home games but , *cough. So only Dundee or Partick to win the league? *cough. Can’t think of anyone else? *cough. *cough.

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

It’ll be great for you guys to have actual home games but , *cough. So only Dundee or Partick to win the league? *cough. Can’t think of anyone else? *cough. *cough.

You should get that cough seen to.