Ayr United v Queen's Park

I'm not involved anymore (offered my services as usual, club not interested). Games now filmed by same people who do match commentary and interviews so... who knows? It's a real shame that Ayr don't provide highlights comparable to our peers (and clubs in leagues below) - particularly when we are doing so well.
Of course, any criticism from me will be put down as sour grapes so I'm best keeping quiet. 16 years was a good run for me and lots of fun times.
Old Ayr United Highlights Channel   
is defunct. I've offered to move control of it to the Club in several meetings - again no interest. I've simply kept it up because it would be churlish to do anything else.
New Video Channel?
is where the current interviews etc. appear.

That’s a real shame and you can only hope the club have something planned to create a highlight package that at the very least is of similar quality to what we had previously. Even so, I cannot fathom why they wouldn’t have used you in the meantime.

Even the goal that the club just put on Twitter there looks horrendous. Miles away from the action and you can barely make out what’s going on.

Aye, those clips being played right now are beyond embarrassing. It might be worth us all getting in touch, as the AU media guys do a lot of good work but they clearly can’t be trusted with this stuff. 

There were some fantastic goals yesterday and we surely want to advertise that. 

I'm not involved anymore (offered my services as usual, club not interested). Games now filmed by same people who do match commentary and interviews so... who knows? It's a real shame that Ayr don't provide highlights comparable to our peers (and clubs in leagues below) - particularly when we are doing so well.
Of course, any criticism from me will be put down as sour grapes so I'm best keeping quiet. 16 years was a good run for me and lots of fun times.
is defunct. I've offered to move control of it to the Club in several meetings - again no interest. I've simply kept it up because it would be churlish to do anything else.
New Video Channel?
That's a real shame during the league one winning season 00.01 on a Sunday morning was a must to see shanks, Moff and Moore smash in some more goals. The club should 100% be utilising your skills to advertise the good stuff being played on the park.

1 hour ago, wuffster said:

New Video Channel?

It's baffling that the club are not interested in the service you provided, Wuffster. You've done a great job over the years and I would have thought that, with the club looking much more progressive in their approach, they would have valued your work greatly. I wonder if anyone at the club would be willing to explain this. I mean, are they sure they don't want this contribution or is it maybe a misunderstanding ?

The way we’ve been defensively across the season, that type of result was always coming at some point. We’ve got some excellent footballers and when things are going well, they’re a joy to watch but naturally in football that won’t be the case for every game and unfortunately in our case when the attack isn’t firing, we look an absolute car crash at the back. Coyle’s football has been incredibly entertaining for large points this season but it’s admittedly easy to get frustrated at the set up of the defence when things aren’t going for you in attack because of how easily exposed we get. 

I think the bedding in period is well and truly over for Stephen Eze. He’s a liability. He’s got no presence despite his height, his positional sense is wayward and he’s just getting pulled all over the place. I’d be getting Alex Bannon in the starting until Fox is back. The guy has been faultless when given the opportunity.

Wasn’t at the game but from what I’ve read and heard, Jason Naismith’s legs aren’t there at all. From the brief glimpses I’ve seen of him, he does look incredibly short of pace so it’s no surprise a right side of him and Eze got so exposed

I seen a couple of comments regarding us being overrated. I can’t say i’ve seen anyone say that we’re this wonderful, perfect team at any point this season, even when we were winning. Yes, we have played very well at points and they have deservedly got credit but I can’t say I’ve seen many say we’re better than an Ayr, Thistle or Dundee. We’re not going to be the finished article in our first season in the championship. It was inevitable that a few bumps in the road would occur. I’d say for our current position and squad of players, 4th place would be fairly reasonable?

Also the lack of fans comments from a couple about us is just poor. I feel like at this level of football particularly, you shouldn’t be having a pop at those that attend or can’t attend games, particularly in the cost of living crisis. The club have totally screwed us all up with the stadium nonsense so it could be accepted that a lot would pass on away games 

Also can we use our ‘vanity project’ and ‘Gretna 2.0’ money to sign Akinyemi please. Absolute baller and easily best player in the division. The complete striker for me at this level 

Come on guys - there's a fans-liaison guy called Jamie Garrett who should be contacted regarding the justifiable moans on here regarding the lack of highlights. There may be a good reason (beats me) but at least he'll know who to ask and get an answer.

As for QP and their poor turn-out of fans at the game, I don't buy some of the excuses offered for their literally no-show yesterday - they're well up the league and would have gone top yesterday if they'd managed a win. We had been stuttering with 3 straight defeats and could have been viewed as there-for-the-taking yesterday. Now compare and contrast with our game at Ochilview on a Friday in early August after a very poor run of results for us both in the league and in the league cup - but we still had a tremendous turn out of fans there. And got a deserved win. So I'm sorry - your fans need to try an awful lot harder imv.

As to the game, first thing to say is I've barely stopped laughing at Simon Murray, What a dick that guy is. Secondly, Queens weren't that bad in spells but just couldn't defend with any great consistency and in Stephen (three-penny-bit) Eze they have someone who could and should have changed the game but didn't. On the other hand, we have Dipo who gets better and better - that second goal was sheer class, just wished it had been at the SRE as the roof would have come off again like it did with his brilliant goal against Dundee. Hope he stays for a very long time but I guess there will be buyers queuing up soon enough. Stay healthy, big man.  Pleased for everyone after that run of 3 defeats and especially pleased for the way the squad is performing - big changes in the 11 yesterday and it worked really well. The message is clear - we play as a group and there will be changes from week-to-week depending on who the opposition are, the formation planned and how people have performed in training. Lastly, well done to the new boys  - Mullin, Young and Chalmers - a seriously big step up in quality and a marker for everyone in the squad. 

Big game next week - just what we want.

The Saida Wiseman highlights are actually surprisingly good, considering they would appear to be filmed on a phone from somewhere in the stand. Random heads do pop up in front of the phone now and again, but I can live with that. The Wuffster situation seems weird. Wish we could get some info from the club about it. Surely nothing to do with our media group feeling threatened?

42 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

As for QP and their poor turn-out of fans at the game, I don't buy some of the excuses offered for their literally no-show yesterday - they're well up the league and would have gone top yesterday if they'd managed a win. We had been stuttering with 3 straight defeats and could have been viewed as there-for-the-taking yesterday. Now compare and contrast with our game at Ochilview on a Friday in early August after a very poor run of results for us both in the league and in the league cup - but we still had a tremendous turn out of fans there. And got a deserved win. So I'm sorry - your fans need to try an awful lot harder imv.

It’s not specifically results based regarding the low away attendances. Of course we’ve got a naturally smaller support to begin with but having to attend 60 mile round trips for all home matches is pretty hard going and for some, it takes its toll effort wise and from a financial perspective to fund that every weekend is hardly ideal. Fortunately I’ve been able to attend pretty much all games bar yesterday but for some that decision to go to games is probably taken out their hands due to club’s continuous incompetence. But aye, just go tell them to try harder and they’ll attend 

Type of attitude you’d expect off the old firm there 

Edited by qpfc

22 hours ago, Dave said:

We were absolutely disgusting today. Hoaching at the back, toothless upfront. Coyle apologised to the fans at full time but that's not enough. He has a lot of work to do before what is now a massive game against Arbroath on Friday night to stop the rot and restore the feel good factor. 

Ayr fully deserved it today. Like Morton on Tuesday, had more fight in the middle of the park and just wanted it more in general. Two really poor games for Grant Savoury in a row now, if we're going to be so reliant on him playing well all season we're going to struggle. Today was absolutely not entirely on him, but just a point I think is worth raising.  

In the last three games our midfield has been bullied out if the game by thhe opposition and we were lucky to beat Raith. Our manager has to get three monkeys of his back. Number one our number 66, who he praised to the heavens when signing him and getting a work permit for him and it turns out he is not vey good. Number 2, a player on loan from Rangers who flatters to deceive and because he is from Rangers he does not want to upset them by not playing him. Number 3, a player on loan from Celtic who is the better of the three but is still not good enough for this league and again he does not want to upset Celtic by not playing him. On the tactics side, we have gone from 4-3-3 to 4-2-2 and lost out in midfield, where we play nice football, but have no dig and yet a player that we released is captain of Morton and has been inspiring them from midfield as we all saw recently.

1 minute ago, Spider Rico said:

Grant Savoury’s two failed attempted clearances and reluctance to close down the cross for the first goal was we’re really quite something 

Yes, in addition to giving the ball away all game. A poor game on Tuesday too. He's obviously a gifted player that can change games, but maybe a position we can afford to rotate?

Eze's initial challenge for that first goal was just nothing, and his heavy touch for the fourth we just won't get away with in the Championship.

For the fifth though, the ball is played through to 14 (Mullin?), and Eze and Kilday are both tracking goalside of their runners. Dipo holds back, and only Eze's man (Dempsey continues the run). How do we get from the first image to the second?

0a.JPG

0b.JPG

4 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

but have no dig and yet a player that we released is captain of Morton and has been inspiring them from midfield as we all saw recently

We may have been bad yesterday, but to think Grant Gillespie would of inspired the midfield is wild. If only he inspired the midfield at any point throughout league 1, he wouldn’t of been released without fuss 

47 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

I, for one, am shocked that Ayr - a club with a much bigger fan base than us, who have consistently played at a higher level than we have throughout the majority of living memory - would take more fans to an away game than we did on a day where the trains were on strike. It just makes no sense!

15 minutes ago, qpfc said:

We may have been bad yesterday, but to think Grant Gillespie would of inspired the midfield is wild. If only he inspired the midfield at any point throughout league 1, he wouldn’t of been released without fuss 

From previous comments you never liked him, but ask yourself what has changed him. Was it just a desire to get one over on QP or has Mr Imrie seen something in him that OC did not. He even scored a goal yesterday and it was not a penalty.

1 minute ago, Dooflick said:

From previous comments you never liked him, but ask yourself what has changed him. Was it just a desire to get one over on QP or has Mr Imrie seen something in him that OC did not. He even scored a goal yesterday and it was not a penalty.

I thought Gillespie was absolutely terrible for us last season. The only confidence he instilled was in opposition midfields as he consistently gave the ball away. No idea what's changed and why he seems to be doing a bit better at Morton, but I don't think having him in the squad would've made one bit of difference so far this season; for me, releasing him was the correct decision.

30 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

In the last three games our midfield has been bullied out if the game by thhe opposition and we were lucky to beat Raith. Our manager has to get three monkeys of his back. Number one our number 66, who he praised to the heavens when signing him and getting a work permit for him and it turns out he is not vey good. Number 2, a player on loan from Rangers who flatters to deceive and because he is from Rangers he does not want to upset them by not playing him. Number 3, a player on loan from Celtic who is the better of the three but is still not good enough for this league and again he does not want to upset Celtic by not playing him. On the tactics side, we have gone from 4-3-3 to 4-2-2 and lost out in midfield, where we play nice football, but have no dig and yet a player that we released is captain of Morton and has been inspiring them from midfield as we all saw recently.

Neither the Rangers loan player (Mcpake) nor the Celtic loan player (Kenny) started yesterday although I agree they have been poor so far.

Grant Gillespie would have made zero difference yesterday other than making us even slower than we were 

13 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I wish him all the best at Morton as I do with any other player that leaves and he’ll always be a part of the double promotion winning squad but he was so poor last season. Gave the ball away an incredible amount and put us under severe and unnecessary pressure throughout games. He was great in league 2 which you’d expect but the standards dropped significantly in league 1