Ayr United v Queen's Park

It's not on the official ayr channel though so assume that's not what we're getting, although the idea of someone in the stands filming the whole game on their phone doesn't make much sense unless that it is the highlights we're getting.

57 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Embarrassing takes from both of you here, crowd wanking is pathetic under pretty much any circumstances I'm afraid.

Our already small support is currently making a nearly 50 mile round trip for home games, at a time when the cost of living is a serious concern for many. People can be forgiven for not wanting/being able to travel to away games too.

It's got nothing at all to do with crowd wanks. It's incredulity at the fact you're spunking fortunes on full time football, paying high wages for this level and you're calling it anything other than a vanity project. You're even building an ivory tower for the great and good to watch from.

6 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

It's got nothing at all to do with crowd wanks. It's incredulity at the fact you're spunking fortunes on full time football, paying high wages for this level and you're calling it anything other than a vanity project. You're even building an ivory tower for the great and good to watch from.

Wasn’t expecting tears after a 5-0 win. 

11 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

That all very well and good, but it has nothing to do with what I said.

I find it interesting how fans of other teams all seem to know how much money we're spending on these players while our own supporters don't, btw.

Edited by Zanetti

Just watching those “highlights” there and the big number 66 easily turned in one of the worst performances from a centre back since Henk Van Shaik came up against Michael Moffat in a 4-2 drubbing of Morton a few seasons back.

13 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Shite patter.

Still more acceptable than the Tory patter from you. We've always had a small support and we always will have imo. The majority of our support has absolutely no control over what our club is doing off the pitch, we're just going along to support our team like we've always done. Obviously we're delighted with the investment in the team but do you think we're happy with what's currently going on with our stadium build? Sober up 

1 hour ago, munro7 said:

Is that honestly the official highlights video? 

YouTube channel is Saida Wiseman who has recorded a few Ayr games and an OpenDay, all this year. Other videos in their collection are of ants eating a watermelon, raccoons eating something and RC model boats in a pond. Living the dream!

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why has our highlights package regressed so much? Did I miss something in that wuffster no longer does it?

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Ffs where's the highlights from yesterday.

Miss the good old days where @wuffster had them up on the YouTube most nights at 00:01

I'm not involved anymore (offered my services as usual, club not interested). Games now filmed by same people who do match commentary and interviews so... who knows? It's a real shame that Ayr don't provide highlights comparable to our peers (and clubs in leagues below) - particularly when we are doing so well.

Of course, any criticism from me will be put down as sour grapes so I'm best keeping quiet. 16 years was a good run for me and lots of fun times.

Old Ayr United Highlights Channel   

is defunct. I've offered to move control of it to the Club in several meetings - again no interest. I've simply kept it up because it would be churlish to do anything else.

New Video Channel?

is where the current interviews etc. appear.

5 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I'm not involved anymore (offered my services as usual, club not interested). Games now filmed by same people who do match commentary and interviews so... who knows? It's a real shame that Ayr don't provide highlights comparable to our peers (and clubs in leagues below) - particularly when we are doing so well.

Of course, any criticism from me will be put down as sour grapes so I'm best keeping quiet. 16 years was a good run for me and lots of fun times.

is defunct. I've offered to move control of it to the Club in several meetings - again no interest. I've simply kept it up because it would be churlish to do anything else.

New Video Channel?

I don’t understand this whatsoever - our highlights were always excellent quality whereas anything in terms of technical quality from the AU media guys has always been appalling. Surely the club can see the stark difference! 

5 minutes ago, wuffster said:

New Video Channel?

That's a real shame - the quality and reliability of the highlights you did was very much appreciated, especially by those of who don't live in Ayr and who can't get to games very often.   Often we have to wait for a few days or see if the other team have uploaded highlights.  The level of engagement and social media output has improved massively this year but the quality of  highlights really need to get sorted out.  

13 minutes ago, wuffster said:

New Video Channel?

All those seasons where we've been diabolical and you have been there every week covering what little highlights there were, but now that we appear to be having our best season in years your services are no longer required?? I'm not getting that at all. Especially given the club are trying to reach out to as many people as possible within the community.

30 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Still more acceptable than the Tory patter from you. We've always had a small support and we always will have imo. The majority of our support has absolutely no control over what our club is doing off the pitch, we're just going along to support our team like we've always done. Obviously we're delighted with the investment in the team but do you think we're happy with what's currently going on with our stadium build? Sober up 

100%

Ironically, we're pretty poorly supported ourselves when you look at the population of Ayr and the surrounding catchment area, especially in relation to the likes of Falkirk and Dunfermline.

As you say, it's the guys like yourselves and all of us who follow our teams home and away who should be celebrated rather than mocked just because others in our area choose the easy option of supporting the old firm or just having no interest at all in their local Football team.....