Ayr United v Queen's Park

We were absolutely disgusting today. Hoaching at the back, toothless upfront. Coyle apologised to the fans at full time but that's not enough. He has a lot of work to do before what is now a massive game against Arbroath on Friday night to stop the rot and restore the feel good factor. 

Ayr fully deserved it today. Like Morton on Tuesday, had more fight in the middle of the park and just wanted it more in general. Two really poor games for Grant Savoury in a row now, if we're going to be so reliant on him playing well all season we're going to struggle. Today was absolutely not entirely on him, but just a point I think is worth raising.  

23 minutes ago, Dave said:

We were absolutely disgusting today. Hoaching at the back, toothless upfront. Coyle apologised to the fans at full time but that's not enough. He has a lot of work to do before what is now a massive game against Arbroath on Friday night to stop the rot and restore the feel good factor. 

Ayr fully deserved it today. Like Morton on Tuesday, had more fight in the middle of the park and just wanted it more in general. Two really poor games for Grant Savoury in a row now, if we're going to be so reliant on him playing well all season we're going to struggle. Today was absolutely not entirely on him, but just a point I think is worth raising.  

Think that’s a touch harsh on your team. Could have easily been 4-4 at half time. Granted second half we kept the pressure up and put the game to bed. However at half time I thought it could have gone either way.

We looked much better with Young up top with Dipo and Logan Chalmers is an absolute baller at this level. The starting 11 is without doubt our best 11 and should be our default starting 11 every game going forward.

What a finish from Ben Dempsey btw. And Special mention to frankie, Alex and Paddy Reading who I thought were also excellent today. No bad performances really!

Enjoy your night honest men. I’m going to 

Edited by ecocme

Queens Park are incredibly overrated. I can see why people view them as a decent footballing side but they are so easily bullied and cut open it isn’t even funny.

Jordan Houston will struggle to drive home tonight with Dom Thomas stuck in his back pocket.

16 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Think that’s a touch harsh on your team. Could have easily been 4-4 at half time. Granted second half we kept the pressure up and put the game to bed. However at half time I thought it could have gone either way.

We looked much better with Young up top with Dipo and Logan Chalmers is an absolute baller at this level. The starting 11 is without doubt our best 11 and should be our default starting 11 every game going forward.

What a finish from Ben Dempsey btw. And Special mention to frankie, Alex and Paddy Reading who I thought were also excellent today. No bad performances really!

Enjoy your night honest men. I’m going to 

I agree first half was very even but we got the breaks and QP didn’t. I don’t agree that that’s our strongest 11, midfield got bullied in that first half. Murdoch for Smith and Mullen or O’Connor on the wing 

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Queens Park are incredibly overrated. I can see why people view them as a decent footballing side but they are so easily bullied and cut open it isn’t even funny.

Jordan Houston will struggle to drive home tonight with Dom Thomas stuck in his back pocket.

Houston got skinned by Thomas on a couple of occasions in the first half but I agree second half he kept him quiet. Thomas is a quality player at this level btw