Raith of the Rovers v Cove Rangers

Near total dominance, certainly as far as proper chances go. I'm maybe forgetting something, but that feels like our best half of the season (setting aside that daft Peterhead game), by a bit of a margin. 

We've still not been entirely fluid, but you can add three or four really good chances to the goals. 

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

This is the Sam Stanton I thought we were getting. He's been brilliant. 

Once Spencer joined Brown providing defensive spine, Stanton can maraud forward like that. Definitely an AM/Mid vs DM as his primary role.

On 05/10/2022 at 15:06, SirJimmyofNic said:

Even this early this falls into the must not lose category, I guess keeping a clean sheet is beyond hope, can we score more than they do, depends on the line up and how badly the players want it.

Guess the answer to this is yes and yes, 

excellent performance. Thought Ngwenya and Stanton were stand-outs.

Big John is ungainly but will definitely give us a different dimension, scores at the end if he doesn’t strike it so pure.

Also really impressed by Millen today. I’d play Dick over Nolan at centre half if we aren’t playing against a big centre forward.

We looked great until half way through the second half when Cove woke up, but even then didn't feel like we were going to lose. Millen had his best game in a Rovers shirt for me, not that it was a high bar. Only poor performance was once again Ross. Not seen him have a good game all season yet. 

Stanton man of the match, was outstanding. Hopefully Spencer isn't injured again.

Yea, Stanton easily MotM for me. O'Riordan steady and dependable as usual. I thought Millen was playing well too until these two daft short passes to  MacDonald with a Cove forward feet away 🥴

I thought Longstaff looked good for them when he got on the ball.