Raith of the Rovers v Cove Rangers

Well, first quarter done, postponed Arbroath away game aside, and we’re sitting eighth, having won 3 and lost 5.

I very much appreciate the lack of draws, but I would like us to win a few more games.

Cove sitting 6th in the table and 2 points ahead after beating Dundee last night.

How will this one go?

Cove will be on a high after their fantastic result last night and no doubt they'll come to Starks with their tales up and fancy their chances. Bad set of results last night for us as that's us down to 8th. I'd say we're at the/close to the 'must win' category. 

13 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Cove will be on a high after their fantastic result last night and no doubt they'll come to Starks with their tales up and fancy their chances. Bad set of results last night for us as that's us down to 8th. I'd say we're at the/close to the 'must win' category. 

We're definitely at the stage where if we aren't picking up between 4-6 points from the next 3 games we're going to find ourselves in trouble, even at this relatively early stage of the season.

If we’re to avoid relegation worries entirely, we simply have to win home games against the lower half. We’ve only had one of those so far, which was Morton, and in fairness we did win it.

I’m not so sure we’ll win this one though. I like the look of the Cove squad since the latest additions, Sanders in particular is a very good signing. Very different to opening day where while they deserved their win, I thought they looked pretty rubbish.

We’re rarely outplayed but can we actually take a chance or two? That’s all it boils down to. Formulaic Championship football. Don’t you just love it?

I don't agree that last nights results went against us. Dundee and Queen's Park losing means we're not so far adrift from the top half where we aim to be. We might look bad just now at 8th but a win against Cove and a game in hand against a woefull Arbraoth and we're well on the up and up.

Even this early this falls into the must not lose category, I guess keeping a clean sheet is beyond hope, can we score more than they do, depends on the line up and how badly the players want it.

We could if results go against us in other games find ourselves 9th if we don't win

I hope we get a win. This season is a bit of a damp squib so far. I don’t imagine many people will be thinking we can do anything seen as we’ve lost 5 games already and the league is pretty dull too. Only game that peaks any interest is Dundee.

It would be good to get a fit Lewis Vaughan back. A fit Tom Lang would also go down well. If Hartlepool don’t fancy Regan Tumilty, he’d do too.

Are there many Cove fans on here? I’ve only ever seen one poster commenting from a Cove perspective.

I'll be at Stark's Park for this one tomorrow. 

Cove coming into the game with a degree of confidence having gone 4 unbeaten in the league and with two wins in the last week.  There is definitely more optimism amongst the Cove support due to some strong late loan signings which has not only injected energy and pace into the side but bumped the cripples to the bench.

Unfortunately momentum and past results alone don't win upcoming games and we'll need to keep standards high to get 3 points.

Jack Sanders looks a real solid acquisition. Very surprised Killie let him come out on loan. Clearly McInnes doing his old mate McIntyre a favour. Kyle McClelland looks a composed centre back and Max Johnston has slotted in very well at RB; both quick, tall and far superior to the likes of Reynolds who is now rightfully benched. Charlie Gilmour has looked outstanding lately and rightly removes quarterback Vigurs from the starting lineup. He should have the holding midfield role sewn up. Vigurs in my opinion is now 5th choice CM.

Not a new signing but Blair Yule is now back from a 2 month spell out and partners Scully (in red hot form) in centre mid. Both will run all day.

I think we'll start with the same side that played the last 2 games. Only doubt would be McClelland who went off holding his shoulder on Tuesday night. If he isn't fit Scott Ross will come in.

Fyvie will return to the squad after being out for 3 weeks but might not be able to force his way into the starting XI.

I'd imagine we'll continue to make the pitch as wide as possible when we have the ball and get our wingers and full backs targeting Millen and Dick. 

Lang expected to play tomorrow for the Rovers? See Ethan missed the QP game last week. We have more pace and power in midfield now and will need it to prevent the Rovers midfield from getting time on the ball.

Hard to call this one, could go either way. 

Raith_v_Cove.PNG

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Tomorrow's programme is a bumper 52 pager at no extra cost.

It contains an in depth interview with Ethan Ross, a feature on the original Rovers Ladies' team, reports and photos from the last three games, the manager's column and loads of historical stuff.

All this and more for less than the price of a pint.

3260509601.png

Edited by Specky Ginger

22 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Cove looked quite impressive based on the highlights package from the Dundee game. A week ago I would've fancied us in this match but not so much now. 

Now that the helicopter has signed I've had a rethink. 

Rovers 3 (Frederiksen 80, 88, 90+1) Cove 1 (Megginson 90+3)