St Johnstone v Celtic

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Thanks for your consideration mate but I think I’ll settle for Dortmund vs Bayern. 

Not sure the potential to watch Wright, Considine, Ralston, Jota etc will tear me away from this 😂.

I’m watching same game game too tbf, purely as a filler till Sportscene.

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Somebody mentioned it earlier but did CCV get a 2nd yellow retrospectively for going into the crowd at the 2nd goal ? I personally hate that rule but just wondered if that was the decision that was made ?

Surely you can’t get a retrospective card for that? Would be ludicrous if true. 

Edited by Jinky67

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Surely you can’t get a retrospective card for that? Would be ludicrous if true. 

This is the official ruling below so sadly it’ll qualify as a yellow card offence.

A player must be cautioned, even if the goal is disallowed, for:

• climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues

Not a great performance but the type of late win that gives a big boost.. Haksabanovic looked very good at times. I thought Bernabei was good. I would start playing him instead of Taylor. He will be the better player if he gets games now. Mooy looks to slow for me. We have a lot of squad but a lot not really ready to play and match sharp. One criticism I would have is we should be more prepared for players to step in when needed. 

Edited by BigDoddyKane

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This is the official ruling below so sadly it’ll qualify as a yellow card offence.

A player must be cautioned, even if the goal is disallowed, for:

• climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues

You said retrospectively surely this has to happen before the game restarts? 

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You said retrospectively surely this has to happen before the game restarts? 

Sorry, I see what you are saying. I’d expect the fans on the pitch will form part of the referee’s report which will mean that, potentially, so will CCV’s interaction with the crowd, and if it is he’ll be punished ??

Like I said earlier, I hope not, as I’d be happy for the rule to be scrapped.

4 hours ago, gannonball said:

Yup think this is being discussed on the gamesmanship thread it needs to be introduced ASAP and is much easier to implement than the likes of VAR. Would still card people however for tearing the arse out of goal kick etc with same ease or infact would use time keeper to penalise more.

A cynical side of me feels uefa don’t do it because they lose a bit of control and ability to influence things at the end of matches, whereas VAR gives them more control over the outcome with decisions made in quiet wee cupboards away from the public eye.

Shite obviously, but I would never underestimate the skullduggery of uefa.

12 hours ago, gannonball said:

I love last minute winners regardless of opposition. You like making up stories about chasing folk in a car, I guess we’re just different people.

We are different people. You are happy to support a team that has a vast financial  advantage over 10 of the other 11 teams in the league, to the point where (in my opinion) the satisfaction that can be taken from any success is negated by the amount of money spent in order to achieve it.

If St Mirren had a Scottish Cup tie against a Lowland League club for example, and after a poor display we score a 94th minute winner I can guarantee the support wouldn’t be acting anything like the way the Celtic fans were today. I’m not saying you can’t celebrate the goal, obviously a last minute winner will be celebrated, but to have such a massive financial advantage like Celtic did today over St Johnstone, and have pitch invasions, fans chasing after players to hug them, guys running about with their tops off is just strange imo. That’s not even mentioning the players over dancing at the end of the game like they had just qualified for the Champions League final. 

Im not expecting you to agree with me because I imagine you’ve been a Celtic fan for a few years and all that will seem normal to you, but that’s just my opinion. From the outside looking in it seems like most Celtic victories are very hollow achievements, and deep down in the back of their minds the fans know this, so they overcompensate when celebrating things like today so they can all kid on to themselves that what they done was worthy of pitch invasions etc, and not the reality that a team stacked with international players and bought for a combined £50 million quid, scored a last minute goal to see off a team that was put together for almost nothing.

If that’s something you can genuinely take satisfaction from then fair play, you are correct and we are not the same. I think the novelty of regularly sticking 4 or 5 goals past 10 teams in the league not even remotely on the same level as you, season after season, would wear pretty thin quite quickly for me. 

We are different people. You are happy to support a team that has a vast financial  advantage over 10 of the other 11 teams in the league, to the point where (in my opinion) the satisfaction that can be taken from any success is negated by the amount of money spent in order to achieve it.

If St Mirren had a Scottish Cup tie against a Lowland League club for example, and after a poor display we score a 94th minute winner I can guarantee the support wouldn’t be acting anything like the way the Celtic fans were today. I’m not saying you can’t celebrate the goal, obviously a last minute winner will be celebrated, but to have such a massive financial advantage like Celtic did today over St Johnstone, and have pitch invasions, fans chasing after players to hug them, guys running about with their tops off is just strange imo. That’s not even mentioning the players over dancing at the end of the game like they had just qualified for the Champions League final. 

Im not expecting you to agree with me because I imagine you’ve been a Celtic fan for a few years and all that will seem normal to you, but that’s just my opinion. From the outside looking in it seems like most Celtic victories are very hollow achievements, and deep down in the back of their minds the fans know this, so they overcompensate when celebrating things like today so they can all kid on to themselves that what they done was worthy of pitch invasions etc, and not the reality that a team stacked with international players and bought for a combined £50 million quid, scored a last minute goal to see off a team that was put together for almost nothing.
If that’s something you can genuinely take satisfaction from then fair play, you are correct and we are not the same. I think the novelty of regularly sticking 4 or 5 goals past 10 teams in the league not even remotely on the same level as you, season after season, would wear pretty thin quite quickly for me. 

People always seem to forget in these instances why matches are played i.e. to contest who wins the league. If Celtic hadn’t scored that last minute goal then rangers would have been level on points. Surely you realise the fans are celebrating winning the game in the 96th minute and taking 3 points rather than specifically beating St.Johnstone?

Celtic got a bit of joy round the back of our wing backs but thought our shape was much more like the Davidson team of his first season.

Couple of lapses in concentration first half, punished for one, but handled them alright that apart. Even second half, I'm only really remembering one proper save that Matthews had to make?

When we had a go, we caused them problems and you saw the difference in Hallberg when he's in these areas as opposed to further back. He's done the diplomatic thing in the media and said he likes playing deeper but he doesn't offer much in there.

Ryan McGowan has been a pleasant surprise and Kucheriavyi is just so much better already than Crawford. Every minute this guy plays with the squad we have now is a minute too much. Connor McLennan at left wing back should probably never be seen again either.

Very big game next week.

44 minutes ago, Gallo24 said:

People always seem to forget in these instances why matches are played i.e. to contest who wins the league. If Celtic hadn’t scored that last minute goal then rangers would have been level on points. Surely you realise the fans are celebrating winning the game in the 96th minute and taking 3 points rather than specifically beating St.Johnstone?

IMO that makes it even worse.The OF are consumed with their hate for one another.A hatred like no other A hatred that goes so far back in history it should have been dead and buried years ago.No that actually makes thd celebration worse not justifiable !