Stirling Albion vs Dumbarton

I see we’re claiming on the OS that “there are no trains running via Stirling on the day of the game” but I’m not entirely sure that is true is it? During last weeks industrial action it just seemed like it was a heavily reduced service but there were still trains that would get you to and from the game at decent times. The timetable isn’t actually released until tomorrow so I’ve nae idea how we’d know in advance.
Spraying propaganda to get folk to use the special bus IMHO.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see we’re claiming on the OS that “there are no trains running via Stirling on the day of the game” but I’m not entirely sure that is true is it? During last weeks industrial action it just seemed like it was a heavily reduced service but there were still trains that would get you to and from the game at decent times. The timetable isn’t actually released until tomorrow so I’ve nae idea how we’d know in advance.
Spraying propaganda to get folk to use the special bus IMHO.

Although it's not official yet Scotrail have published what trains they are planning to run and Stirling is indeed cut off from the world on this particular Saturday. 

Scotrail/Sons supporters bus conspiracy nonetheless 

First time I have said it in a very long time, but I am actually looking forward to the game. The opening day of the season was a sickener for us, all that summer excitement to be knocked away in the first 5-10 minutes of the opening game of the season is something I wasn't expecting, however, we have done well since then and have managed to chip a 12 point lead, between the 2 sides, down to 5. 

Things may have changed, but I found Dumbarton a very organised side that day. They had a good solid shape about them and with the narrow pitch, we struggled to find space around them to play and open them up, but that will obviously be different on Saturday and I'm hoping we have as much of an advantage on our "big pitch" as Dumbarton had on their tight, narrow, Stevie Farrell designed one.

Saturday's match certainly has everything going for it to be a big day for both teams, is it the proverbial 6 pointer talked about above....well you could argue that, but there is no doubt that with us sitting in 2nd, if we can knock that gap to 2 points rather then 8 points, then it's very much game on for the run up to Christmas.

8 minutes ago, microdave said:

Is there a charge for the car park and, if so, how much is it?

The horrible truth is that the local council built a fitness centre and pool in the home car park. This not only reduced the size of the parking area, but resulted in the users of this centre taking up much, or all, of both the home and away car parks on matchdays. It's free if you can get in. Unless the you get there ridiculously early to try, go for the close by retail park and park at Morrison's supermarket or near to it and slip quietly away to the stadium like many of us do.

Don't risk parking at the side of the road that runs beside the stadium. I've been nicked for that myself. It's a joke of a situation I know, but the council doesn't give a toss and there's nothing the club can do about it.

53 minutes ago, microdave said:

Is there a charge for the car park and, if so, how much is it?

Car park is free, plenty of spaces behind the trees at the Away Stand every week, it’s just a lot of people don’t park there for some reason. Don’t fight for one at the Peak, head straight there 👍🏻

Car park is free, plenty of spaces behind the trees at the Away Stand every week, it’s just a lot of people don’t park there for some reason. Don’t fight for one at the Peak, head straight there [emoji1303]
Is the circled bit behind the trees?60f20b1aa655451241a11bea46bff3c1.jpg

Is there a charge for the car park and, if so, how much is it?

business opportunity here for someone. What would you be willing to pay? £3 x 100 motors. For 30 mins work.

I’m sure I have a hi viz vest and a raffle book somewhere.