Airdrie v Queens

Unsure what to expect from this one.Last week against Kelty was as bad as we've been in a long while where we just didnt look capable of doing the basics let alone anything else. A bit of fight shown against Mo at least however shipping four goals isn't filling me with much confidence for tomorrow,would settle for any kind of win we can muster to halt this honking run we're on.

Really hope WG goes with most of the same team tomorrow. We have controlled the last  3 games and if Paton has his shooting boots on we could have scored a lot. Would not mind Connelly coming in for Reilly or Paton. The midfield has looked really good of late with Todd, Wilson and McGrory linking up really well and controlling games.  Wilson gives us that physicality we were missing. I just hope WG does not  think he can play Connelly, Paton and Reilly in this division you have to work hard off the ball as well and cannot carry any passengers. It will be a battle tomorrow against Airdrie who have a good squad of players who should have been out of site at Palmerston.  

Would be happy with this team tomorrow.

LINEUP111665177285702.png

9 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Really hope WG goes with most of the same team tomorrow. We have controlled the last  3 games and if Paton has his shooting boots on we could have scored a lot. Would not mind Connelly coming in for Reilly or Paton. The midfield has looked really good of late with Todd, Wilson and McGrory linking up really well and controlling games.  Wilson gives us that physicality we were missing. I just hope WG does not  think he can play Connelly, Paton and Reilly in this division you have to work hard off the ball as well and cannot carry any passengers. It will be a battle tomorrow against Airdrie who have a good squad of players who should have been out of site at Palmerston.  

Would be happy with this team tomorrow.

That's exactly the team and formation I would like to see tomorrow.  Is Paul McKay still suspended?  Even if he isn't I would still hope we persevere with the above back line.

That's exactly the team and formation I would like to see tomorrow.  Is Paul McKay still suspended?  Even if he isn't I would still hope we persevere with the above back line.
He was out injured. The last interview made it sound like he'd be out for a good couple of weeks. It's a bit of a blessing tbh as it means Gibson has to play.

His Wikipedia suggests that despite being 31, he's not really played a lot of games and has mainly been second choice.

Apparently he's 6ft 3 so hopefully can be a commanding presence at corners and balls in the box.

I don't think anyone really knows what like this keeper will be which will be interesting.24a9f8bf668299d48e074c7498a5710e.jpg

3 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Lyness

Watson McCabe Fordyce Ballantyne

McMaster Telfer Devenny

Jamieson Gallagher Smith

That’s what it looks like anyway. Could be either Telfer or McMaster in the deeper midfield role. We’ll miss Frizzell. That bench is tiny.

And no mention of Wylie again!

12 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Lyness

Watson McCabe Fordyce Ballantyne

McMaster Telfer Devenny

Jamieson Gallagher Smith

That’s what it looks like anyway. Could be either Telfer or McMaster in the deeper midfield role. We’ll miss Frizzell. That bench is tiny.

Worth adding that it could be the back 5 that started against Edinburgh with Ballantyne and Devenny as wing-backs and a back three of Watson, McCabe, and Fordyce but I don’t think McCabe would do that again? Surely not?

Fox

Hendrie
McKay
East
McKenna

Todd
Wilson
Cochrane
Connolly

Reilly
Ruth

Really not sure what to make of that starting 11. I'm just assuming he's going with a back 4. If not, no idea who is playing CB or RWB. Thought McGrory was quiet first half last week but I certainly didn't expect him to be dropped for Cochrane. Paton's misses arguably cost us the win last week but he can count himself very unlucky to be dropped. No Gibson at all is bad news.