5 things you'd like to see change in football

BillyAnchor

1. handball on the line is just a goal, no penalty

2. your whole body must be offside to the point there is a gap between you and the last man, none of this pish where your clearly being man marked and stick a leg out for the cross coming in - hardly gaining an advantage

3. maximum time limits for taking throw ins, free kicks, corners and by kicks. subs etc

4. Stricter enforcement of the unbroken run whilst taking a penalty, one chance then it's a by kick & none of this pretend jogging on the spot

5. Falkirk to be treated as a special case due to the navy blue pound

1. All throw-ins must be taken by the nearest outfield player to the ball. None of this fannying about while your left-back with the long throw runs over to the right flank to launch one into the box. 
2. Similarly a free-kick awarded in a team's own half must be taken by the nearest player to the ball. No more fannying about while your defenders throw the ball to one another before eventually the keeper wanders up to hoof it straight out of play anyway. The kick can be taken from anywhere level with or behind the point of the foul, so no more fannying about by the ref as he insists the ball is rolled three feet nearer to the touchline.   
3. A worldwide pay structure for all new professionals after a certain date (eg 1st of January 2025), whereby they are paid a basic weekly wage with all other income being performance related and invested into a trust fund they can't access until they turn 30. So your teenage wonderkid can still get a car and a mortgage but has to remain motivated for the majority of his career. Bonuses can be based on appearances, goals, clean sheets, league position, wins........  
4. Champions' League restricted to the champions only, plus holder, and reverting to a straight knockout along with the Europa.  
5. Cup Winners' Cup reintroduced.

18 hours ago, IncomingExile said:

4. Champions' League restricted to the champions only, plus holder, and reverting to a straight knockout along with the Europa.  
5. Cup Winners' Cup reintroduced.

4. alot of people say this, but the reality is quite different, it is quite often said by the likes of celtic supporters who hope that they will have a chance at it again, in the real world the number of people who actually want to watch a competition with the champions of finland vs the champions of albania, outwith supporters of those two teams instead of inter milan vs athletico madrid , is absololutely tiny.

5. alot of teams who win their cuo also win their league, making it a bit pointless

19 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

4. alot of people say this, but the reality is quite different, it is quite often said by the likes of celtic supporters who hope that they will have a chance at it again, in the real world the number of people who actually want to watch a competition with the champions of finland vs the champions of albania, outwith supporters of those two teams instead of inter milan vs athletico madrid , is absololutely tiny.

What a moronic point.

We're not meant to be listing the things that'll be most popular.  The idea is to list the things we'd like.

51 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What a moronic point.

We're not meant to be listing the things that'll be most popular.  The idea is to list the things we'd like.

f**k up with the name calling ya dick, no one else was doing that.

lots of people say they want to see that format, but they won’t be interested if it ever came about

A few years back the Champions' League final was Liverpool v Spuds. Neither side had been league champions in a combined 87 years at the time.

Just rename it the "UEFA Champions', Runners'-up, Also-Rans' and Other Shit Miscellaneous Entry Criteria For Teams Who Aren't Champions League."  

Or reserve it purely for the champions. 

My lot are in with an outside shout of qualifying this year, but that's not my point....... 

Edited by IncomingExile

9 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

f**k up with the name calling ya dick

This is by far my favourite post of the year. 

Feliz ano novo. Bonne annee.  Nga mihi o te tau hou. 

21 hours ago, IncomingExile said:

A few years back the Champions' League final was Liverpool v Spuds. Neither side had been league champions in a combined 87 years at the time.

Just rename it the "UEFA Champions', Runners'-up, Also-Rans' and Other Shit Miscellaneous Entry Criteria For Teams Who Aren't Champions League."  

Or reserve it purely for the champions. 

My lot are in with an outside shout of qualifying this year, but that's not my point....... 

A lesser man would roast you for your spelling mistake but I'll let it slide 

38 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

A lesser man would roast you for your spelling mistake but I'll let it slide 

I may have been mashed when I typed it, but must confess it was intentional.

1. Teams only play each other twice in the league each season.
2. Make it that you can only block other players from getting to the ball if you have already touched the ball. Too many people obstruct other players to let the ball go out of play to get the throw in etc
3. Bring in a sin bin for yellow cards
4. Penalise time wasting and play acting more.
5. Heaters under your seat that you could put money onto on a cold day to keep you warm.

On 29/12/2022 at 14:38, effeffsee_the2nd said:

1. handball on the line is just a goal, no penalty

2. your whole body must be offside to the point there is a gap between you and the last man, none of this pish where your clearly being man marked and stick a leg out for the cross coming in - hardly gaining an advantage

3. maximum time limits for taking throw ins, free kicks, corners and by kicks. subs etc

4. Stricter enforcement of the unbroken run whilst taking a penalty, one chance then it's a by kick & none of this pretend jogging on the spot

5. Falkirk to be treated as a special case due to the navy blue pound

Agree with every single point here. Very sensible.