County V Well

3 hours ago, Swello said:

Not seen any highlights but from our vantage point in Strathpeffer* it looked like Efford was about to shoot and Callachan came through him and didn't get the ball. 

*Totally don't understand why were stuck away in that corner like that - when County bring a similar micro-support to Fir Park, they get 2000-odd seats to choose from..I can't imagine it was a difficult crowd to look after, although the stewards did give that impression.

Stick them in the corner then get the stewards to stand between them and the goals.  Take £28 from them, they will see the highlights online.

Edited by ropy

1 minute ago, Pete the Jakey said:

What a staggering lack of EDI awareness you have just exhibited.

In 1999 the Steven Lawrence enquiry report defined racism as:

"The collective failure of an organisation to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture, or ethnic origin. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behaviour which amount to discrimination through unwitting prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness and racist stereotyping which disadvantage minority ethnic people."

So yes, signing ethnically diverse players is important.  Very important and I am proud of our diverse squad.

🤣 get off the bevvy, Pete.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Easy for you to sit there and say that though. Put yourself in our shoes - wanting to watch your team. I’ve a soft spot for Clach and went for a few weeks but going to GS wasn’t the same.

As for “not go”, I didn’t go. 100s of County fans stopped going. There’s a reason our attendances are the lowest in the league. Fact of the matter is, there’s several of the older generation of County fans that simply don’t care about what he’s done in his past and just want him for his football related credentials. That chunk, and it’s large, would never stop going because of him and ultimately there is nothing fans that were against the appointment could’ve done.

Surely the reason is that County are a small club with a limited catchment area. Not having a go here but it’s a club playing a level high than it’s natural level that’s been well funded. 

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

Stick them in the corner then get the stewards to stand between them and the goals.  Take £26 from them, they will see the highlights online.

This is why I've stopped going to Dingwall with my son who is a wheelchair user.

Think it's bad trying  to see the game from the back of the stand, you should try watching it at pitch level with stewards standing right in front of you. Not their fault as they're only doing their job but it's shit.

Ross County not the only club where it happens.

Surely the reason is that County are a small club with a limited catchment area. Not having a go here but it’s a club playing a level high than it’s natural level that’s been well funded. 

I agree with the second part of your statement and ultimately we will return to be a jobbing Championship side in 10 years or so, but attendance wise it’s not always been the case since we’ve been in the Premiership.

Our Premiership Attendances since 2015:

2022/23 (so far) - 4,131 (12th) - skewed slightly by large away attendances.

2021/22 - 3,978 (11th)
2019/20 - 4,361 (9th)
2017/18 - 4,540 (10th)
2016/17 - 4,103 (10th)
2015/16 - 4,033 (7th)

I acknowledge we have a large away section where you can just chuck fans behind the goal (or in the corner[emoji6]) which probably skews attendance numbers slightly, but over the last couple years there has been a general dwindling in the numbers. I’d like to see our attendances this season disregarding away fans - don’t think I’ve seen the stadium so empty on a consistent basis in a long time.

The other thing is county absolutely lie about their attendance figures.

Im not having a go here, as it’s a small town with a limited catchment area so the support is decent, but I’ve been there when there’s been barely 2000 there and the attendance is given as nearly 4000. 

Not the only club that do it by any means, but those average figures above are free tickets given away and ticket holders not at the game.  Basically, they are total bullshit.

The other thing is county absolutely lie about their attendance figures.
Im not having a go here, as it’s a small town with a limited catchment area so the support is decent, but I’ve been there when there’s been barely 2000 there and the attendance is given as nearly 4000. 
Not the only club that do it by any means, but those average figures above are free tickets given away and ticket holders not at the game.  Basically, they are total bullshit.

I think when we first came up and the subsequent 2/3 years they were pretty legit figures, but aye now it’s definitely plucked from thin air.

19 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I think when we first came up and the subsequent 2/3 years they were pretty legit figures, but aye now it’s definitely plucked from thin air.

A lot of clubs do it these days, its shite. Even Celtic under rocket Ronnie would regularly post over 50,000 when the top tier was shut.

Its a pity as no one really has a clue how many were genuinely at a match these days, or can compare to previous years.

42 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

2022/23 (so far) - 4,131 (12th) - skewed slightly by large away attendances.

2021/22 - 3,978 (11th)
2019/20 - 4,361 (9th)
2017/18 - 4,540 (10th)
2016/17 - 4,103 (10th)
2015/16 - 4,033 (7th)

Impressive numbers given the location, especially when you compare it to the central belt top flight clubs. Livi and Accies (when they were in the top flight) come to mind, and I’d include Motherwell in that. Despite more prolonged ‘success’ at a higher level than county our average home attendances for years and years have sat just above or just below 4k. It’s a shame, busy stands add to the buzz and it doesn’t take too much more for the home stands to feel pretty rammed.

Is the distance to Glasgow a factor, or are there still bus loads heading south every weekend? What were the attendances when yous were in the highland league? Is that where the core base is rooted, or has it grown since the mid 90s?  

16 minutes ago, CoF said:

Impressive numbers given the location, especially when you compare it to the central belt top flight clubs. Livi and Accies (when they were in the top flight) come to mind, and I’d include Motherwell in that. Despite more prolonged ‘success’ at a higher level than county our average home attendances for years and years have sat just above or just below 4k. It’s a shame, busy stands add to the buzz and it doesn’t take too much more for the home stands to feel pretty rammed.

Is the distance to Glasgow a factor, or are there still bus loads heading south every weekend? What were the attendances when yous were in the highland league? Is that where the core base is rooted, or has it grown since the mid 90s?  

County started fudging their attendance figures about a decade before the first season listed there.  There's no way they were getting over 3000 for run of the mill games against the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Killie, Partick etc which they would claim.  Anyone with working eyes could see that.

Other clubs do it sure, but they're the OGs.

4 hours ago, Swello said:

*Totally don't understand why were stuck away in that corner like that - when County bring a similar micro-support to Fir Park, they get 2000-odd seats to choose from..I can't imagine it was a difficult crowd to look after, although the stewards did give that impression.

I assumed it was due to the history of slightly daft behaviour from Motherwell supports there, coupled with County's... firm stance on it.

It looked shite reward for the trip up the road to be stuck in there though, mental.

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

County started fudging their attendance figures about a decade before the first season listed there.  There's no way they were getting over 3000 for run of the mill games against the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Killie, Partick etc which they would claim.  Anyone with working eyes could see that.

Other clubs do it sure, but they're the OGs.

Listen Up Reaction GIF by Laff

There's definitely a number of previously exceedingly loyal County fans I know who have just lost interest with the Malky thing, the shitebag way the club handled furlough, the constant endless cycle of players who are in and gone before you realize and after a while it just gets tiring.