County V Well

1 minute ago, AdamMFC said:

Don't think any of us at halftime saw this finishing 5-0 but what a turnaround and result. I thought Penney was great tonight as well. Van Veens finishing for his 3rd was great.

Aye. I was thinking we were going to be trying to hold out for a tight 0-1. But we came out and blew them away after half time. Wasn't even a contest.

Penney has been great. A difference maker for us getting forward from full back and able to deliver quality.

Looks like Malky has lost the team too. A lot of problems, but it isn't all down to the manager (although it inevitably falls at his feet). Recruitment/scouting has been a shambles. Panic recruitment early on hasn't done us any favours. 

Outwith being overly kind, what the f**k is going on with our formation, personally and overall tactics/gameplay? Long ball football doesn't work for us. There is no plan B. 

P.S.

Can we just play East Fife every week?

I felt a bit mental heading up for this - but i don’t now.

First half was dull, we didn’t really get going, although there was probably still better movement and passing than we showed in the 1-0 win in May. Penalty looked as clear as it could from the far end and KVV finished as well as he has for all his many pens this season bar one. Us taking the lead visibly knocked the stuffing out of County and they resorted to the no-confidence aimless punt that would be highly familiar to anyone that watched us for the 2nd half of last season. 

Second half was all that was decent about us under Hammy so far - good passing and movement and plenty of chances created - and County took the humping that Utd should have got a few weeks back.

I think @Busta Nut got it spot on above - Efford tonight was like watching Humphrey; plenty of frustrating stuff but also really good to watch and maybe his most effective game yet. 

I don’t know what Slattery has been through recently but it was great to see the whole team around him after he scored. No harm to Maguire but having Slattery back was a massive upgrade. 

Trying to think of 5-0 away wins over the years in the league and genuinely can’t think of any off the top of my head, although I’m sure it’s happened….looking forward to Easter rd now.

I didn’t see the game so can’t do a debrief type post but my god. Saw the team at 7 o clock and knew it would be tough with Paton and Callachan starting - I thought we’d lose tonight but I didn’t think that was forthcoming. He simply has to beat Livi at the weekend, a place we never win, or his peg will fall off the wall.

Happy with employing a racist while the going is good but once you get beat 5-0 by Motherwell that's one outrage too many. A spineless fanbase and owner getting what they deserve.

Absolute drivel by the way. Expect nothing else from yourself though, one of the strangest contributors on the whole site.

When i saw Well at St MIrren Park in the opening game of the season I thought they’d struggle hugely this season.

I’ve not watched highlights of any of their games since, but there have been some great results.

5-0 at RC though is something even the OF struggle to do.

Few folk saying on FB that "at least Callachan had fire in his belly".

Great when he can hardly complete a pass and gives away a penalty doing f**k knows what.

50 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Great when he can hardly complete a pass and gives away a penalty doing f**k knows what.

I'm still not entirely sure quite what the penalty was for. It was a horribly awkward thing he did, and I think it probably was a penalty, but I'm not actually sure quite.. what for?

26 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm still not entirely sure quite what the penalty was for. It was a horribly awkward thing he did, and I think it probably was a penalty, but I'm not actually sure quite.. what for?

Looked like he was trying to track the Motherwell runner, got lost and pulled him do the ground while spinning for some bizarre reason.