Queen’s Park v The Ton, 4-10-22

Having watched the highlights ---- how did Davidson manage to miss what was basically an open goal(0.45)?. Plus both Morton's goals were a severe case of 'ball watching' with a combo of fresh air swipes. 

Really hope we are switched back on again for Saturday before confidence starts to suffer...

C'mon Queens you are better than this ----its payback time !

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Having watched the highlights ---- how did Davidson manage to miss what was basically an open goal(0.45)?. Plus both Morton's goals were a severe case of 'ball watching' with a combo of fresh air swipes. 

Really hope we are switched back on again for Saturday before confidence starts to suffer...

C'mon Queens you are better than this ----its payback time !

No, you're really not.

The sort of game that dulls the senses. Rearrange the letters of The Beautiful Game into What a Shite Game of Football.

Bottom line, Morton were up for this and we weren't.

We had the chance of the season early on and Josh McPake missed it. 

We've lost some bad goals from set pieces but the first last night took the biscuit. I think it hit off the guy's willie to go in. Woeful defending.

That gave the mighty Ton about 70 minutes to waste time and they embraced this task with admirable gusto. Was it two or three booked for timewasting? No matter, it worked.

Was their second goal offside? The offside rule this season is such a shambles, does anyone know what offside is anymore?

We rallied after an hour, scored a corker but missed far, far too many decent chances. To be fair, we normally get things on target, but not last night. We need to start Williamson; he made a real difference when he came on and he combines well with Murray.

A great chance to go top, even briefly, but we let ourselves down with probably the worst display of the season. A bad day at the office; this will happen.

Onwards and upwards.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The sort of game that dulls the senses. Rearrange the letters of The Beautiful Game into What a Shite Game of Football.

1432316645_giphy(3).gif.dec12cc8c6760a9f7421af9f53926531.gif

That gave the mighty Ton about 70 minutes to waste time and they embraced this task with admirable gusto. Was it two or three booked for timewasting? No matter, it worked.

Was their second goal offside? The offside rule this season is such a shambles, does anyone know what offside is anymore?

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

17 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

It was actually Jake Davidson but aye, still not sure why he elected to pass it across goal rather than just hit it the way he's facing.

The ridiculous thing is we might have actually stolen a point from a game we deserved nothing from if our Celtic loanee could actually get a decent shot on target. I don't get what Williamson has done wrong to be dropped since Cilftonville (a game where he played well and scored) 

5 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I don't get what Williamson has done wrong to be dropped since Cilftonville (a game where he played well and scored) 

I don't think he's done anything wrong, I see it more as a case of there's something either formally in Kenny's contract or an informal agreement of sorts where we only have to pay x amount of his wages as long as he's getting game time. That's just speculation from me but I suspect it's something like that.

Both Kenny and McPake have been disappointing so far, no doubt. We've seen flashes from McPake (against Cliftonville) but Kenny looks very lightweight and short of confidence. For both of them, I think it's a matter of one just going in off their arse and they'll flourish then on. 

40 minutes ago, Spiders67 said:

I don't think he's done anything wrong, I see it more as a case of there's something either formally in Kenny's contract or an informal agreement of sorts where we only have to pay x amount of his wages as long as he's getting game time. That's just speculation from me but I suspect it's something like that.

Both Kenny and McPake have been disappointing so far, no doubt. We've seen flashes from McPake (against Cliftonville) but Kenny looks very lightweight and short of confidence. For both of them, I think it's a matter of one just going in off their arse and they'll flourish then on. 

I’m sure I read on Twitter when McPake joined that there’s a recall option in January. I’d imagine if things aren’t working out at that point, activating that option may be the best option for both parties. Still plenty of football to play until then to prove me wrong still which I absolutely hope he does 

I was actually buzzing when we signed Kenny on loan. The aspect that particularly excited me was that he had a full season in the Irish league prior to Celtic with Sligo Rovers and hit double figures at 18 years old. He genuinely seemed like a potential star by their fans. So he’s obviously got the ability to play at 1st team level but he’s shown nothing so far to suggest he should be starting any games for the foreseeable 

Edited by qpfc

On 05/10/2022 at 21:51, Hampden Diehard said:

We've lost some bad goals from set pieces but the first last night took the biscuit. I think it hit off the guy's willie to go in. Woeful defending.

We rallied after an hour, scored a corker but missed far, far too many decent chances. To be fair, we normally get things on target, but not last night. We need to start Williamson; he made a real difference when he came on and he combines well with Murray.

A great chance to go top, even briefly, but we let ourselves down with probably the worst display of the season. A bad day at the office; this will happen.

Onwards and upwards.

Who was offside for our second?

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

I was actually buzzing when we signed Kenny on loan. The aspect that particularly excited me was that he had a full season in the Irish league prior to Celtic with Sligo Rovers and hit double figures at 18 years old. He genuinely seemed like a potential star by their fans. So he’s obviously got the ability to play at 1st team level but he’s shown nothing so far to suggest he should be starting any games for the foreseeable 

I’ve still not given up on him yet.  He needs to toughen up, though. Thought he did ok at Hamilton, but he’s shown nothing other than that. Williamson can handle himself because he’s been flung around by big junior team mutants. You can see he actually enjoys the scrap, which seems to be something we’re generally lacking. He’s got to start on Saturday with Murray for me.

Kenny is worth another chance down the line. The Irish league isn’t full of shrinking violets and he’s done it there. He looks like an example of a stockpiled big club young player who has regressed by not playing real football. Gone from playing streetwise defenders in a competitive environment to playing with and against kids at Celtic. I don’t see how that can ever benefit a player who wants to make it. The fact that Beuker likes him is keeping me on board as well. Thomson looked a haddy for a good spell and he saw something we all didn’t.