Queen’s Park v The Ton, 4-10-22

Game coming so quickly after Saturday might mean we see long overdue changes: Baird and Quitongo straight back in, plus McGrattan for Blues and McGregor for Kabia.

If Kabia starts again, I’ll greet.

If nine or ten of the players gubbed yesterday trot back out as if f**k all happened, we’ll get gubbed again.

I got tickets for the original postponed match but can't manage a mid-week evening KO. Should be a good match though with Queen's getting their act together in defence and Morton looking for some points to get away from the tussle at the bottom - they don't deserve to be down there.

Come on the Queen's

2 hours ago, GM1867 said:

Morton looking for some points to get away from the tussle at the bottom - they don't deserve to be down there.

We absolutely do if we continue to playing wastes of skin like Kabia and Blues. 

Wary about ever being confident because this is the silliest league on the planet. Huge chance to go top of the league, which feels pretty hallucinogenic. Can only ask that the players keep doing what they’re doing. They’ve been brilliant, so far.

How is Gillespie’s wig looking?

On 02/10/2022 at 18:48, an86 said:

Wary about ever being confident because this is the silliest league on the planet. Huge chance to go top of the league, which feels pretty hallucinogenic. Can only ask that the players keep doing what they’re doing. They’ve been brilliant, so far.

Can’t believe that Queens Park 8 games into the season are 2nd in the league and only 1 point off the top. We’re on form and we can beat any team in the Championship albeit so can anybody. Morton haven’t started the season well but just like Raith the games have been tight and I’m expecting the game today to be close as well. Would try to be confident but we’re Queens Park so we could go and f*ck this up but it’ll be another defensive performance to help us to a 2-0 win with Murray and Savoury getting the goals🤞

We're very limited in what we can do to change things, but Baird, McGrattan and McGregor should all start tonight. Blues and Kabia need to be dropped, you can't be this consistently bad and keep your place in the team. King could also do with being taken out of the firing line after Saturday, but Grimshaw evidently isn't fit enough to be starting games either. If Lithgow's fit we could drop all four and go to a back three.

I see the appeal of the back three in general that we can get back to shitfesting and grinding results out like last season, but either Strapp at centre back with King at wing back after the game King had on Saturday or Pignatiello at centre back with an unfit Grimshaw at wing back are just asking for us to be cut open. Whether we're playing a back four or back three the starting premise for the defence at the moment with how badly we're being shredded out wide should be that Strapp and Pignatiello are our starting full backs or wing backs. That being the case, if Lithgow isn't fit for tonight then it needs to be a back four.

You can debate how exactly to set the midfield up in that scenario but the 4-3-3 definitely needs in the bin, sand-dancing wingers clinging to touchlines does not work. McGregor can have the freedom to drift wide if necessary but two wingers can't happen again. McGrattan is also more effective in the middle, so I'd be inclined to play more of a 4-3-1-2 - one of Grimshaw and King will have to join Gillespie and Crawford in the middle of the park, McGrattan in front of them then McGregor playing off Muirhead. If Lithgow is fit and we're going 3-5-2, no King or Grimshaw and move McGrattan a bit deeper.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

We're very limited in what we can do to change things, but Baird, McGrattan and McGregor should all start tonight. Blues and Kabia need to be dropped, you can't be this consistently bad and keep your place in the team. King could also do with being taken out of the firing line after Saturday, but Grimshaw evidently isn't fit enough to be starting games either. If Lithgow's fit we could drop all four and go to a back three.

I see the appeal of the back three in general that we can get back to shitfesting and grinding results out like last season, but either Strapp at centre back with King at wing back after the game King had on Saturday or Pignatiello at centre back with an unfit Grimshaw at wing back are just asking for us to be cut open. Whether we're playing a back four or back three the starting premise for the defence at the moment with how badly we're being shredded out wide should be that Strapp and Pignatiello are our starting full backs or wing backs. That being the case, if Lithgow isn't fit for tonight then it needs to be a back four.

You can debate how exactly to set the midfield up in that scenario but the 4-3-3 definitely needs in the bin, sand-dancing wingers clinging to touchlines does not work. McGregor can have the freedom to drift wide if necessary but two wingers can't happen again. McGrattan is also more effective in the middle, so I'd be inclined to play more of a 4-3-1-2 - one of Grimshaw and King will have to join Gillespie and Crawford in the middle of the park, McGrattan in front of them then McGregor playing off Muirhead. If Lithgow is fit and we're going 3-5-2, no King or Grimshaw and move McGrattan a bit deeper.

Your best bet is 9-0-1

Probably the most confident I’ve been all season for a game. However, I don’t think it’ll be smooth sailing as the championship has proved to be incredibly unpredictable. I had a similar feeling of confidence going into the cove game and that was a hard watch in the latter stages of the game. A similar outcome would be desirable though 

Edited by qpfc

--------------Schwake-------------

Pignatiello --Baird--O'Connor--Strapp

-------Grimshaw----Gillespie-------

---McGregor--Crawford--Muirhead--

-------------Quitongo-------------

If he insists on Grimshaw at RB, Crawford as a more of a number 8 and McGrattan into the starting line-up (although I think this is the best team we can field with the resources at our disposal).

Get it done, Dougie; four defeats on the bounce and three full months until January doesn't bear thinking about.

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

--------------Schwake-------------

Pignatiello --Baird--O'Connor--Strapp

-------Grimshaw----Gillespie-------

---McGregor--Crawford--Muirhead--

-------------Quitongo-------------

If he insists on Grimshaw at RB, Crawford as a more of a number 8 and McGrattan into the starting line-up (although I think this is the best team we can field with the resources at our disposal).

Get it done, Dougie; four defeats on the bounce and three full months until January doesn't bear thinking about.

Quitongo loan striker😅 

This has genuinely been good. Firstly the players are clearly out to prove a point and whatever was said to them after Saturday has put a rocket up their arses, Kabia and Muirhead are running themselves into the ground, but more importantly than the workrate or mentality they're actually playing well. Kabia has taken confidence from the goal and looks threatening, the pressing is working with Crawford covering a ridiculous amount of ground.

The goal was ridiculously scrappy but who cares, good work from Kabia in the build up to the corner as well. There've been a couple of hairy moments defending crosses but we're worth the lead and it could have been more, Strapp had to bury that header.

Edited by Dunning1874