Inverness Caley Thistle 🔴⚫️ vs Patrick Thistle 🟡🔴

Partick are easily the best team I've seen us play this season and deservedly spanked us a few weeks back. Hard not to see them winning again this coming Friday but I'm hopeful that if we can keep things a bit tighter at the back and cut out the calamitous back passes then maybe we can sneak something.

2 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Dowds couldn't really be doing any more to demand a starting spot, the only man in the country with a better strike rate than Haaland. Still feel we're a better team with Graham starting though, even accounting for his one missed sitter a game. 

Graham seems to absolutely fucking despise Caley for some reason so I’d still be starting him here. 

Hyde on the bench and Deas being forced to watch the highlights of the last game beforehand should result in a solid defensive performance for us.

Carson to boot Tiffoney half way to Aviemore in the first minute and The Caley to run out 2-0 victors.

Thistle ( the one and only) averaging 2.6 goals per game in league so far leaving Friday’s affair moderately winnable if we can stop defensive wobbles . Big Bri in full on wind up mode and twin menace of Tiffoney and Lawless to unleash mayhem.

31 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Thistle ( the one and only) averaging 2.6 goals per game in league so far leaving Friday’s affair moderately winnable if we can stop defensive wobbles . Big Bri in full on wind up mode and twin menace of Tiffoney and Lawless to unleash mayhem.

PbJww5CaYj4Fq.gif

9 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Dowds couldn't really be doing any more to demand a starting spot, the only man in the country with a better strike rate than Haaland. Still feel we're a better team with Graham starting though, even accounting for his one missed sitter a game. 

Graham’s had a hand in 12 goals in 13 games this season so important to acknowledge his overall assistance to the team even in games where he hasn’t scored, and I think that’s probably what keeps him in the side despite it being frustrating when he misses chances. Could try Dowds and Graham together but this isn’t the game to be tinkering with a winning system which is unfortunate for Anton. 

Edited by JagsCG

With results tonight Friday becomes even bigger now imo. If we can go and win up at caley I think it’s a real statement that is our league to lose and anyone who wants 1st will have to take it from us. If I have learned one thing being a thistle fan though, it’s that’s not how we operate and we will do our best to do things the hard way. Already 4 painful and ridiculous dropped points at home to accies and cove now mean we have to win games like this on Friday. If we where putting away the bottom 4/5 teams at home comfortably the way we should have done in those 2 fixtures in particular, we could have opened up a small gap over the teams around us already and it would make a point more appealing/ acceptable in games like Friday. No disrespect to accies or cove obviously as we have no given right to beat these teams anywhere but those where games where we blew an incredible amount of brilliant opportunities though and really should have won both.

Obviously last night’s results went in our favour but I’d probably say I’m now less confident of a win on Friday because we tend to make things hard. Cliché but it is true that anyone can beat anyone in this division because I thought both Cove and Morton were absolutely rotten against us.

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

Expecting us to lose this one 😦

2-1 to the fake Thistle 😧

Fake Thistle?

You've got a fuckin cheek, your team represents a city district of a few thousand people, not a village, town or City, your proper title should be The Wee Thistle.

Edited by SandyCromarty

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Fake Thistle?

You've got a fuckin cheek, your team represents a city district of a few thousand people, not a village, town or City, your proper title should be the The Wee Thistle.

I refuse to take lectures from fans of a side who’ve never even won the Tennent’s Sixes. 

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I refuse to take lectures from fans of a side who’ve never even won the Tennent’s Sixes. 

You may have won the Tennents sixes but have you ever been joint winners of the Challenge Cup?

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

And have you forgotten you won the Scottish Cup 101 years ago, fantastic achievement for a city district club.

Edited by SandyCromarty

57 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

This really needs to come back. Seeing guys like Kent and Jota getting sythed in half or full on ice-hockey style body-checked into the barriers by some hatchet merchant from a 'diddy' team within the confines of a run-down leisure centre in a central belt backwater town would make for some quality Sunday afternoon viewing during the winter break.