Inverness Caley Thistle 🔴⚫️ vs Patrick Thistle 🟡🔴

1 hour ago, sophia said:

ftfy 

In a league format you're either top or you're not*.

Thank you.

*barring equal goal difference and all other tie breakers being matched.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Believe me that top of the league is his biggest achievement in 20 odd years of management in the lower leagues.

When are teams in the lower leagues, where he has spent most of his management career, going to wake up to the fact that McCall goes nowhere.

He is typical of the problem in Scottish football where season in season out the same old tired managers get on to the management roundabout, as I mentioned on our own thread I was at a French League 2 Valenciennes v Nimes match last month and the standard of the game at that was way ahead of our Premier League. Scottish Football needs to have a serious look at our game and rid itself of the McInness's, Duffy's Mccall's etc and especially those managers who go to English football and fail in weeks and then find a job back in Scotland, that's where our game is falling down, we have the players, we don't have the right management.

Tbf though wouldnt even the French 2nd tier have a decent tv deal comparitively vs. the scraps we get on BBC scotland/alba over the last few years, leaving aside the top flight? Better attended in raw numbers, paid in euros vs. the £, climate etc. etc.

Edit: probably for another thread tbh, but dont think its quite as simple as that. May very well be someone posting over on Croissants & Wine right now making similar complaints, ha.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I was at a French League 2 Valenciennes v Nimes match last month and the standard of the game at that was way ahead of our Premier League. Scottish Football needs to have a serious look at our game and rid itself of the McInness's, Duffy's Mccall's etc and especially those managers who go to English football and fail in weeks and then find a job back in Scotland, that's where our game is falling down, we have the players, we don't have the right management.

I think France having more than ten times the population of Scotland might be something to do with it, too.

5 minutes ago, jagfox said:

In a league format you're either top or you're not*.

Thank you.

*barring equal goal difference and all other tie breakers being matched.

It's October.

Are you all seriously clinging onto this?

Your manager woke up this morning and realised that he had lost the measure of himself in attempting to be too clever with misdirection.

To his credit he prostrated himself and salvaged some of his reputation.

Simultaneously, your striker most probably felt the ache of slow time in his legs.

There are real issues that goal difference will not resolve and they will not be lost on wee Ian.

11 minutes ago, sophia said:

It's October.

Are you all seriously clinging onto this?

Your manager woke up this morning and realised that he had lost the measure of himself in attempting to be too clever with misdirection.

To his credit he prostrated himself and salvaged some of his reputation.

Simultaneously, your striker most probably felt the ache of slow time in his legs.

There are real issues that goal difference will not resolve and they will not be lost on wee Ian.

You are terminally boring. 

59 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The Patrick fans need to follow their manager's lead and apologise to both The Caley and The Caley's good friend, referee Scott Lambie.

The R*pe Rovers fans need to exit this thread and join Arbroath and Clyde fans in the theatre of delusion.

17 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Judging by today's statement he's regretting his words. Think he just needed a cigarette to calm down. Looking at the replays he'll see for himself that he was harsh. 

He was undoubtedly harsh. The ref didn’t have the best of games but we’ve probably all (inc McCall) seen far more experienced referees have worse games than Lambie on Friday. Phoning the ref up to apologise is a decent thing to do not sure it’ll stop him getting a ban from the SFA however. 

16 hours ago, Reid said:

You must be raging that he’s got us top of the league at the moment.

Perma-raging, whether we’re top, bottom or any place in-between bit embarrassing really.

Edited by JagsCG

18 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think France having more than ten times the population of Scotland might be something to do with it, too.

Fair enough.

But Holland, Belgium, Portugal and Denmark all have populations many times less than France yet all four are in FIFA's World Rankings top ten.

Denmark has a similar size population to Scotland.

Scotland are 40th in the World Rankings.

I highlight this, not to denigrate The Scotland team, but to illustrate that my opinion is that there is serious failures throughout scottish football at root level, we see the same old faces or cheaper options from elsewhere in management, we need new ideas and an overhaul of we do our business, Andy Robertson,(Liverpool), in a recent interview when asked what the difference was between English and Scottish Football he immediately replied 'negativity in Scotland'.

Staying with population, Ireland has qualified three times since 1990 for the World Cup and Wales have qualified for this years event.

Danish Football generated £19.9 Million in 2021, the SPFL announced revenue of £39.5 Million for the 2021-2022 season.

How is Danish football managing their resources better?