Inverness Caley Thistle 🔴⚫️ vs Patrick Thistle 🟡🔴

With results tonight Friday becomes even bigger now imo. If we can go and win up at caley I think it’s a real statement that is our league to lose and anyone who wants 1st will have to take it from us. If I have learned one thing being a thistle fan though, it’s that’s not how we operate and we will do our best to do things the hard way.

Obviously last night’s results went in our favour but I’d probably say I’m now less confident of a win on Friday because we tend to make things hard.

Less of this pish please. Fans of every team trot out this "we never do things the easy way" nonsense. Last time we won this league we had the cigars out, and if beating Falkirk 5-0 isn't the easy way of winning League One then I don't know what is.

We're the bookies favourites, on great form with a balanced squad and decent strength in depth. Things can go wrong obviously but even with the "silly" points we've dropped we're still on course for 76 points, good enough to win the league eight times out of ten.

If we play in Inverness like we're capable of then we'll win. It's not a foregone conclusion obviously and another 3-1 loss wouldn't exactly send shock waves through the Championship, but going in with a mentality of "we always do things the hard way" is unnecessary.

The Queen's Park and Dundee results last night have zero effect on Friday's match.

'Mon the Jags - eternal champions of the Scottish Football League and Tennent's Sixes.

Less of this pish please. Fans of every team trot out this "we never do things the easy way" nonsense. Last time we won this league we had the cigars out, and if beating Falkirk 5-0 isn't the easy way of winning League One then I don't know what is.

We're the bookies favourites, on great form with a balanced squad and decent strength in depth. Things can go wrong obviously but even with the "silly" points we've dropped we're still on course for 76 points, good enough to win the league eight times out of ten.

If we play in Inverness like we're capable of then we'll win. It's not a foregone conclusion obviously and another 3-1 loss wouldn't exactly send shock waves through the Championship, but going in with a mentality of "we always do things the hard way" is unnecessary.

The Queen's Park and Dundee results last night have zero effect on Friday's match.

'Mon the Jags - eternal champions of the Scottish Football League and Tennent's Sixes.

Fair enough! [emoji23] I am happy with how things are going but can’t help but look back at missed opportunities and be picky, just in my nature unfortunately. Long way to go and as I said in my original post I do agree it’s our league to lose.

People will look Tuesday night's favourable results elsewhere, which I can understand. However, I keep saying, we have to concentrate on winning our own games and nothing else.

I think if we go to Inverness and win on Friday night it could be a real season defining result. It would be a boost psychologically as much as anything else.

Do we do things the hard way more than any other team? Probably not, but I get that it sometimes feels that way. I think this squad is different though, and the poor results we have had have been through a bit of complacency.

Confident of a getting a result but don't think there will be a lot of goals.

3 hours ago, Jag71 said:

People will look Tuesday night's favourable results elsewhere, which I can understand. However, I keep saying, we have to concentrate on winning our own games and nothing else.

I think if we go to Inverness and win on Friday night it could be a real season defining result. It would be a boost psychologically as much as anything else.

Do we do things the hard way more than any other team? Probably not, but I get that it sometimes feels that way. I think this squad is different though, and the poor results we have had have been through a bit of complacency.

Confident of a getting a result but don't think there will be a lot of goals.

Agree with you about complacency and hope that Cove and to a lesser extent Raith has knocked that out of us.

8 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Patrick fans talking about complacency as if they're prime Barcelona. I see they've played 5 homes games already whereas we've only played 3. That's the difference.

Difference is we pumped yous 4-1 and 3 points I think. 

19 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

If that game had been played at The Caley Stadium then we'd be three points ahead of you right now.

You must be very confident of victory tomorrow night with a post like that. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt you. 😉

Match threads do tend to become a bit of a car wreck but some of the comments from Thistle fans are a bit cringe. 

It's nice being top of the league and the season is, obviously, going well so far but we've played the sum total of 8 league games! 

There is plenty to indicate that we will be title challengers this season but also enough evidence of flaws that could hinder any challege. 

Let's see where we, and others, are come January and take it from there. It gives me the fear to read Thistle fans talking about a two way title fight and/or writting the likes of Dundee off. 

Just now, Walter said:

You must be very confident of victory tomorrow night with a post like that. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt you. 😉

We're so confident that the Caley boys are turning out for the game with wooden clogs on and blindfolded.

Edited by SandyCromarty

From the limited exposure I have had, I think Partick are the best team in the league.  Unless Dundee are just taking their time to get going I think the title is heading to Firhill.

We beat last season's champs three times out of four though, so I think we will win tomorrow night.  8-0 I reckon.

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, John MacLean said:

gives me the fear to read Thistle fans talking about a two way title fight and/or writting the likes of Dundee off. 

I don't recall seeing anything like that. Only a justified optimism given the results so far. I'm sure there will be shite days aplenty to come so why not just enjoy the moment. 

5 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Patrick fans talking about complacency as if they're prime Barcelona. I see they've played 5 homes games already whereas we've only played 3. That's the difference.

Yes, that's exactly what I was implying. We're prime Barcelona.

15 hours ago, Walter said:

I don't recall seeing anything like that. Only a justified optimism given the results so far. I'm sure there will be shite days aplenty to come so why not just enjoy the moment. 

To be fair that might have been said elsewhere. 

I am enjoying the moment. Very much so. This is the most enjoyable Thistle side to watch since the 2012-2013 season. There's strong parallels between that one and this one. 

I think we've a chance but less than a quarter in, it's nothing more than that. For now. 

I think we're a centre back short with Brownlie a shadow of the player he was and Akinola struggling, and both what happens at Firhill and elsewhere in January will be critical. 

That said three points tonight would send out a positive message ahead of the rest playing tomorrow. I wouldn't be too unhappy though to head back to Glasgow with a point. Defeat would naturally be disappointing but no disaster.