Inverness Caley Thistle 🔴⚫️ vs Patrick Thistle 🟡🔴

Two good results for the teams going into the big match of the Championship. 

Shame I'll miss this but will watch in anticipation of a decent game.

ICT have turned a corner results wise but Thistle will be confident of at least a point.

Could be a few goals.

ICT 1 PTFC 3

Edited by jagfox

• jagfox changed the title to Inverness Caley Thistle 🔴⚫️ vs Patrick Thistle 🟡🔴

I think Partick have the strongest starting 11 in the league so no surprises to see them top and fully expect them to challenge for the title.

The big difference we have is the revelation that Cammy Harper is essentially the Scottish Zidane so fully expect him to bang in at least a hat trick on our way to an easy win.

Partick probably have the best attack in the Championship having scored 21 goals in their first 8 games. Whereas we have only conceded 9 goals in 8 games which is the lowest in the league and 4 of them came against Partick. 

Hopefully a much improved performance after the last time against PT. 

Cameron Harper 3 Partick Thistle 0 

6 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

It would be even stronger if we didn’t start with Cammy Smith

I don't get McCall's persistence with Smith. He's scored one goal and has one assist in 50 games. I don't think we've seen the best of the player, he's been decent at other clubs, but when he's getting a game ahead of Tiffoney and Fitzpatrick you have to ask questions.

If the guy is going in and trying his best you can't ask for anything more. You can ask why the manager keeps picking him though. He must be brilliant in training..

Big game on Friday night. ICT have picked up over the last few games but, with this squad, I'm now confident going in to every match.

9 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

It would be even stronger if we didn’t start with Cammy Smith

We've got to give the other teams a chance...

Seriously, he seemed to get on the ball a wee bit early doors but fell right out of the game and Milne wasn't getting any chances to go forward so was rightfully hooked at half-time.

He must be like Ronaldo in training or have incriminating evidence on the manager to get so many starts with so little impact on games. 

The Toom Tabard (empty shirt) sums him up in a Thistle Jersey. 

Suggested XI for this game

——————- Harper————-—-—

—Harper—Harper—-Harper—Delaney

——————-Harper—Harper———-——

—-Harper————Harper——-Harper—

—————————Harper———————

28 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Hameron Carper suddenly becoming a good player is the funniest and most unlikely thing to happen to us since Roman Golobart scored that scissor kick OG

I forgot all about that 😂 I remember Golobart also broke his ankle against Dunfermline in the Cup replay trying to do the Zidane spin move. Bring him home Doddsy 

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I forgot all about that 😂 I remember Golobart also broke his ankle against Dunfermline in the Cup replay trying to do the Zidane spin move. Bring him home Doddsy 

He's still only 30. What a career:

Screenshot-20221002-115245-Samsung-Inter

7 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Hameron Carper suddenly becoming a good player is the funniest and most unlikely thing to happen to us since Roman Golobart scored that scissor kick OG

Ah good old owngoalabart. That wasn't his only effort into our own net was it? 

We've got to give the other teams a chance...
Seriously, he seemed to get on the ball a wee bit early doors but fell right out of the game and Milne wasn't getting any chances to go forward so was rightfully hooked at half-time.
He must be like Ronaldo in training or have incriminating evidence on the manager to get so many starts with so little impact on games. 
The Toom Tabard (empty shirt) sums him up in a Thistle Jersey. 

Couldn’t have put it better myself, why on earth does he persist with cammy smith. Not one single thistle fan hasn’t seen enough of him. I hate getting on a players back and am always one for giving chances but smith has quite literally had 50 of them. For an attacker one goal and assist in 50 appearances is shocking. I know football isint all based on stats but he does very little in games to say the least, regardless of his goal contributions. Quite literally baffles me why he’s even coming off the bench before fitzy, tiff, Mullen or even Weston let alone starting. As you say he must train like messi every day. Would love to know what the other players think about him. The fact he did nothing then was hooked at half time makes McCalls decision to start him even more odd. But enough about cammy smith, looking forward to Friday will be a tough game no doubt but we have no reason not to be confident. I predict an entertaining score draw of 2-2/ 3-3.

On 02/10/2022 at 11:56, Stephen Malkmus said:

He's still only 30. What a career:

Screenshot-20221002-115245-Samsung-Inter

Golobart was in the FA Cup FInal squad about a year after leaving us!  I actually thought he'd turn into a really good player but I take it it hasn't happened.

Difficult to call, but if PT win this, it'll do a lot for their confidence and pushing towards the title especially given they will have taken points home & away against us and I probably consider us as one of the main challengers for the title and play-off places. While our defense still looks shaky, its pretty solid conceding the least in the league, but we don't create and score enough unlike PT who are bagging almost 3 per game average.

Its on the tele so hopefully a cracker of a game, but think it'll be more likely a scrappy 1-1 draw