Celtic v Motherwell

7 hours ago, bennett said:

If he'd succeeded in conning the ref then the Motherwell player would have been sent off.

I didn't view it as designed to get Sol sent off, more he came for ball 12/13 yards from his line, ended up on his arse and needed an immediate get out of jail free card. It's well known head injuries/concussion get an immediate stoppage so I saw it as a purely cynical act actioned as the ball fell to KVV 22 yards out.

Not a con but Lamie's handball was a criminal oversight by the ref and even more so the far side linesman.

2-1 at Parkhead, many Well fans would have bitten your hand off to walk away with -1 GD at before KO.

Just watched Sportscene highlights and plus on iplayer. Neither program mentions the incident. I feel pretty confident and I'm sure most even handed Celtic fans must agree if Motherwell were leading 2-1 and Kelly did that the incident would consume the debate in the post match analysis.

The fact it goes by without even an acknowledgement is purely "journalists" shirking their duty. 

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Just watched Sportscene highlights and plus on iplayer. Neither program mentions the incident. I feel pretty confident and I'm sure most even handed Celtic fans must agree if Motherwell were leading 2-1 and Kelly did that the incident would consume the debate in the post match analysis.

The fact it goes by without even an acknowledgement is purely "journalists" shirking their duty. 

Hardly the most controversial thing to happen in the game considering the missed penalty and lack of a 2nd yellow card.

If the roles were reversed all we would be reading on here is how Celtic always get the big decisions which would be true if it actually were true.

Swings and roundabouts

Nah I think a player being a snide cynical arsehole trumps shite, dopey defending.

I'd add that Lamie could have walked long before the handball due to charging into Hatate was in on the edge of the box within the first 5 mins. He's a clumsy daft eejit at times but we thought it was mimising, it seems to be coming back in abundance.

Every Celtic fan (naturally), pundit, FF Manager, Journo, Bookie and fan of every other club probably had home win. If there was an score upset due to any officiating lapse, oversight of duping then it would have been scrutinised to the nth degree. The fact that Celtic did what they were expected to do but just not in the manner is why there's no furore.

You don't always get the big decisions, just mostly, Unless it's in the CL and its much more even. Scottish refs have to not give everything to avoid shouts of unabashed bias, standard bias is fine though.

20 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

The question wasn’t directed at you, it was directed at @Empty It since he seems to love putting the boot into Celtic more than he loves talking about his own team, tbf you probably fall into that category too.

Strange behaviour however let’s be honest I’m pretty sure “wee Joe” has the last laugh here, I mean how many goalkeepers in our league have been lucky enough to grace a pitch with Pirlo? He has a decent CV does Joe and one that most keepers in our league would love to have 

Oh Indeed. I'm specifically referring to the Piro penalty however, where wee Joe behaved pathetically and got totally embarrassed and deservedly so. Other keepers would no doubt have been 'Pirlo'd' as well but not behaved like an infantile wee dick in the process. And that, certainly in his home country where people give not one jot about Glasgow Celtic, is the undisputed highlight of Joey's CV. That, and shampoo ads.

I like Hart, hes improved us and hes a good leader on the pitch. I think the mix up with Juranovic probably is 50/50 and the head injury is as Kapowzer called it. Thats not something I like to see so would hope some mention is made by manager after game but it wasnt game changing.

Overall Hart has been a success at us and if his form drops we have a very good keeper ready to step up given any chance too

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Oh Indeed. I'm specifically referring to the Piro penalty however, where wee Joe behaved pathetically and got totally embarrassed and deservedly so. Other keepers would no doubt have been 'Pirlo'd' as well but not behaved like an infantile wee dick in the process. And that, certainly in his home country where people give not one jot about Glasgow Celtic, is the undisputed highlight of Joey's CV. That, and shampoo ads.

It’s not often you are right but it seems you are wrong again Kennie, not uncommon when your life is fuelled by bitterness.

If you consider Joe Hart waving his arms about trying to put the great man off before picking the ball out of his net then it wasn’t exactly infantile in the same way Craig Gordon behaved like an infantile wee dick when Edouard Pirlo’d him. This match also wasn’t in England it was in Kyiv during Euro 2012 so that’s 0 for 3 on this occasion 🤣

A bit ironic that’s it you that ends up looking a bit like a clueless arse when trying to make one of Hart however let me try help you I imagine the “infantile” behaviour you refer to is when Pirlo hit the bar from a free kick in an all together different game

As for highlights I’d hedge my bets the Aguero moment probably ranks a little higher than said Pirlo moment in fact I’d say it was head and shoulders above it

Edited by Jinky67

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Thoughts go out to the various moonhowlers on this thread at this difficult time

If this was to be used as any sort of meaningful metric, you are seriously asking us to believe that Walker, Brighitti, Carson and Hart are better keepers than Craig Gordon 🤣

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

If this was to be used as any sort of meaningful metric, you are seriously asking us to believe that Walker, Brighitti, Carson and Hart are better keepers than Craig Gordon 🤣

I never even claimed to Hart was actually better than Gordon tbh, he is better for our style of play though imo. It’s a a fair enough metric to go off that it would indicate he is one of the better goalkeepers in the league,  which some were hilariously alluding to that he isn’t. Tbh if it was on the other foot I would be probably be itching to put him down as I despised him before he came to Celtic but it’s hard to argue against things like this and just his overall contribution.

Edited by gannonball

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I never even claimed to Hart was actually better than Gordon tbh, he is better for our style of play though imo. It’s a a fair enough metric to go off that it would indicate he is one of the better goalkeepers in the league,  which some were hilariously alluding to that he isn’t. Tbh if it was on the other foot I would be probably be itching to put him down as I despised him before he came to Celtic but it’s hard to argue against things like this and just his overall contribution.

It's quite a limited stat though as you'd then need to take into account the fact that Celtic will give up fewer high quality goal scoring opportunities than the majority of teams in the league. So Hart will be facing fewer high quality shots and will be facing more speculative or long range efforts due to Celtic's dominance in the majority of matches. I'd make an educated guess that if you swapped Hart with any of the other keepers on that list then all of their save percentages would go up as a result and Hart's would go down.

I'm also not saying he is a bad keeper and never really have, I just came in here originally to laugh at him cheating.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's quite a limited stat though as you'd then need to take into account the fact that Celtic will give up fewer high quality goal scoring opportunities than the majority of teams in the league. So Hart will be facing fewer high quality shots and will be facing more speculative or long range efforts due to Celtic's dominance in the majority of matches. I'd make an educated guess that if you swapped Hart with any of the other keepers on that list then all of their save percentages would go up as a result and Hart's would go down.

I'm also not saying he is a bad keeper and never really have, I just came in here originally to laugh at him cheating.

Is your life is fuelled by bitterness too ? Maybe we could set up a support group ?

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

It is can be flawed to an extent but it’s still a decent indicator given it’s a %age. Some keepers have a very small sample size too given they have played so few games. If what you are claiming about quality of shots then why is McLaughlin so low? Like I know he’s not great but that would indicate he is far worse if that’s case. Hart may have a slight less quality of shots against him but is also arguably required to keep his concentration levels up more so one probably balances the other out a bit. No doubt there is a better xMetric now for goalkeers though but tbh when you see the gap in the supposed  same measured metric across the various sites now Im a bit sceptical of them at time.

Edited by gannonball

57 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Is your life is fuelled by bitterness too ? Maybe we could set up a support group ?

What exactly am I being bitter about here? I was making a point that those stats are limited and cannot be effectively relied upon as a sole metric of a keepers ability considering they'd have us believe that Craig Gordon was only the 5th best keeper in the league.

54 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It is can be flawed to an extent but it’s still a decent indicator given it’s a %age. Some keepers have a very small sample size too given they have played so few games. If what you are claiming about quality of shots then why is McLaughlin so low? Like I know he’s not great but that would indicate he is far worse if that’s case. Hart may have a slight less quality of shots against him but is also arguably required to keep his concentration levels up more so one probably balances the other out a bit. No doubt there is a better xMetric now for goalkeers though but tbh when you see the gap in the supposed  same measured metric across the various sites now Im a bit sceptical of them at time.

McLaughlin being so low I'd attribute to our defence being a bit of a shambles this season and not performing very well at all with McLaughlin being a large part of that. You only need to look at the match vs yourselves where I feel he should've prevented at least 2, maybe 3 of the goals you scored.

Edited by AJF

20 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

He doesn’t tend to post the volume of utter shite you do 

I mean you could at least ensure what you are posting is accurate ffs, it isn’t too much to ask surely?