Celtic v Motherwell

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I literally just said there isn’t much between him and Gordon, I think you are trying way too hard to be controversial here.

I think it's more you're doing the classic Celtic fan thing of 'Why can't you say aww our players are brilliant!'  It's a very Rangersy trait of Celtic fans.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think it's more you're doing the classic Celtic fan thing of 'Why can't you say aww our players are brilliant!'  It's a very Rangersy trait of Celtic fans.

If you just casually ignore what I actually said and create your own narrative then yeah your spot on mate.

Just seen the full highlights on Sportscene,  Hart didn't half embarrass himself, the howler for the goal, the rolling about holding his head after diving and McGregor taking a red card because he's in the middle of nowhere. Best keeper in the league though.

13 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Just seen the full highlights on Sportscene,  Hart didn't half embarrass himself, the howler for the goal, the rolling about holding his head after diving and McGregor taking a red card because he's in the middle of nowhere. Best keeper in the league though.

And yet nowhere near the most embarrassing thing to happen in the league this weekend

15 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I think it’s hard to figure out who’s really at fault for the first goal so both should really shoulder the blame. I don’t think you can blame him at all really for McGregor card, he gets told to act as a sweeper keeper and the fault is all on Hatate for me. I’m not arsed if people think he or Gordon is the best in the league as he was a decent keeper for us also. I don’t think Gordon would be able to fit in with the way we play now however, a great shot stopper but he gave me the fear playing out  under Rodgers. Trying  to get change the way a keeper plays to a more mobile/technical type when they were in their mid-30s was pretty ridiculous though. His shot stopping ability allowed us to over look that part .

Few things.

Defeat is standard. Nae hassle there.

Raging that such a class foul stopped a possible equaliser. I'd love to see a Motherwell player do something like that to save 3 points

I often find that claims such as "We should have been more comfortable", "If we'd taken our chances", "We should have made more of all the possession we had" etc. completely pointless cliched shite.

Finally. Everyone in Scotland was laughing at Joe Hart not so long ago. He's always been bang average at best. Of course he's got a gig here and is now great amongst some.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I think it’s hard to figure out who’s really at fault for the first goal so both should really shoulder the blame.

Agree, it's a case of they both should be given a bollocking. Hart should be shouting for it and essentially wiping every and anyone who gets in his way out. Juranovic (SP?) should be getting rid of that. Sure it looks clever and classy when it's pulled off but the first thing yer taught is not to pass it back to the middle of yer own goals and it's too tight in there to be fuckin aboot.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Few things.

Defeat is standard. Nae hassle there.

Raging that such a class foul stopped a possible equaliser. I'd love to see a Motherwell player do something like that to save 3 points

I often find that claims such as "We should have been more comfortable", "If we'd taken our chances", "We should have made more of all the possession we had" etc. completely pointless cliched shite.

Finally. Everyone in Scotland was laughing at Joe Hart not so long ago. He's always been bang average at best. Of course he's got a gig here and is now great amongst some.

You may think it’s cliched but it also happens to be very true in this case. This isn’t the first time where finishing has been really poor and you just can’t keep squandering chances the way we do, it will cost us especially in Europe, tbf it already has in the Shakthar game. 

The Jura free kick and Hatate hit off the post are just unlucky and on another day they go in but the Kyogo, McGregor and Abada misses in particular are poor especially considering none of these sitters actually hit the target.

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Absolutely this. He’s a player who hit his peak in around 2014, and Tbf, it was a pretty good peak but since then he was exposed at being weak when saving shots low down , especially to his left and also poor with the ball at his feet which a modern goalkeeper needs to be to make it at the top. He went from England’s number 1 and a English Premier League winner to Burnley’s number 3 in a short period of time.

Also, there was a period when he was a whipping boy and laughing stock for the Scottish media - the same Scottish media who now afford him God like status because he’s an improvement on Bain and Barkas.

He does ok for Celtic, and let’s face it after years in the doldrums he’s done well to be any teams number 1 again (fair play to him for his resilience) whilst making even more millions but spare me he’s a top class goalkeeper these days - he’s not.

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Absolutely this. He’s a player who hit his peak in around 2014, and Tbf, it was a pretty good peak but since then he was exposed at being weak when saving shots low down , especially to his left and also poor with the ball at his feet which a modern goalkeeper needs to be to make it at the top. He went from England’s number 1 and a English Premier League winner to Burnley’s number 3 in a short period of time.

Also, there was a period when he was a whipping boy and laughing stock for the Scottish media - the same Scottish media who now afford him God like status because he’s an improvement on Bain and Barkas.

He does ok for Celtic, and let’s face it after years in the doldrums he’s done well to be any teams number 1 again (fair play to him for his resilience) whilst making even more millions but spare me he’s a top class goalkeeper these days - he’s not.

I think it's also the way the English media went on about him when he was at his peak (which he wasn't that great anyway) that makes it so funny to laugh at him. He also bought into all the shite the English media said about him.

24 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I think it's also the way the English media went on about him when he was at his peak (which he wasn't that great anyway) that makes it so funny to laugh at him. He also bought into all the shite the English media said about him.

Should you really be laughing at anyone this weekend? 

11 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Should you really be laughing at anyone this weekend? 

Yes . Joe Hart. Never forget his infantile dicking about to 'unnerve' Pirlo before being contemptously 'pannenkad' like the pathetic little boy child he is. Laugh at wee Joe. Laugh at him long and laugh at him loud !

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Yes . Joe Hart. Never forget his infantile dicking about to 'unnerve' Pirlo before being contemptously 'pannenkad' like the pathetic little boy child he is. Laugh at wee Joe. Laugh at him long and laugh at him loud !

The question wasn’t directed at you, it was directed at @Empty It since he seems to love putting the boot into Celtic more than he loves talking about his own team, tbf you probably fall into that category too.

Strange behaviour however let’s be honest I’m pretty sure “wee Joe” has the last laugh here, I mean how many goalkeepers in our league have been lucky enough to grace a pitch with Pirlo? He has a decent CV does Joe and one that most keepers in our league would love to have 

Edited by Jinky67

49 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The question wasn’t directed at you, it was directed at @Empty It since he seems to love putting the boot into Celtic more than he loves talking about his own team, tbf you probably fall into that category too.

Strange behaviour however let’s be honest I’m pretty sure “wee Joe” has the last laugh here, I mean how many goalkeepers in our league have been lucky enough to grace a pitch with Pirlo? He has a decent CV does Joe and one that most keepers in our league would love to have 

Good to see you're not bothered.