Celtic v Motherwell

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Surely to f**k he doesn’t actually think Motherwell deserved anything from the game? 😳

We did not deserve anything from the game….. just like when you get humped by PSG or Barcelona despite the gulf and budget being smaller than between Motherwell and Celtic. 

You should win every game by 5 or 6 goals. The fact you don’t shows that you are a getting as much value from your squad as a chocolate teapot 🤯🤬

44 minutes ago, Eder said:

Celtic caused all their own problems today.  Missed too many chances, giving away an OG, crowd getting edgy when there was no real need and avoidable red card.

What do you mean avoidable, I thought it was the right thing to do, a goal up and someone bearing down on goal, bring him down.  There is a good chance he wouldn’t have scored but better not to take a chance.

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

We did not deserve anything from the game….. just like when you get humped by PSG or Barcelona despite the gulf and budget being smaller than between Motherwell and Celtic. 

You should win every game by 5 or 6 goals. The fact you don’t shows that you are a getting as much value from your squad as a chocolate teapot 🤯🤬

I wasn’t looking for excuses as to why tbh so you really could have stopped after the first sentence

1 hour ago, ropy said:

What do you mean avoidable, I thought it was the right thing to do, a goal up and someone bearing down on goal, bring him down.  There is a good chance he wouldn’t have scored but better not to take a chance.

It was avoidable in the sense that Hatate shouldn’t be playing that pass however he did and left McGregor with only 1 option

10 minutes ago, Empty It said:

And people on here were arguing that he's the best keeper in the league 😂

A well known poster on here, who is usually the voice of reason on most things, seems to think he is.  He’s not even in the top 5 best in the league. 

41 minutes ago, Empty It said:

And people on here were arguing that he's the best keeper in the league 😂

Aye cause big Craig Gordon never has a howler 🙄

The one against RB Salzburg is one of the worst I’ve ever seen, then you have Fenerbache….in fact yeah I’ll just stop there or this could be a long post 

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Aye cause big Craig Gordon never has a howler 🙄

The one against RB Salzburg is one of the worst I’ve ever seen, then you have Fenerbache….in fact yeah I’ll just stop there or this could be a long post 

Pointing out a keepers mistakes from 5+ years ago isn't the win you think it is. Hart is bang average at best.

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Pointing out a keepers mistakes from 5+ years ago isn't the win you think it is. Hart is bang average at best.

I don’t watch Hearts regularly so can only share my experiences of Gordon and he made a number of mistakes and notable ones, the fact I can still remember them 5+ years later should tell you the abundance of them.

But keepers make mistakes even the very very best of them but Hart has made some outstanding saves for us and has gained us many more points then he has lost us.

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t watch Hearts regularly so can only share my experiences of Gordon and he make a number of mistakes and notable ones, the fact I can still remember them 5+ years later should tell you the abundance of them.

But keepers make mistakes and Hart has made some outstanding saves for us and has gained us many more points then he has lost us.

AZ Alkmaar comes to mind.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

AZ Alkmaar comes to mind.

I doubt it came to mind without some help from google however yes mate keepers make mistakes from time to time but the fact remains Harts contribution to us has been hugely positive more often than not.There is a valid argument to suggest Jura was just as culpable for that mistake.

But crack on with the pile on i’m sure it serves necessary distraction from that embarrassing shitshow you put on yesterday.

11 hours ago, bennett said:

Thankfully Joe Hart recovered fully.

giphy.gif

That will be why he stayed on his line the whole game against us and Celtic losing crucial headers in and around the 6 yard box. 

Very flappy. Showed up well against Rangers though. In this league the 2nd easiest job should be the goalkeeper position for either OF team, with the easiest jobs being the back up keeper. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

A well known poster on here, who is usually the voice of reason on most things, seems to think he is.  He’s not even in the top 5 best in the league. 

We can all have our opinions, (I don’t think there is a great deal between Hart and Gordon tbh) but I think we can file ‘not even in the top 5’ in the moon howler category.

19 minutes ago, gannonball said:

We can all have our opinions, (I don’t think there is a great deal between Hart and Gordon tbh) but I think we can file ‘not even in the top 5’ in the moon howler category.

Thinking he’s anything other than incredibly average is in the moon howler category.  Just accept that Celtic don’t have the best player in every position and relax.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Thinking he’s anything other than incredibly average is in the moon howler category.  Just accept that Celtic don’t have the best player in every position and relax.

I literally just said there isn’t much between him and Gordon, I think you are trying way too hard to be controversial here.

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

But yet there isn’t a single keeper in the league I’d be happy to replace him with, the only one I’d have considered is the one we bought and is currently his understudy.