Hearts v Rangers

53 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Could do with one of them right now......in fact I really wanted one staggering home up Lothian Road last night.

Really fucked off that Top Kapi is no more...........

I never knew that…taxi to Musselburgh via top kapi wee hours most Saturdays back in the day!

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I never knew that…taxi to Musselburgh via top kapi wee hours most Saturdays back in the day!

Yep, been gone for ages - and even that other one along from it closer to Lothian Rd (Samsun?) is gone too.

Theres a dodgy wee one opposite Clositers pub going toward the Meadows, but it looks like botulism central..................

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Theres a dodgy wee one opposite Clositers pub going toward the Meadows, but it looks like botulism central..................

That’ll be the Turkish Doner Inn. It may be the first kebab place in Edinburgh. It’s certainly been there since the ‘70s

which suggests they must be getting something right 

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That’ll be the Turkish Doner Inn. It may be the first kebab place in Edinburgh. It’s certainly been there since the ‘70s

Whats the post code?   Could go one tomorrow. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Yep, its been on the go for decades (I used to walk home to Gilmerton from nights out via tollcross as a youngster - back then it was Topkapi, Turkish Doner or the Baked Potato shop across the road in the 1980s ! 

I went about 2 months ago and it was truly horrendous but perhaps was a one off?

Will wait for @Hoose Ricereview (fingers crossed he survives 🤪).

eta - I hear that TopKapi may be reopening at some point - result !

Edited by Leith Green

Wasn't very good, eh?

Can't say it's getting me down. Sometimes you take a scudding off the OF, and that's the way it goes.

We were always going to go up and down this season, and we just need to carry on and keep in touch with whoever is third by the break.

Busy week ahead, and I'm looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

eta - I hear that TopKapi may be reopening at some point - result !

Great news. Am tempted to give it a go for old times sake as back when I was a student that place was a staple. It was definitely kept going by pished students staggering home from a night on the lash.  Remember my pal calling me a "screaming homo" when I ordered a chicken kebab in there.  It was the 90s I suppose.......

Edited by AndyM