The McInnes Derby. Dons v Killie - 1/10/22

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

You never know, we lost 4-1 at Pittodrie earlier this season and then won 5 out of the next 6, killie could do the same.

The St Mirren game changed with a red card. 
I doubt it would’ve been 4-1if it stayed 11v11.

Killie were abject & at no time did it look in doubt, right from the first minute.

Doidge & Shaw. They’ll be lucky to get 10 goals between them. 

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Killie were abject & at no time did it look in doubt, right from the first minute.

Yes, i was being mildly sarcastic, undoubtedly by a mile Killie have the poorest squad in the league and will be relegated, despite their delusional fans still thinking top 6 is on.

Coulson was fantastic to watch, a player who looks so comfortable and confident when receiving the ball, and can make things happen. Not enough of this type of player going around these days sadly.

Duk in the same mould but still a bit raw in comparison, great to see though. Those 2 give me some hope and also really look  forward to watching them. 
Clarkson could be in the same mould, but he is influential less often at the moment although still possesses that extra quality that most in Scotland don’t have in their repertoire. 
Surprised just how crap Killie were but really enjoyed the game today. 

49 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Was Doidge playing? Seriously?

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Yes, Killie were poor but I thought we played really well. Pleasantly surprised. 

I like Coulson but I really can't see us keeping him.

And f**k knows how Hayes managed to avoid a yellow for his retribution 'tackle'.

Hayes was outstanding today 

7 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

No 26 I think?

He’s about as mobile as the no26 bus. 

I honestly never noticed him all afternoon. Also, a weird decision by Mr McInnes to put Laugherty on the bench if he had no intention of putting him on.

Had a chuckle at McInnes at the end. Told his players to go over and applaud the Killie fans, gave them a bit of a clap from near the dug out then returned the applause he received from the dons fans all the way down the touchline 🤣

Was happy to see him get a nice reception.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Who’s this killie keeper and what’s he up to? Very questionable. 

He's a great keeper according to Killie fans, based on being third choice at Boro and keeping the odd clean sheet last season against the likes of Queen of the South.

Just back from the second event of the day in ABZ. 26,000 people combined - good going.

The first one went much better than expected.

We’re an inconsistent side this season, but the nice thing about that is there are highs as well and today was one.
Good to see Watkins back in - and loved Coulson’s performance.

Expected much more from Kilmarnock - albeit Ash did get his inevitable goal. The third just before HT pretty much nailed it. They look like a hastily assembled squad though.

Did Derek and Ash merit those chants from the Paddock? I’m not so sure - but they’re big loons and will have heard it all before.

5 hours ago, Hendo said:

He's a great keeper according to Killie fans, based on being third choice at Boro and keeping the odd clean sheet last season against the likes of Queen of the South.

You are a fucking weirdo btw. 

14 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

Matty Kennedy in centre midfield worked out surprisingly well. Coulson and McCrorie were also very good. Kilmarnock continually gave away possession of the ball so cheaply. 

Kennedy gets an unfair rap imo. He was brilliant yesterday. That role suited him to a tee.

Had we played yesterdays formation/team against Hibs I think we would have given a  better account of ourselves that day.

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

Dundee United.

Straight fight this season between United and Killie for the drop, difference is af least United have some decent players. This Killie squad is at our August to December 2018 levels of shiteness.