Week 4

lichtie23

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I need to get to America for a game. The day out sounds fantastic.

It’s tremendous. I’ve been to three - Dallas at Washington, New England at Denver, and New England at NY Jets. Can’t compare it to the London games, they are great, but have the now well-known ‘32 Jerseys’ atmosphere. When you are in Mile High with 70,000 giving Tom Brady the middle finger after the chunt ran off without even shaking Brock Osweiler’s hand…. Can’t beat it. 😛🏈

8 hours ago, steelmen said:

I’m heading to the saloon for the Saints game and I’ve found the broncos Austin group so I’m off to lavaca for the bronco’s game. Just need redzone for the early games.

Props to you for actually wanting to watch the Broncos play.

The food place inside Lavaca on the north side, that you can also order from on the street, is good. Not cheap, but decent portions. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Legacy game for the Giants today. Gorgeous throwback uniforms and these cool endzones 

98C45B44-B276-4A40-88BE-13C512C47722.jpeg

No Leonard Williams, Toney, Wan'Dale Robinson or obviously Sherperd for you.

Jaylon Johnson and Montgomery both definitely out for us.

Two very evenly matched teams, with great running attacks. May be a question of which QB muddles through the best.

The doctor who cleared Tua to return to the Bills game has been fired for making numerous mistakes during the assessment. Very damning. You also have to look at the Dolphins organisation for not even getting a second opinion - they initially listed him as questionable due to a head injury but changed it to back injury midweek.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Bobby Linn’s testimonial means il miss the London game. Not overly bothered as it isn’t the best of matchups. Iv never been a fan of the London games, it fuels the numptys that want a British franchise 

Have been to the London games every year since 2010 and can’t wait to go back down for Denver @ Jacksonville. Some of the best games I’ve seen have been when the matchup didn’t initially look the best. I think the London games do nothing to fuel anything at all about a London franchise. A London franchise was never happening. With the increase from a 16 to 17 game regular season, and a rota for giving up a home game, the international series can now roll on. The expansion to games now in London, Mexico City and Munich, shows where this is heading - and it isn’t leading towards the London Jaguars, London Whatevers… thankfully. My opinion was any talk of a London franchise was complete bullshit. It p***ked the interest of non NFL fans, and made for a better soundbite than saying ‘don’t be daft, any new franchise would go to a market city in the USA, you muppets’.

Edited by pozbaird

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Legacy game for the Giants today. Gorgeous throwback uniforms and these cool endzones 

98C45B44-B276-4A40-88BE-13C512C47722.jpeg

The goalposts should be 'H' pattern and moved to the goal line, and both teams should be obliged to run nothing but Wing-T all day.

No Keenan Allen or Donald Parham for LAC today, Jamaree Salyer starting at LT, though Corey Linsley looks to be taking the start at C. I expect us to have zero pass rush without Bosa, but JC Jackson is playing.

God knows what Chargers team turns up today. If we don't get the running game going and our D doesn't get their shit together for once I could see Dameon Pierce setting a rookie rushing record and LAC being on the end of another clowning, but I've watched the Texans a couple of times so far this year and they are disappointingly bad. Chargers have no excuses for not winning because even with the injuries to critical players they are still miles ahead of this Houston team on talent. If they lose it'll be down to shitty coaching and a completely bogus D scheme again.

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The doctor who cleared Tua to return to the Bills game has been fired for making numerous mistakes during the assessment. Very damning. You also have to look at the Dolphins organisation for not even getting a second opinion - they initially listed him as questionable due to a head injury but changed it to back injury midweek.

The unaffiliated Neurological Consultant employed by NFLPA has allegedly been fired by the NFLPA prior to the conclusion of the investigation into the events. He was literally the second opinion. There is a UNC for each team at every game.  Tua also passed daily concussion protocols Mon to Thursday, as well as the in-game assessment.

I thought for sure it was a head injury v the Bills but he did hurt himself on a QB sneak in the first half where he almost got snapped in two bending backwards and was obviously shaken up after the play. 

Seems like pretty shit luck how it panned out on Thursday and I am not sure how McDaniel is getting so much flak as he simply followed the medics’ advice.

I expect the neurologist will sue the crap out of everyone for trashing him without due process being followed. Maybe he did mess up but that will come out in the wash, but there are Covid Thread levels of neurological expertise being banded about across NFL Twitter. 

Apparently Tua is ok, which is the main thing. He might well pass the concussion protocols between now and week 5 v Jets but hopefully they sit him for a week or 2 just to be safe.