Week 4

lichtie23

It's difficult to hate Melvin Gordon quite as much as Eric Weddle, because Gordon is actually a decent bloke, but his career is an embarrassment to this point. Telesco inexplicably trades up to overdraft him (a habit of TT's) ostensibly to keep him away from the Texans, the Chargers don't score a single rushing TD until week 16 of his rookie season, it takes Gordon more that 12 months as a Charger to get in the EZ, then the remainder of his contract is spent underwhelming, habitually picking up week long injuries and missing crucial games, and fumbling in absolutely back-breaking situations.

He then throws a strop because the Chargers didn't resign him on a massive deal before his rookie contract runs out. Tests FA and gets nowhere, comes back to the Chargers with his tail between his legs, they make him an 8mil per offer that even then he didn't merit, and he throws another tantrum, rejects it, acts all offended, then eventually signs a desperation contract with the Broncos for far less than LAC offered him.

Puts on a Broncos uni, and immediately picks up the underwhelming, fumbling garbage he produced in SD/LA. 

Oh, and I forgot to mention the bit where he routinely got outperformed and outproduced by a rookie FA RB, over multiple seasons, so much so that the franchise was facing a fan riot if they didn't demote him to 2nd string

Edited by Boo Khaki

10 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I didn’t mind Gordon last year and I was happy they resigned him this year, at a massive discount, but he has been very poor the last few weeks. Williams is the future and should be used a lot more.

So far this season he's looked exactly like the Melvin Gordon he was for 80% of the five entire seasons he spent as a Charger.

He'll have a month, a string of four games or so where he doesn't put the ball on the ground, tramples all over defenders, and scores a hat full of TD's, but that's invariably sandwiched between four-five game stretches of exactly what the Broncos have seen this year, and it always regresses to mean.

I remember when Gurley spent his first couple of years running riot and Gordon just looked like a bust by comparison, then Gurley started getting hurt and Gordon had a wee flurry of games where he started to look like a legit, 1st round franchise back, and Chargers fans began to think that perhaps we got the better guy after all. But that didn't last, Gurley broke down really quickly, Gordon returned to being a complete and utter let down, and it became apparent neither guy was worth their draft slot. With Gurley it was a health thing, but with Gordon it's just a combination of lacking something in every department.

I also think he has probably the worst vision and decision making I've seen in a Chargers starting back. Ryan Mathews was awful as well, but even after years in the league Gordon was still ignoring massive holes in favour of running straight at a tackler.

Edited by Boo Khaki

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Josh Jacobs loves playing the Broncos. It feels like every time we play them he looks like an All Pro.

5 in a row vs Denver. New HC, new QB, still on the mantelpiece.

Can you mibbe try no rolling over and having yer belly tickled by the Chiefs for once? :P