Week 4

lichtie23

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Anyone who consented to clearing them deserved the same scrutiny.

I just can't believe all these years of CTE research and development of sports science, and this can still be allowed to happen.

They better throw the book at whoever.  And when they finished throwing it, pick it up and throw it again.  

Let me know if you liked Austin. We’ve been once, and really enjoyed it. The BBQ restaurants were outstanding, as was the steak we had in Vince Young’s Steakhouse. Are you going down at dusk to ‘bat bridge’ to join the locals waiting for the bats to emerge from under the bridge and swoop in huge numbers around the bridge? We went down, never saw a single fcuking bat emerge from their lair, but fair enjoyed the beers and the chat with those around us. Fcuking bats. [emoji2]

This is my third all expenses paid trip. Our head office is out here so I’m out for a week of meetings and freebies. Got the longhorns game on Saturday and then a sports bar all Sunday long before a week of meetings!

Fogo da chao is my favourite so far, Brazilian meat restaurant with the red/green tokens. Tomahawks at Perry’s a close second. Just stay a million miles away from chicken fried steak. Even mouthwash couldn’t take the taste of that shit out my mouth.

We went down to the bat place but it was wrong time of year apparently.

22 minutes ago, steelmen said:

This is my third all expenses paid trip. Our head office is out here so I’m out for a week of meetings and freebies. Got the longhorns game on Saturday and then a sports bar all Sunday long before a week of meetings!

Fogo da chao is my favourite so far, Brazilian meat restaurant with the red/green tokens. Tomahawks at Perry’s a close second. Just stay a million miles away from chicken fried steak. Even mouthwash couldn’t take the taste of that shit out my mouth.

We went down to the bat place but it was wrong time of year apparently.

Sounds great. Enjoy mate 

On 29/09/2022 at 13:10, johnnydun said:

@AmericanFan lives in Austin, perhaps he could point out the best place to watch it?

@steelmen

Shoal Creek Saloon is a Saints bar if memory serves correct.

Maybe not the best sports bar in the world, but you'll be surrounded by other NO fans. The Tavern, which is about 40 yards away, is a Chiefs bar.

Rosita's Al Pastor is my go-to place for tacos, and I personally like the brisket sandwich at La BBQ, which is east of I-35.

One of my other favorite bbq places is a hole-in-the-wall in Manor, but you don't need to drive out there.

Edited by AmericanFan
more

5 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

@steelmen

Maybe not the best sports bar in the world, but you'll be surrounded by other NO fans. The Tavern, which is about 40 yards away, is a Chiefs bar.

Rosita's Al Pastor is my go-to place for tacos, and I personally like the brisket sandwich at La BBQ, which is east of I-35.

Interesting. Do American cities have bars that are specifically for separate NFL teams across the country?

I imagine that Titans bars outside of Nashville will be held in phone boxes.

13 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

@steelmen

One of my other favorite bbq places is a hole-in-the-wall in Manor, but you don't need to drive out there.

Even has a Saints helmet on it.

SCSandDaddyO-1.thumb.jpg.84dd7518b129549f2872c582c7d95179.jpg

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Interesting. Do American cities have bars that are specifically for separate NFL teams across the country?

I imagine that Titans bars outside of Nashville will be held in phone boxes.

Pretty much, and for other sports, including EPL and La Liga, as well.

Though they can change depending on how many people show up, the bar's management, broadcast ability, etc.

The Tavern used to be a FC Barcelona bar, but their fans switched to another bar due to various factors.

It's now popular for various bars to open at 6 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays for EPL supporter groups.

4 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Pretty much, and for other sports, including EPL and La Liga, as well.

Though they can change depending on how many people show up, the bar's management, broadcast ability, etc.

The Tavern used to be a FC Barcelona bar, but their fans switched to another bar due to various factors.

It's now popular for various bars to open at 6 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays for EPL supporter groups.

I look forward to visiting your cinch SPFL bar in the near future.

3 hours ago, steelmen said:

I need redzone and chicken wings. Shouldn’t be too much to ask.

Since we play Sunday night, The Tavern will have a fair amount of different games during the day, but not sure on Red Zone. Shoal Creek Saloon is more Cajun-style food, can't recall on the wings, but it'll obviously have the NO game.

Worst-case scenario you can always go to a Pluckers, which has about as chain-sports-bar-a-feel as you can get, but will have everything needed football-wise.

Since we play Sunday night, The Tavern will have a fair amount of different games during the day, but not sure on Red Zone. Shoal Creek Saloon is more Cajun-style food, can't recall on the wings, but it'll obviously have the NO game.
Worst-case scenario you can always go to a Pluckers, which has about as chain-sports-bar-a-feel as you can get, but will have everything needed football-wise.

I’m heading to the saloon for the Saints game and I’ve found the broncos Austin group so I’m off to lavaca for the bronco’s game. Just need redzone for the early games.