St Mirren v Livi

Never been noticed for huge away attendees from us.Train strike etc didn't help either.We taken less and won games.Its embarrassing but those who were there should be commended for following their team.Imo.And im just back.Well done St Mirren. [emoji122].
I never get this slagging off the guys who were there for the lack of those who didn't go. Yes it was a rotten support today but the criticism should never be directed at those who did actually make the effort.

Well, I did mention the PPV during covid that was well above what other teams charged.
And to be blunt, you charge Premiership prices but the atmosphere at your stadium is not comparable to other teams in the league.  Going to Livi games (and Hamilton when they were in the league) is just weird. You match or outnumber the home support, the place is feckin soulless and you have to play on a plastic pitch.
Like I said, I'm not having a dig at Livi fans.  Like you I just wish there were more of you.
Again...home fans paid the same for PPV. It was higher than most but the reasons behind it had merit. People had already paid for season tickets, had the ppv price undercut that then we'd probably lose a few season tickets for the next year which we can't afford to do. I too wish there were more of us too but not sure what else the club can do. The club are giving out 4000 free tickets to local schools and sports clubs next weekend and did the same a few times last season. The team are performing well and overachieved in the last few years but that success hasn't translated into a major uplift in numbers. This is the best the club has been run off the pitch and it's up there with the most consistent on the pitch but trying to entice folk away from the gruesome twosome in Glasgow or hearts and Hibs seems impossible

2 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

As most on this forum have said,Livi didn't deserve to lose that game.But fair play to the Buddies, kept going and got the 3 points.Undesrved imo.Livi again shot themselves in the foot.

I'm sorry (nah, I'm not really), but if a team dominate a game, have a penalty award, and play the last 10 - 15 minutes against 10 men, yet can't overcome the opposition, well yes, yes they do deserve to lose.

If you set out to shitfest a game but can't shitfest a result, you deserve to lose.

6 minutes ago, Drooper said:

I'm sorry (nah, I'm not really), but if a team dominate a game, have a penalty award, and play the last 10 - 15 minutes against 10 men, yet can't overcome the opposition, well yes, yes they do deserve to lose.

If you set out to shitfest a game but can't shitfest a result, you deserve to lose.

The strange thing was, when Livi equalised their reaction and body language suggested they thought they could win it, yet the next 5 minutes was entirely dominated by Saints culminating in the winning goal.

I’ve said it before it’s not a good look having a go at fans who actually make the effort to go out and support their team. 
Livingston have never had more than a few hundred traveling fans at our ground. So in that respect it’s a bit silly having a go at them when we’re in the midst of the worst cost of living crisis in a generation.

One of the highlights for me was the reaction from Martindale when we scored our second. It was pure gold. The behaviour of his backroom staff not to mention Devlin was pathetic. 

Great 3 points but our squad will be tested with injury and suspension. 

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Don't think I've seen as undeserved a win as today.... disgusting defending for both goals

Undeserved?

I must have missed all the saves that you forced Carson to make.

As we've seen from a few opponents this season, possession without actually creating chances results in the square root of f**k all.

Enjoy your evening, because I certainly will.;)

That was a great win. Not a classic, but the fact we took it to Livi physically and out-shitfested the ultimate shitfesters was glorious. The first goal was clever, line up for the long throw and the Livi defenders, who already know the ref is giving nothing against them under any circumstances, are wandering around grabbing shirts completely oblivious, letting one of the smallest players on the pitch to ghost in. The second was just pure grit from Greive. He knows the guy will be all over him, he knows the ref is going to give him nothing, but he overpowers him and makes it happen.

Last season we would have lost that game.

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Ultimate Shitfesters :D f**k sake. St Johnstone are probably the worst for roughhousing and diving. St Mirren fans just enjoy booing whatever they can

No, they really aren’t. Livingston and Billy Reid’s Hamilton Accies sides are/were streets ahead of St Johnstone in the shitfest stakes. Fortunately, one plastic pitch shitfest outfit are no longer making my eyes bleed in the top flight. One down, one to go. Hopefully.

Just my opinion, and I fully admit that we aren’t Brazil 1970 ourselves, but at least we make a fcuking effort.

Edited by pozbaird

6 hours ago, ford prefect said:

Always a pleasure to beat Livingston. A team who remind me of Alex McDonald's hearts from the 80s. A shower of dirty cheats.

Riding on that moral high horse you'll need to take pleasure each time St Mirren are beaten too.

Fouls: 

Spoiler

a.jpg.69624e73bca7cecc08fed97bf3d66936.jpg

Yellows:

Spoiler

b.jpg.617af0e059a786845c66f73d037679c5.jpg

Reds:

Spoiler

c.jpg.2ec81cc90dc30718f5ed5a09c2fd83af.jpg

Well, the schoolboy Ref gave us three yellows today.  One was harsh and the other two were just a joke.  As for fouls.  The number of dives you got fouls for today was ridiculous.

Shithousery is your thing.  Embrace it.

About the shite playing style thing that some St Mirren fans have commented here, it'll appear that way from Livi with matches at St Mirren Park. Livi do best against sides who use a more possession-based style. Examples are Dundee Utd, Hibs, or Aberdeen last season. That allows Livi to defend high with an aggressive press, something the midfield of Pittman, Omeonga and Holt are excellent at. St Mirren use a more direct, faster build up, and can also use a longer pass to bypass your midfield press and leave your defence isolated against their strikers. Therefore, a "low block" gets used instead by Martindale to try and deal with that. There's also that this St Mirren team are very good. It's the solid base Goodwin created with a cutting edge now added by Robinson. They just beat Celtic. Expecting to turn up and play them off the park wouldn't have been wise. Another factor will've been that Robinson's Motherwell walloped us most times they played us and Martindale will remember that.