St Mirren v Livi

Forgot to mention the stewards outside closing the gates on us as we left the ground, trying to keep all 200 of us from causing a riot with the St Mirren fans leaving at the same time, only for us all to walk around the side of the gates over the deflated tarp thingy, that at least made me laugh when my face was tripping me after losing the game.

17 hours ago, pozbaird said:

No, they really aren’t. Livingston and Billy Reid’s Hamilton Accies sides are/were streets ahead of St Johnstone in the shitfest stakes. Fortunately, one plastic pitch shitfest outfit are no longer making my eyes bleed in the top flight. One down, one to go. Hopefully.

Just my opinion, and I fully admit that we aren’t Brazil 1970 ourselves, but at least we make a fcuking effort.

I don't think Livi are in the same league Hamilton for shithousing....   But then I missed yesterday's game. Crap though it was by all accounts, I still wish I had been able to make it. 

1 minute ago, Insaintee said:

I don't think Livi are in the same league Hamilton for shithousing....   But then I missed yesterday's game. Crap though it was by all accounts, I still wish I had been able to make it. 

First half was utter crap from both teams. Second half was far more eventful. A good goal from us, a sending off, a missed penalty, an equaliser, a great free kick tipped over, and a 90th minute winner?

Just my opinion, but if anyone rates that second half as being ‘utter crap’, then there’s only one conclusion - they’re a Livingston fan.

4 hours ago, Insaintee said:

No disrespect to Accies, brilliant job being in the top flight for what, 7 seasons? However most of those, if not all, were down the bottom of the table fighting to stay up, which imo makes them far better than us at shithousing games, esp in a relegation scrap to stay up. 

Yeah great game for St Mirren fans to have been at, just for the last 20 mins, which was pretty eventful, and who doesn't love a last minute winner, when it's your team winning.

On 02/10/2022 at 14:26, LIVIFOREVER said:

I know how they felt, made the same arse of myself when we scored, jumping about like a maniac, and was totally deflated when you got the winner at the death.

That’s what’s it all about, you go a bit mad when you equalise late in a game, or in our case with a last minute winner. No harm done as you take the good with the bad.

Well done St Mirren. You did well to get the win with 10 men. I think that St Mirren team will surprise a few sides this season. I think they'll get a top 6 place along with us. One of Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts will miss out and the tears will be glorious. 

24 minutes ago, spiggle said:

Well done St Mirren. You did well to get the win with 10 men. I think that St Mirren team will surprise a few sides this season. I think they'll get a top 6 place along with us. One of Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts will miss out and the tears will be glorious. 

I hope it's Aberdeen. Can't see Hearts finishing outside top 3. But, speaking personally, to finish above Aberdeen again after Goodwin's departure would be hilarious.

Going to be tough for us getting top 6 this season, Aberdeen look better than last season, and although we usually get the better of Hibs in head to heads, with Boyle back in their team they'll get goals and be up there. As St Mirren have shown in their last 6 games, winning 5 of them, they're well up for it this season too, and can't see Hearts dropping out, being in Europe and having injuries piling up had hampered them but they're still up there, once things clear up they'll prob be the best of the rest again.

Motherwell and St Johnstone are biting at our heels too, lots of competition for those top 6 spots.

I'd say Livi look like a team that finishes 7-9th. Decent attacking options (I think we've only failed to score in two games), but defensively not that sound. I'd imagine other teams like Aberdeen and Hibs, plus St Mirren who have more firepower will be up there, leaving us in a similar situation to St Johnstone and Motherwell.

The great unknown will be the impact of the World Cup mid-season, especially when it impacts teams maybe more unfamiliar with balancing international duties and domestic leagues

25 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'd say Livi look like a team that finishes 7-9th. Decent attacking options (I think we've only failed to score in two games), but defensively not that sound. I'd imagine other teams like Aberdeen and Hibs, plus St Mirren who have more firepower will be up there, leaving us in a similar situation to St Johnstone and Motherwell.

The great unknown will be the impact of the World Cup mid-season, especially when it impacts teams maybe more unfamiliar with balancing international duties and domestic leagues

Yeah i suppose our top 6 chances will be dependent on Anderson staying injury free the rest of the season, and us continuing our habit of hitting a purple patch around Dec-Jan. Everyone outside the erse cheeks will hit bad spells too right enough, so there will be a lot of ups and downs.