St Mirren v Livi

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Div needs to think before he Tweets. Some very poor stuff from him today.

Aye, I think the original tweet is poor but he seems to have now doubled down despite others pointing out the price, travel issues and cost of living to the point where he's claiming Paisley is 40 minutes away and Livi usually bring 400!

To win that game with ten men against the ultimate shitfesting outfit, while playing nowhere near the levels we’re capable off was just glorious. 
Livingston are what they are and they’ve been very successful for a number of years. So spare me the fucking sob stories about how we didn’t deserve the 3 points.

They get away with some of amount of dirty snide wee pulls and fouls off the ball, that the referees seem to miss out on.

So suck it guys and GIRUY.

12 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
23 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:
Lot of stick for Cptn Hooch but as a Livi fan he is much more of an expert on undeserved wins than any of the Saints posters. So, I think we should respect his expertise.
One thing I would say though, if you are going to turn every game into a sh*tfest then the goals are likely to be scrappy.

All I said was it was an undeserved win...many st mirren fans seem to agree. My point about disgusting defending is true also...1st goal is a free header and the second the scorer is allowed to trap the ball and turn too easy.

I was agreeing with you. 

All I said was that if you go out with the intent to make the game scrappy then any goals scored are likely to be scrappy.

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Div needs to think before he Tweets. Some very poor stuff from him today.

Could you or someone link the tweet here please as I'm clueless with Twitter. Don't bother if its a hassle, though. Also, I'm just wanting to read it, I'm not going to derail this thread into a big argument about it.

3 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Could you or someone link the tweet here please as I'm clueless with Twitter. Don't bother if its a hassle, though. Also, I'm just wanting to read it, I'm not going to derail this thread into a big argument about it.

That was a fairly awful game. It was pretty turgid, high ball, set piece football and if it finished 0-0 I wouldn’t have been shocked. 

The first 2 goals were nice finishes. The cross and finish from Livi was great and they looked a lot better with Anderson on the pitch. The penalty from Kelly was hilarious, one of the worst misses I’ve seen!

Great work from Saints at the end to keep going and win it late with 10 men. Robinson has had his critics but he made us hard to beat and getting results now. 

I can honestly see both sides of this.  Div's tweet could have been better worded, but he had a point.  However, some see it as blaming actual Livi fans who go to the games who understandably reacted to what he said.

What I would say, and this is not an attack on the folk who follow Livi week in week out, is that if your club only exists because of the money you make from opposing fans then you have a problem.

Also, the way Livi absolutely bleed away fans ( The PPV price during Covid was a case in point) does leave a sour taste among fans of other teams.

I honestly can't see a solution though. Livi are staying afloat the only way they can.  It's not pretty, it's annoying at times but what else can they do? 

I can honestly see both sides of this.  Div's tweet could have been better worded, but he had a point.  However, some see it as blaming actual Livi fans who go to the games who understandably reacted to what he said.
What I would say, and this is not an attack on the folk who follow Livi week in week out, is that if your club only exists because of the money you make from opposing fans then you have a problem.
Also, the way Livi absolutely bleed away fans ( The PPV price during Covid was a case in point) does leave a sour taste among fans of other teams.
I honestly can't see a solution though. Livi are staying afloat the only way they can.  It's not pretty, it's annoying at times but what else can they do? 
I don't get where this "bleeding away fans" comes from. The prices are the same for home and away single tickets.

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
7 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

I don't get where this "bleeding away fans" comes from. The prices are the same for home and away single tickets.

Well, I did mention the PPV during covid that was well above what other teams charged.

And to be blunt, you charge Premiership prices but the atmosphere at your stadium is not comparable to other teams in the league.  Going to Livi games (and Hamilton when they were in the league) is just weird. You match or outnumber the home support, the place is feckin soulless and you have to play on a plastic pitch.

Like I said, I'm not having a dig at Livi fans.  Like you I just wish there were more of you.

6 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

As much as I agree with most of this, none of the fans there today or any other games are involved in setting PPV prices, and crowdwanking posts like Div's is a different debate to how Scottish Football clubs value and treat fans both home and away 

I also don't think Livi are alone in capitalising on their place in the top division, most clubs increase PATG prices when promoted. "if your club only exists because of the money you make from opposing fans then you have a problem" is a stretch. I'd imagine with the this board and staff we'd be fine if we drop down, it's more a chance to gain money to develop the club in terms of squad and off the field quickly while the attendance lags behind. Attendances have improved, but certainly not enough to sustain a mid-table side alone. 

16 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

As much as I agree with most of this, none of the fans there today or any other games are involved in setting PPV prices, and crowdwanking posts like Div's is a different debate to how Scottish Football clubs value and treat fans both home and away 

I also don't think Livi are alone in capitalising on their place in the top division, most clubs increase PATG prices when promoted. "if your club only exists because of the money you make from opposing fans then you have a problem" is a stretch. I'd imagine with the this board and staff we'd be fine if we drop down, it's more a chance to gain money to develop the club in terms of squad and off the field quickly while the attendance lags behind. Attendances have improved, but certainly not enough to sustain a mid-table side alone. 

It's not a stretch when over a season the majority of your gate money comes from opposing fans.  Scottish Premiership clubs are among the most reliant on gate money.  I'm sure Livingston would survive in the Championship but your survival in the Premiership is, greater than any other club in the league, based on away fans cash. 

I agree that's not the fault of Livi fans but it's still true.

At one point this afternoon for about 5 minutes, some football was played and then we scored our second. 
As others have said that game was awful to watch and it was a real surprise that both teams managed to score. 
Anyway, onwards to Ibrox for the battle for the second champions league place