St Mirren v Livi

Great result for us, and thank fcuk I don’t spend money every week watching that shite in amber from West Lothian. A football team who try to win football matches by not playing any football. 

With only ten men too, and an ex-Saint fcuking up a penalty. Delicious.

6 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

Poor game, 2 sides full of poor passing,If St.Mirren can play as bad as that and still take the 3 points shows how bad Livi were.Plenty effort from certain  Livi players, but too many stray balls
You could see Livi were struggling up front, Martindale done nothing about it ,just excepted it until ST.Mirren scored why?? was he playing for a 0-0.  All in all Livi probably deserved nothing from this game,too sloppy,to many players of the boil and poor decision making by Martindale....Play for a draw and you usually end up with a defeat..

George  6/10
Devlin  6/10
Obileye 4/10
Kelly   1/10  Never liked him as a player, useless ...          
Bahamboula  5/10  Has skill, but drifts out games too easily 
Oméonga    5/10  plenty of effort,no final product
Pittman    6/10  Good work rate,needs to concentrate more with the ball
Holt       5/10  Played OK,good workrate
Penrice    4/10  didn't do enough
Nouble     2/10  Off the boil,looks sluggish  and burnt out
Guthrie    2/10  Done nothing can't see him scoring  many

Shinnie   ----  Never going to score
Anderson ----  Couple of chances done well
Kelly          Never really noticed him

Awe f**k here we go again.What happened to his quotes after the Kilmarnock game.Conspicious by his absence until Livi lose.Really try not to observe this cretins analysis of a game he obviously didn't watch. Fisherman of the highest order.Or should I say Ravi Shanker. Just go away.

A draw would've been fair but brilliant fight from us to get the win at the death. Thought Tanser was our best player, after a few poor performances (likely due to being still injured) but on the whole, the defence was very good again.

Some save by big Jonah! 🙌🏻

Appreciate it's early in the season, but it's results like this that'll see St Mirren finish 6th or above, and us finish 7-9th. 

As much as we can give anyone a game when we've got a best XI, or a curveball tactic, it's pretty clear we're reliant on Fitzwater and Anderson at each end of the pitch. It also looks like nobody is stepping up to replace Forrest's goal contribution from last year.

Livvy are horrible to play against, such a big strong physical team and not much between the teams, probably the best team we have played this year and they had our number for most of the game without really creating any chances.

delighted with the win, Grieve and Flynn made the difference, Grieve is a brilliant player to have coming off the bench, he will get his chance next week with the injuries and suspensions we have, he’s still young and raw but has a fantastic eye for goal. 

european football has to be the aim this season, I suspect we will lose Baccus and Strain at the end of the season

Lot of stick for Cptn Hooch but as a Livi fan he is much more of an expert on undeserved wins than any of the Saints posters. So, I think we should respect his expertise.

One thing I would say though, if you are going to turn every game into a sh*tfest then the goals are likely to be scrappy.

Edited by Dagdagh

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair, that away support is equal to something like 20-30% of our home support. Proportionally it checks out just fine, the same as any other club. The guy running the twitter has had a total heads gone moment, outing himself with some proper Tory comments :D 

St Mirren well worth their win today, we collapsed against 10 men and should've taken a draw. If you can't bury a penalty then what chance have you got.

Apologies Atlis.But St Mirren well worth their win.Your having a laugh mate.First half,Bahamboula great chance to put us ahead.Then Pitts one on one should have buried that chance.The pen miss in the second half was an absolute howler from Kelly who shouldn't have taken it in the first place imo.Good goal from Bruce to get us back in it.But to say St Mirren well worth their win.Sorry bud,il disagree and so do many Saints fans.Il leave it there.Sportcene tonight will confirm.

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

Loved that. Clinical from Saints as I can’t recall many, if any, other shots on target. Thank god the second half fair picked up. Livi flattered to deceive, had a lot of the ball without making Carson do anything but still never deserved to lose that game. Pleasing to win that kind of game especially when we were rotten compared to previous weeks. 

Ayunga will be a big miss for next week, which is a shame. Hopefully Main is back, think Robinson’s mind will be made up to go with Kiltie and a proper striker now. Strain likewise be a big miss if he is out even longer. 

Strain coming on was the one annoyance for me today. He should have been nowhere near the side.

He was stretching the injury out before he came on.

Lot of stick for Cptn Hooch but as a Livi fan he is much more of an expert on undeserved wins than any of the Saints posters. So, I think we should respect his expertise.
One thing I would say though, if you are going to turn every game into a sh*tfest then the goals are likely to be scrappy.
All I said was it was an undeserved win...many st mirren fans seem to agree. My point about disgusting defending is true also...1st goal is a free header and the second the scorer is allowed to trap the ball and turn too easy.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Apart from their goal, did Livingstone have any other attempts on target? Carson had to tip over a cross in the first half but I can't recall him having any other saves to make.

Pittman in the first half? Interesting that St Mirren has 10 shots - 3 on target, and Livi 8 shots - 3 on target. Just shows these are incredibly tight games where you can't afford to not take chances and expect points

9 minutes ago, MarreZ said:

Also worth noting, a cracking home support, nearly 5500, the fans are coming back with the teams improved performance 

Wouldn't normally comment on this.But I'm so envious of yous.20 years ago we had over 5500 season ticket holders.Now were lucky to halve app 1300 and we are still in the Premier League. Imo Paisley despite being on the other side of the arsecheeks has better drawing power than the people of West Lothian.There is still some among us despite being half way between Glasgow and Edinburgh who still follow our wee team home and away as it was today. Old Firm Hearts Hibs Poss Aberdeen my stadium has approx 10000.Of which poss 2000 Livi fans turn up.Its fechin depressing but I'm one of them.So 5500 for the Saints imo well done.👏.

52 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

To be fair, most Livi fans seem to be pointing the blame at our own defending late in matches and refusal to take our chances, an issue from last season.

The biggest heads-gone, inexplicably, seems to be Div vs the Livi away crowd on Twitter

Div needs to think before he Tweets. Some very poor stuff from him today.