Kelty Hearts v The Diamonds

Felt Airdrie started the game better and we looked quite nervy but once we settled n stopped hoofing the ball to nowhere it was a much improved performance from us and well deserved victory 

How you guys must long for the Kenny Black , John Martin , Owen Coyle Andy Smith days again

Are you full time as well ?? 

31 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Felt Airdrie started the game better and we looked quite nervy but once we settled n stopped hoofing the ball to nowhere it was a much improved performance from us and well deserved victory 

How you guys must long for the Kenny Black , John Martin , Owen Coyle Andy Smith days again

Other than Gallagher I think everyone who played today is full-time. 

Really poor performance. I thought we started the better team without creating any clear chances but seemed to fall out of it after the game was stopped for a couple of minutes about 20 minutes in. After that Kelty were the better team and they controlled the second half. 

I thought we were far too soft today. There seemed to be plenty of times, the goal included, where Kelty players managed to run off ours without a strong challenge. The gameplan of long balls over the top, all of which landed on Jordan Forster’s head, wasn’t exactly ideal either.

24 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

We are, but we seem to have recruited a number of spineless spice boys this year that flatter to deceive and don’t like a challenge.

Failings in the team today all too obvious. No one brave enough, bar perhaps Frizz & Ballantyne, to take the game on and drive up the pitch. Passing was either all square or a hoof up the pitch. Deveney & Henderson at fault for the goal, the former shrugged off the ball and the latter committing himself far too early leaving an open goal albeit from a tight angle. Find it mental we sent Murray Johnson back for this ‘keeper.

At the start of the season Rhys was very vocal in wanting “brave players that can take it on the half turn”. We don’t have that. We don’t have any invention and it’s all very slow, turgid and one dimensional. As a defence it must be so easy to sit in and watch us play in front of a low-ish back line.

And as for Lewis Jamieson, every defender in the league must now know his only trick is to cut onto his left foot and scuff an attempt at a shot.

Fair play to Kelty. They totally deserved the three points. Another occasion where a team is simply more “street smart” and up for it than we are. Also a really nice wee ground as well, glad to have ticked it off the list. Didn’t manage to sample a pie but I’m sure there will be other chances to visit.

3 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Lewis Jamieson must be one of the most frustrating and infuriating players to watch I've ever seen.

He is a complete passenger off the ball and a one trick pony on the ball, but even that trick has yet to really result in anything. He is good at standing around with his arms out blaming other people though. He seems quite highly rated by most fans but I'm not convinced by him at all yet.

On 28/09/2022 at 15:11, Chapelhall chap said:

It's a narrow away win for me just to set up for another hard game at Montrose. Definitely need Friz and Kelty will be a hard challenge. 

Boy did I get the first bit wrong and the second proved too true. 

Hard to see any positives after the first twenty minutes. Can't see why Telfer and McCabe are doing in those areas, where it's so slow and no width created

As to starting the front line with no Gallagher again, suggest that something is not quite right. 

Fair play to Kelty who won all the possession scraps and should have been ahead with that Austin lob. The disallowed goal was a foul but we got away with a real penalty challenge from those stupid pass backs.

The 2nd half was all Kelty and once more we failed to match their subs refreshing. Quite what Devenny and Watson have done to be "rested" is a mystery and more so when we lost that goal. 

So dissatisfied at losing to the two promoted sides. Feel there's a wee touch of arrogance about Rhys in playing brave football but not battling to achieve it.

Fordyce looking half the player recently and a few ghosts in the lineup who deserve a rest.

Still a win at Montrose takes us top and 17 points in first quarter would be great. I will report back on how I see it on Tuesday!

3 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

Absolutely shite, we were never in the game.

Not according to our manager who reckons we had enough possession and chances to win the match. This Chemical Ali style statement is up there with the kind of pish the Falkirk fans had to endure last season from their management teams and is as concerning as the performance itself.

1 hour ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Find it mental we sent Murray Johnson back for this ‘keeper.

We didn't though. We'd already signed Henderson as our back up and had been waiting weeks for his international clearance which allowed us to bring Johnson in on emergency loan. As soon as the clearance came through we had 2 signed fit keepers and therefore no longer an emergency. We could possibly have taken him on a proper loan but it seems that the management didn't want to use up their allocation of loans in anticipation of all the ones which were signed yesterday. 

29 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

We could possibly have taken him on a proper loan but it seems that the management didn't want to use up their allocation of loans in anticipation of all the ones which were signed yesterday. 

Aye what a difference they made today. Some players.

And we still don’t have home strips yet.

We all see different things in a game and the thing I noticed most about Airdrie was their lack of fight, especially in the second half. They did make a bright start to the game and I thought that it was only a matter of time before they scored, but a mix of too many passes around the box and poor finishing prevented that. However, overall you must have been doing something right to have been second top at kick-off time, so maybe it was just a bad day at the office yesterday?

We all see different things in a game and the thing I noticed most about Airdrie was their lack of fight, especially in the second half. They did make a bright start to the game and I thought that it was only a matter of time before they scored, but a mix of too many passes around the box and poor finishing prevented that. However, overall you must have been doing something right to have been second top at kick-off time, so maybe it was just a bad day at the office yesterday?

Would probably put it down to tactics and the team line up being wrong. Already explained most of the points on the Airdrie thread already. We are only two points off the top and I am hoping it's just a bad day at the office. Although we have had some fantastic results against Falkirk and Clyde. Our performances haven't been any where near as good as the run we went on last season. Clyde were in the game for 60 minutes against us and Falkirk were much the better team in the first half. Dunfermline we were lucky to get a point. Not sure if it was a lack of fight, we did miss Justin Devenney in midfield as he's the main one who gets stuck in and wins the ball.

5 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Would probably put it down to tactics and the team line up being wrong. Already explained most of the points on the Airdrie thread already. We are only two points off the top and I am hoping it's just a bad day at the office. Although we have had some fantastic results against Falkirk and Clyde. Our performances haven't been any where near as good as the run we went on last season. Clyde were in the game for 60 minutes against us and Falkirk were much the better team in the first half. Dunfermline we were lucky to get a point. Not sure if it was a lack of fight, we did miss Justin Devenney in midfield as he's the main one who gets stuck in and wins the ball.

You've also just come up against Kelty who are now ready for League 1. Sounds odd but when Kevin Thomson left the club it was at a time when there wasn't enough of it for the manager to recruit the players needed to survive in League 1. It's only been in the last couple of weeks that the recruitment was completed, and it's now a different Kelty to what it was at the start of the season. I think their performance yesterday suggested that they could manage a mid-table place come the end of the season.

You've also just come up against Kelty who are now ready for League 1. Sounds odd but when Kevin Thomson left the club it was at a time when there wasn't enough of it for the manager to recruit the players needed to survive in League 1. It's only been in the last couple of weeks that the recruitment was completed, and it's now a different Kelty to what it was at the start of the season. I think their performance yesterday suggested that they could manage a mid-table place come the end of the season.

Yeah I definitely agree, I don't think you've got enough to be able to make the promotion play offs, but I think you'll finish around 6th I think.

From our perspective, if we want to be winning the league or go for promotion, got to be winning these games.

I thought you defended very well, both centre half's, Jordan Foster especially strolled it. It's a very strange League so imagine Kelty will still have their ups and downs. Based on what I've seen I think Clyde and Peterhead will be in trouble.

2 hours ago, Robert Forbes said:

I think  manager and Fordyce need to be focusing on their own game, they are not good enough to try and look after younger players like the keeper, we need them fully focused to get the best of their playing side, just my opinion, 

The one consistent factor this season whether we have won or lost is the failure to convert chances. This is the one worrying factor for me and the one deciding factor which I believe will dictate our position at the end of the season. Wasn't at the game yesterday but by all accounts we were lacking fight in the midfield area. I mentioned this after the Alloa game and it looks as though it is something that needs adressed very quickly.

As for kelty, I think that they are looking at a top four finish with the quality they have in the squad. They will also use that tight pitch to their advantage and play accordingly, unlike us.

Meant to say that was another ticked new League venue, and I quite enjoyed sharing a good old stanchion with  Kelty fans of a similar demographic. We agreed to differ on the "penalty" call in second half.  The view was quite good at the area outside the main stand as it was higher up, although I did not enjoy the result. I think they will out perform Clyde over the season.

11 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Yeah I definitely agree, I don't think you've got enough to be able to make the promotion play offs, but I think you'll finish around 6th I think.

From our perspective, if we want to be winning the league or go for promotion, got to be winning these games.

I thought you defended very well, both centre half's, Jordan Foster especially strolled it. It's a very strange League so imagine Kelty will still have their ups and downs. Based on what I've seen I think Clyde and Peterhead will be in trouble.

I think most Kelty fans would be happy with 6th. Their latter seasons in the Juniors and the seasons in the Seniors up to and including last season, the club had expectations of winning the particular league that they were in, and that they generally achieved. However, all at the club probably realise that League 1 is getting towards their level, and I would be happy if they could establish themselves in that league.

On another subject, I thought that the attendance was higher than 574, it looked closer to 700 but I could be entirely wrong, not for the first time at that!