Kelty Hearts v The Diamonds

A new ground for me as well so looking forward to it, when you’ve been stuck in League One for this long anything new is welcomed. Any tips on the best places to park?

I suspect we’ll go back to the team that scudded Clyde a couple of weeks ago, perhaps with a defensive reshuffle with Ballantyne coming back in for ATS or Deveney. I’d like to see McCabe back in from the start too but I reckon he might keep himself on the bench again. 

Kelty have had a poor start and this is a game we should be looking to win if we want to challenge, though it’s worth noting that oddly Kelty’s only points so far have came against Dunfermline and Falkirk. They certainly have plenty of good players for this level who can cause problems but if we turn up and play close to our best I fancy us to take all three points.

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Biggest game of the season so far for Airdrie with Dunfermline seemingly having a straightforward task at home to Peterhead. A visit to Montrose beckons next Tuesday where we could go top of the league or be desperate for a result to stay in touch! 

me personally, I've always got a nagging doubt in the back of my mind, I'm just waiting on it all unravelling in spectacular fashion.  The Kelty game is must win for me anyway even at this early stage, I just think another defeat (3 in 4) would start a wee spiral.

More than happy to be proven wrong though.

41 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

me personally, I've always got a nagging doubt in the back of my mind, I'm just waiting on it all unravelling in spectacular fashion.  The Kelty game is must win for me anyway even at this early stage, I just think another defeat (3 in 4) would start a wee spiral.

More than happy to be proven wrong though.

Kelty have had a disappointing start but their squad looks decent and much better than Clyde or Peterhead.

I'm a bit more optimistic but we need to keep Frizzell and Smith injury free and in form as they are absolutely key to our season.

8 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Kelty have had a disappointing start but their squad looks decent and much better than Clyde or Peterhead.

I'm a bit more optimistic but we need to keep Frizzell and Smith injury free and in form as they are absolutely key to our season.

Kelty's poor start to the season was due mainly to the new manager not having enough time to recruit the players needed to compete at League 1. This has now been remedied and things have been looking a bit better recently so I think Airdrie will have a tough game on Saturday.

Interesting that Kelty have taken points off The Pars and Falkirk already this season and haven't done so well against the so called poorer teams. Potter certainly had them well organised and up for the Fife Derby, so I wonder if playing another big hitter and I'm front of a decent crowd will help Kelty this time round?

Feel that we are kinda in must win territory with this one, don't really fancy having to get 3 points against Montrose on a Tuesday night. Would bite your hand off for 4/6 points in the next two games.

Kelty have pulled off a couple of big results but played poor against the lesser teams of the division. Did put in my prediction a 1-1 draw but I've been absolutely atrocious in the predictions league so hopefully a narrow Airdrie win.

49 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Forgive the ignorance folks whats the situation with away fans. Taking the wee boy today and just wanted to make sure there was cover with the weather being a tad wet. Is it terracing for away fans I couldn’t see online 

Plenty cover either in the stand or the covered enclosures on the other side.