Amateur Football Reconstruction

Crazy Feet

6 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

I don't think amlgamating all of the league solves anything. The biggest issue nowadays is a higher percentage of players don't want to give up their full Saturday Afternoon every single week to play amateur football.

Times have changed and there isn't the same number of players coming through the ranks who have football on a Saturday Afternoon as their Number 1 priority anymore. There is a reason the Saturday Morning League is prospering and getting stronger every year but the top afternoon leagues are going the opposite way.

These amalgamations are just shuffling the deck on the Titanic imo.

yes i totally agree the times have changed thats why a almagamation is a way forward as the saying goes "we are all singing from the same hymn sheet " we have to form a pyramid system within the saturday afternoon leagues that allows teams to find there own level and within that system and we then move forward with a regionalized divisions outwith the premier set up 

I do agree saturday afternoon is heading the way of the Titanic but surely we must do something rather than the current arrangement 

On 01/06/2023 at 14:33, Amateur Fan said:

yes i totally agree the times have changed thats why a almagamation is a way forward as the saying goes "we are all singing from the same hymn sheet " we have to form a pyramid system within the saturday afternoon leagues that allows teams to find there own level and within that system and we then move forward with a regionalized divisions outwith the premier set up 

I do agree saturday afternoon is heading the way of the Titanic but surely we must do something rather than the current arrangement 

The country is too vast for a pyramid at amateur. Anyone willing to travel for hours for a game these days have jumped to Eos or WOS leagues to pick up a wage. That’s adding to the decline for me. I much prefer less travel for games and don’t have boys paying money for being away for 6 hours on a Saturday as the desire isn’t what it was for that.  Local games always draw better crowds and interest for me too. 

16 hours ago, Gazzah said:

The country is too vast for a pyramid at amateur. Anyone willing to travel for hours for a game these days have jumped to Eos or WOS leagues to pick up a wage. That’s adding to the decline for me. I much prefer less travel for games and don’t have boys paying money for being away for 6 hours on a Saturday as the desire isn’t what it was for that.  Local games always draw better crowds and interest for me too. 

I'm pretty sure @Amateur Fan means connecting up the leagues in the west central belt into a system with multiple divisions, and not a nationwide amateur league. 

You have the WOS Fourth Division which is semi-amateur with the ex-amateur clubs and grounds which are not as developed as the rest of the league.

Below that should be an amateur league covering Glasgow and the west, then divisions below which can be split regionally.

Did we not end up with 3 amateur leagues at the same level in the same area because teams in Wishaw n that got bored of playing all the other very local teams all the time? Suppose there is less than half of the “ very local” teams still running, so it wouldn’t be as bad throwing everyone in the same setup and dividing them on merit alone now

2 hours ago, Basile Boli said:

Heard from a good source the  Central league will be running a 19’s league next season. Knew that wouldn’t take long. Unsure of details at this stage 

Tweet from Glasgow Athletic 2005s: Looking forward to attending the

meeting at Hampden tomorrow re the new 19s league for next season. Any other 19s going? or would like info on the times etc please DM and I’ll pass them on.

4 minutes ago, ThePlayer said:

St Pats applied for the WOSFL?

Saw it on Facebook saying they have. How many teams is that from the central premier that started this season won’t be there next year ? Including the teams that folded.

4 hours ago, ThePlayer said:

St Pats applied for the WOSFL?

Might have been on here that I read it actually, but I saw somebody say their 2nd team will fill the void left by the 1sts leaving in the Central.

Another good side lost from the amateur game.

You can see the lineup for the new Scottish Premier AFA here: https://scottishpremierafa.leaguerepublic.com/fg/1_890462462.html

13 team Premier (10 from Central Scottish, 3 from Scottish AFL)

16 team First (4 from Central Scottish, 10 from Scottish AFL, BSC Glasgow and Hamilton Bohemians join)

6 teams gone (Drumchapel & Dunipace to Caley, Third Lanark & Glynhill Moorcraft to Saturday Morning, Garrowhill Thistle to Greater Glasgow, not sure about Holytown Colts).

Edited by stanley

6 hours ago, stanley said:

You can see the lineup for the new Scottish Premier AFA here: https://scottishpremierafa.leaguerepublic.com/fg/1_890462462.html

13 team Premier (10 from Central Scottish, 3 from Scottish AFL)

16 team First (4 from Central Scottish, 10 from Scottish AFL, BSC Glasgow and Hamilton Bohemians join)

6 teams gone (Drumchapel & Dunipace to Caley, Third Lanark & Glynhill Moorcraft to Saturday Morning, Garrowhill Thistle to Greater Glasgow, not sure about Holytown Colts).

I have heard it may be more before the season starts……..

2 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Because they were cheated out of the opportunity to win the Central Scottish League.

They weren’t cheated exactly, was a poor way for league to end. The league made a total arse of it but what happened was within the constitution as unfair as it is. 

8 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

They weren’t cheated exactly, was a poor way for league to end. The league made a total arse of it but what happened was within the constitution as unfair as it is. 

After reading Lesmahagow statement on social media it's clear they feel cheated and I don't blame them. 

2 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

After reading Lesmahagow statement on social media it's clear they feel cheated and I don't blame them. 

Absolutely, I don’t blame them and i would be equally as pissed off. I was just clarifying that ‘cheated’ is maybe a bit strong considering everything done by the league was within the constitution however stinky it may seem.