The Last Of Us

capt_oats

On 15/03/2023 at 17:32, Jeff Venom said:

To the gamers: when you finished the first game, did you know a part 2 was coming (or was already out)? 

I enjoyed the finale and loved the serie, but I could understand there being people feeling a bit like, eh? That it? 

On 19/03/2023 at 05:26, IrishBhoy said:

There was a point when I was watching that I genuinely thought they had taken Bella Ramseys face and used SFX to create the actress that played her mum, using some AI technology that I didn’t know about. What a weird coincidence that she was the voice of Ellie in the games long before Ramsey was cast for the TV show. 

I’ve really enjoyed the show, having never even heard of the game until I got a couple of episodes in. I must admit I was quite disappointed with the ending as I was looking for more of a rounded conclusion, although after speaking to a couple of guys in work who have played the games they said the first chapter ends in exactly the same way, so it didn’t come as much as a disappointment to them as it did to me. I understand it sets up the next season quite nicely but after investing my time in 9 episodes worth the ending seemed a bit flat on the face of it. 

I think that's my only disappointment with the TV series. The relationship between Joel and Ellie felt a wee bit more rushed than the game. And in the game there was more action so you were protecting each other far more than what was shown on the series. I said pre-show that I expected folk to be a bit underwhelmed with the ending and that was the main reason why. 

For me the ending was perfect and showed how much Ellie had grown on Joel and what she meant to him. He literally chose her over potentially saving humanity. Some turnaround from him seeing her as cargo. Was a great personal dilema as well: would you give your child/close relative for the sake of humanity? 

Thought it was a great ending at the time and still do. 

On 23/03/2023 at 22:35, 19QOS19 said:

I think that's my only disappointment with the TV series. The relationship between Joel and Ellie felt a wee bit more rushed than the game. And in the game there was more action so you were protecting each other far more than what was shown on the series. I said pre-show that I expected folk to be a bit underwhelmed with the ending and that was the main reason why. 

For me the ending was perfect and showed how much Ellie had grown on Joel and what she meant to him. He literally chose her over potentially saving humanity. Some turnaround from him seeing her as cargo. Was a great personal dilema as well: would you give your child/close relative for the sake of humanity? 

Thought it was a great ending at the time and still do. 

I think knowing that the story is at a point where there is still more to come, then the ending becomes a bit more understandable. It was a poignant moment where Ellie attempted to put all her trust in to Joel and allow him to come clean, but instead he doubled down on his lies because the idea of him losing Ellie by telling the truth was the hardest road for him to take, but continuing the lie was the easy way out. 

• 6 months later...

My daughter started playing the game and has got right into it. So, I suggested, why not watch the TV show too? 

Just finished episode 3, with Bill and Frank. As before, so emotional. I've got at least one tear in my eye right now. The most beautiful hour of TV in years. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Aye you'd like to think TV viewers are a little less unhinged than some of the gamers that went mental at the time but you never know.

I see they've also announced the castings for Dina and Jesse. Both look to be relative unknowns to me at least. (Isabella Merced and Young Mazino respectively).

On 12/01/2024 at 14:20, Mr. Brightside said:

I hope she knows just how much horrible toxicity she's about to be on the end of, for no reason.

On 12/01/2024 at 16:01, Rodhull said:

Aye you'd like to think TV viewers are a little less unhinged than some of the gamers that went mental at the time but you never know.

I see they've also announced the castings for Dina and Jesse. Both look to be relative unknowns to me at least. (Isabella Merced and Young Mazino respectively).

Indeed. Absolutely fizzing with Abby at the time, given how early it happened. But I can't help but think that anyone who never ended up liking her/seeing it from both sides, totally missed the point. 

• 2 months later...

Decided to binge this last few days, might seem daft but I wanted long enough between playing the game and watching this so i didnt automatically nit pick at changes made for the show (i took ages before i went to play TLOU game) 

It was fucking fantastic viewing, normally im quite easily tuned out by the slow moments, but even in this you watched every minute, it just kept you hooked

Sam's death (which I remembered obviously) still hit like a truck, just an unbelievably set out scene, all the way to ellies message to him on his trace pad

Onto fallout now