The Last Of Us

capt_oats

• 2 months later...
On 29/11/2022 at 18:30, Busta Nut said:

See for me. Games like "The Last of Us" are big interactive stories. I know that's every game but some feel more like films and this was one of them. I don't think we need this.

I suppose there's a fair few folk who aren't gamers though that would be interested in it. I played through it again this year, will do part 2 again over Xmas I think.

Can't wait to see how faithful it is, it looks like the casting is spot on and the feel of the trailer looks right too. I'm not someone who gets hung up on adaptations of my favourite things, the originals still exist and a shit adaptation of this for example, won't change my love for the games 

42 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

Looks tremendous

Aye.

I take @Busta Nut's point in that the games are cinematic and there's a story arc so, in that respect - given the games are like interactive films in themselves, do we really need this?

Tbh, based on the trailers I've seen so far I'm into it.

It looks great aesthetically, it's got a strong cast. It's HBO.

If nothing else it's making me want to re-visit the games just now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's HBO and The Last of Us: it'll be brilliant. I just wonder how they'll add to the story or if they'll go their own way, particularly the end. 

I can imagine some folk wouldn't be content with the way the game ended if it was on screen. It was the perfect ending for the game but I guarantee there would be lots of "Is that it?!?!" shouts if they do the same thing here. 

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's HBO and The Last of Us: it'll be brilliant. I just wonder how they'll add to the story or if they'll go their own way, particularly the end. 

I can imagine some folk wouldn't be content with the way the game ended if it was on screen. It was the perfect ending for the game but I guarantee there would be lots of "Is that it?!?!" shouts if they do the same thing here. 

From what Ive read it's adding to the story, more backstory, fitting in the dlc story too, but it's hitting the same beats as the game. This series will end how the game does 

Tempted to stay up and watch this as a complete fan boy of the games. As long as they stay true to the story and ambience of the games I can't see how this isn't good. The story is set to be fleshed out a bit and I think the cast is more than good enough to do the job. I think the first episode is roughly 1 hr and 24 minutes long as well so more than enough time to set the back story up and get everyone hooked. 

6 hours ago, grumswall said:

Tempted to stay up and watch this as a complete fan boy of the games. As long as they stay true to the story and ambience of the games I can't see how this isn't good. The story is set to be fleshed out a bit and I think the cast is more than good enough to do the job. I think the first episode is roughly 1 hr and 24 minutes long as well so more than enough time to set the back story up and get everyone hooked. 

My body clock is fucked just now so stayed up and watched it. Thought it was really, really good. It wasn't 1:1 to the game but I'd say it was about as close as possible as they could make it.

All the performances seemed spot on. Really looking forward to the next one.