Fitba Podcasts

Any recommendations? Doesn't need to be Scottish football related although that would be welcome given how shite some of the coverage from the usual sources has become. 

I quite like the football cliches podcast, although it's a nonsense and as uninformative as it gets. Sacked In The Morning with Craig Levein was decent. Neither are reflections / analysis on the weekends games though.

3 hours ago, CoF said:

Any recommendations? Doesn't need to be Scottish football related although that would be welcome given how shite some of the coverage from the usual sources has become. 

I quite like the football cliches podcast, although it's a nonsense and as uninformative as it gets. Sacked In The Morning with Craig Levein was decent. Neither are reflections / analysis on the weekends games though.

Totally Football Show. Hosted by James Richardson. That should be reason enough. Particularly enjoy their European editions on a Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

I've liked the Si Ferry podcasts, but they're kicking the erse out of it a lot of the Broomhill stuff. 

The "Si Ferry meets" stuff was good but they seem to have dropped this in favour of inane banter with "Slaney" etc. I've not listened to any of the Broomhill stuff but I am sure it is more of the same. 

The Big Interview with Graham Hunter has had some good guests on if you can get past his sycophantic style. 

Obviously mostly English football based but if you enjoy nostalgia then Quickly Kevin is an amusing look back at the 90s. They've also had some decent guests on. 

The Terrace is the best around for Scottish football.

Hampden Roar is very good for Scotland NT.

Guardian Football Weekly, pretty EPL heavy but I like most of the journalists on it and their stuff on FIFA/Qatar is interesting.

Football Ramble is daft and even more English focused but can be funny.

Price of Football is good if you have interest in the financial side of the game and the many shysters who get themselves involved.

Have only listened a couple of times but I’ve found Behind the Goals pretty good for women’s football.

16 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Totally Football Show. Hosted by James Richardson. That should be reason enough. Particularly enjoy their European editions on a Tuesday. 

They're a few years old now but I only recently discovered his Golazzo podcasts about 90s/00s Italian football and they've been a fun listen.

I’d say the free Terrace podcasts are as good as you’re going to get in Scottish football. You tend to get a Monday episode, which is generally 3 of the panel (seems to be about 12–16 in the panel but that could be wrong) looking back at the weekends 6 premiership games, and I’d say it’s the most in-depth and insightful podcast in terms of reviewing the weekends games. You often get a Thursday/Friday episode which is normally geared towards the lower leagues, which tends to be done by Shaughan McGuigan and Craig Telfer, though it’s been a mix of several others too so far this season. The aforementioned pair’s knowledge on the lower league is impressive and they did a 4hour podcast at the start of the season previewing every side in the league which is absolutely well worth a listen if you’re a fan of a Lower League side, even if you were to just listen to bit where they talk about your club. They also do a subscription based podcast where, depending on the tier you buy, you get several more episodes per week. I subscribe to the £5 tier and just whack the podcast whenever I’m at the gym. Recommend them highly. It’s the same guys that do the “View from the Terrace” show on BBC iPlayer that is returning, I think, this Friday.

On another note, Open Goal is okay but not what it was in my opinion.They used to be very good, when Si Ferry interviewed old players. They added Paul Slane, who made the podcast funny for a while but his patter generally got a bit samey. They then started all the OG Broomhill stuff which personally isn’t my cup of tea but you might it quite interesting. They still do a weekly review of the games which is normally with Si Ferry, Paul Slane, Andy Halliday and Kevin Kyle. However, you generally get an hour long podcast with 20 minutes dedicated to each side of the OF, a 5-10 minute Hearts conversation then a quick skim of the rest of the results. It’s probably the next best in Scotland if you’re wanting a review of the games though.

Just to add to the Terrace pile-on I think it's cracking. 

I say that as someone who found the TV show fairly drab and most the cast lacking an on-screen chemistry. The same cast with a little more freedom to say what they please make's for far greater entertainment, and as has been pointed out its fairly informative too!

My recommendations:

• The Terrace (get these guys to run Sportsound on a Saturday FFS)
  • Guardian Football Weekly
  • The Totally Football Show with James Richardson
  • The Wyness Shuffle (an ICT fan podcast 8))

I also like The Terrace enough to give them $5 a month or whatever it is for the Patreon. A great bunch of lads.

There are a couple of contributors I find tough listens but I just swerve the episodes they're on or skip past their chat. No one's forcing me to listen eh?

Mentioned it in the Motherwell thread the other week but the lower league pods with Shaughan and Telfer are an absolute treat. I don't even have any interest in lower league football.

Open Goal is very much not for me.

Beyond that I used to be a regular listener to The Football Ramble but have drifted from that with the format changes and tbh I've found myself less and less interested in the Barclays while I found it hard to stick with Football Weekly/Totally Football Show after the whole schism.

Tbh, most of my podcast listening these days are shows on The Ringer (which I was put onto by a mention on one of The Terrace 'pop culture' pods). While most of that is US pop culture and sports I've found myself enjoying the 22 Goals series.

If an American talking verbosely about individual goals sounds like your idea of a good time then you might enjoy this:

Terrace is peak Scottish football podcast, I don’t think anything else would come close in terms of Scottish football as a whole. I say that despite the fact very few of them have anything nice to say about the dons. (Yes, I know some of you c***s read this…). 

Terrace is best for Scottish football.

I like the Thistle one but apart from if you were due to play Thistle not for the neutral really.

I listen to Totally Football Show and Sid Lowe's Spanish football podcast.

Also listen to a couple of Elis James ones but very Welsh. The Socially Distanced podcast is quite funny 

Any decent club ones?