Happy Retirement Mark McGhee

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Many happy memories of him as a striker tbf. The Ujpest Doza hatrick or the 84 Cup winner against rasellick especially. 

I really turned out to be a silly c**t though.

That’s true in fairness.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It's mentioned on our thread fairly regularly but his turnaround of Malpas' team that finished 10th to finishing 3rd and qualifying for Europe with one of the best footballing Motherwell sides I've seen in the last 30 odd years really can't be overstated.

A great bunch of lads...

Aye, my thoughts too. He was also widely praised (and rightly so) for his leadership following O'Donnell's death. Second time round he took us from a Barraclough mess to 5th. Less said about the following season the better. 

On the balance of things, he definitely gets a thumbs up from me. Not that he gives a monkeys what I think....

I've always liked Mark Mcghee and won't have a bad word said about him.

The 07/08 season was probably the best Motherwell team in my lifetime. As others have said, the way he handled the death of Phil O'Donnell and while still guiding the team to 3rd place is testament to how good a manager he can be.

He had a massive ego, a hugely inflated opinion of himself and provided some great patter for Scottish football over the years but I can't help but feel he'll be missed from football on some level regardless of what people think of him. His teams were either very decent or he made a complete c**t of it but, regardless, I don't think anyone can say he wasn't entertaining.

TL;DR - Mark Mcghee is fucking great (no, I am not Mark Mcghee)