Happy Retirement Mark McGhee

The "Next Permanent Manager" list just got smaller as Mark McGhee announces his retirement:

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/aberdeen-gothenburg-great-mark-mcghee-7627226

An easy figure of fun on here but the chap was a good footballer and is one of very few players for Scottish teams with European honours.

Happy retirement to him.

Edited by The_Kincardine

17 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

No, he lives in Brighton does he not? I don't think we'll hear much of him again up here

I remember going to a pre season friendly against Brighton and he probably got a better reception from the Albion fans than the Dons fans.

He was a great player for us back in the early 80s and that’s how I prefer to remember him. A cup winner against Celtic and against Ujpest Doza in the Cup Winners Cup Quarterfinals.

It's mentioned on our thread fairly regularly but his turnaround of Malpas' team that finished 10th to finishing 3rd and qualifying for Europe with one of the best footballing Motherwell sides I've seen in the last 30 odd years really can't be overstated.

A great bunch of lads...