Falkirk v Clyde

Damage done yet again by mind boggling team selection, set up and tactics, game over in 20 mins. Same old etc etc …

There is not a chance in this or any other world that we will not be relegated this year and only ourselves to blame for not heeding alarm bells of last 2 seasons. Poor recruitment, consistently poor team selection, same issues game after game after game and stubborn attitude that things will somehow sort itself out. 

Incredibly frustrating as it’s now a suicide mission every week now. Lennon has lost his way which very sad to say.

Comfortable win although we've definitely played better recently. The two goals came that easily that we seemed to lose concentration a bit at times and get sloppy although with a bit more clinical finishing we could've got a barrowload.  Clean sheet 3 points and only 2 behind the 6 fingered fifers.

Easy win. Sloppy second half but a cruise overall.

Squad looks extremely strong now with nearly everyone back. 
Henderson and Donaldson had the cigars out. McGinn superb 

Couldn't fault a single player today, Burrell caused no end of problems for Clyde and was unlucky not to get on the score sheet, McGann was excellent and thought McCann and Yeats were outstanding as well. 

Thought we were good for a penalty when Burrell got brought down and the Clyde keeper was lucky with Alegria.

No failures today in a very comfortable win. Clyde were lucky we took our foot off the gas in the second half. Would have been nice to notch up the goal difference a bit but overall a good afternoons work especially considering results elsewhere. 

Donaldson, Henderson and McGinn give us such a strong spine at the back to build from (I can only remember Clyde having one real shot of note and that was when Oliver gave the ball away on the edge of the box). Those 3 along with Burrell have been our best summer signings and are night and day compared to what we had last season.

Yeats with another very accomplished performance as well and Nesbitt was everywhere again. The transformation of him and McCann under McGlynn shows just how important it is to have a manager that knows what they are doing. 

The squad is looking strong with plenty of options on the bench to change things up if we need to. Feeling refreshingly optimistic about the season going forward 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Falkirk are clearly a better side than they've been since they came down, three players in Henderson/Donaldson/McGinn who shouldn't be playing at this level. The centre forward is a handful. I think we'd have struggled regardless.

The new left-back was okay on the ball but didn't have a clue defensively. Not helped by Peter Grant being a complete mess. The goalkeeper is a clear improvement on JBH but Parry? I'm not sure on that. 

Ray Grant was our best player again. I'm probably happier with Paul Kennedy at left-back than any other player since we got promoted to be honest. Cuddihy fine at right back and McLean is clearly happier playing in a back four. Rodden did okay when he came on, might be worth a go playing in midfield ahead of Kennedy next week. 

Euan Cameron is absolutely bullied any time an opponent gets near him and it blatantly was costing us today as he kept turning over possession. It is absolutely crazy that we released Ross Lyon for not being good enough, then bring him back. What Lennon hoped to achieve by waiting 6 minutes to make subs after the break is beyond me. 

Bit of a meh game.  We played nothing like our level, Clyde were woeful.  Good result though.

this feels really churlish, but I thought McGinn was poor today (2 goals aside).  He gave the ball away regularly.  Standouts for me were Nesbitt and Henderson, and Burrell and Alegria.

Has Danny taken us as far as he can.......

Didnt go as knew outcome and were on a bad run with no one due back to change it...

Allan our more recognised no9 keeps getting benched and someome needs to tell DL their aint a player in this squad capable of playing the lone striker...

Only Oct and now checking other results. No good and perhaps manager whom ive very fond of has taken us as far as he can ?!

YMP🇾🇪

3 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Bit of a meh game.  We played nothing like our level, Clyde were woeful.  Good result though.

this feels really churlish, but I thought McGinn was poor today (2 goals aside).  He gave the ball away regularly.  Standouts for me were Nesbitt and Henderson, and Burrell and Alegria.

It’s not churlish it’s slavers!

Sula is the only mobile centre back we have, and if your playing only one up front surely it’s got to be Allan , and both are on the bench 🙈 as I said last week , I’d like to hear him explaining his team selection. I could probably cut and paste this ready for next week,