Jump to content

Dundee United v St Johnstone 1/10/22


Recommended Posts

Delighted for May. His work the last few weeks meant he deserved that. Great finish and great assist.

United are a mess defensively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HT thoughts

You ostensibly go five at the back to make yourselves more difficult to break down… which is hilarious in our case.

Liam Smith putting in the effort and prob best of a bad bunch there but shouldn’t be playing CB.

From the back, we are just SOOO fecking slow and laboured, we’re not progressing up the park.

Eriksson looks bewildered whenever he has the ball at his feet.

Levitt looks completely uninterested - wouldn’t be surprised if he wellies another guy so he can escape for an early bath.

Harkes is just shit. We all know this, yet there he remains.

McGrath is at least trying.

The forwards have had almost nothing to work with.

Sack the board yada yada yada!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nelsjfc said:

Delighted for May. His work the last few weeks meant he deserved that. Great finish and great assist.

United are a mess defensively.

Are you being kind in thinking we are better in other areas, or in just not mentioning the rest?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very comfortable half for Saints.

Having someone alongside him to occupy defenders does so much for Stevie May. He’s not the bravest or most physical but he’s a very intelligent player,  ghosting into spaces in the channels as utd’s defenders push out.

A good away performance so far, defending in numbers then posing a threat when we go forward.

Taking the lead is everything with Davidson ball and is the difference between us looking organised and effective or simply inept when we have to chase a game.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

HT thoughts

You ostensibly go five at the back to make yourselves more difficult to break down… which is hilarious in our case.

Liam Smith putting in the effort and prob best of a bad bunch there but shouldn’t be playing CB.

From the back, we are just SOOO fecking slow and laboured, we’re not progressing up the park.

Eriksson looks bewildered whenever he has the ball at his feet.

Levitt looks completely uninterested - wouldn’t be surprised if he wellies another guy so he can escape for an early bath.

Harkes is just shit. We all know this, yet there he remains.

McGrath is at least trying.

The forwards have had almost nothing to work with.

Sack the board yada yada yada!

And to think some of you were hailing Levitt's signing as if the Messiah had arrived.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trying to not be biased here but I think for the majority of United's possession, passion and actually playing football they weren't as effective as they needed to be going forwards. 

St Johnstone with 2 goals out of their what 3 or 4 shots on target? 

United's final ball around the box just not sharp enough there. 

Certainly seen worse, much much worse performances than that. 

Edited by ArabianKnight
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Sad state of affairs when we are making that gang look like Brazil 1970. We will be down before the World Cup at this rate

More chance of a Jute mill opening back up than Utd staying up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Firstly, great 3 points. Getting a bit of distance between us and the bottom 3 is vital, as you’ve got to expect results will turn for at least one or two of them.

First hour or so we were comfortable and wondering how many we could nick on the counter.  From that to hanging on a bit in the last few minutes.

Felt every sub weakened us. Taking off May took away our biggest threat and a midfield featuring Hallberg and Crawford is not the strongest when you’re looking to win the ball back.  

You’ve got to still cause teams a problem, and a better side than Utd might have got something out of the game.  We just sat further and further back and carelessly gave the ball back to Utd every time we got on it. Our wing backs hardly got over the half way line in that last half hour.

On the positive side, defensively we’re fairly solid,  we strung some decent periods of play together at times in the first hour, and Stevie May looked very good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saints did what they had to do to win. Good all round team performance and it is obvious that there is harmony in the squad where they are all playing for each other.

New signings all gel and things now look brighter than this period last season.

Alex Mitchell has been an inspired signing, Andy Considine rarely puts a foot wrong and Ryan McGowan steady the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Trying to not be biased here but I think for the majority of United's possession, passion and actually playing football they weren't as effective as they needed to be going forwards. 

St Johnstone with 2 goals out of their what 3 or 4 shots on target? 

United's final ball around the box just not sharp enough there. 

Certainly seen worse, much much worse performances than that. 

Yeah there were positives to take out of today but we need to be sharper going forward.  That’s a lesson we can learn from our opponents today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...