Cove v Arbroath

First visit to Cove and looking forward to it. 
Already a very important game given how early on in the season it is. 
If we were at full strength I would really fancy us here. A lot will depend on who is fit and who isn’t making it. 
More hope after last couple weeks and some players starting to up their game. 
How have Cove been playing, unlucky to be sitting joint bottom ? 

18 minutes ago, Girth said:

Come on The Lichties. 

Thank you. 

Arbroath win this one you/Dees won't get to hurl abuse at Jim a few days later as he'll be gone by the Dundee game I reckon. His head is on the block and nearly all Cove fans are calling for the axe to come down. Hartley is waiting in the wings, not a Messiah but at least he's got some credibility.

Both teams will fancy their chances this weekend and will be looking to pick up maximum points and kick start a very sluggish start.

Looking forward to this one. Still think we'll take in a striker and depending on who it is could change our fortunes.

2 hours ago, Monkfish85 said:

First visit to Cove and looking forward to it. 
Already a very important game given how early on in the season it is. 
If we were at full strength I would really fancy us here. A lot will depend on who is fit and who isn’t making it. 
More hope after last couple weeks and some players starting to up their game. 
How have Cove been playing, unlucky to be sitting joint bottom ? 

We've been setting up 4-1-4-1 and looked lost in that formation to be honest. We deserve to be where we are. Improved slightly in the last 3 weeks.

Can feel very hard done by to lose away to Morton in what was a very even game. All our other losses were deserved.

So far Hamilton and Morton have put in the worst performances against us so far and I can only infer that they will be around us given this. Clearly both might improve and prove me wrong.

I expect Arbroath to turn around their slow start but a lot might ride on an elusive striker turning up at Gayfield. Cove in the same boat in regards to a striker being needed but we also need to get rid of a manager too.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Arbroath win this one you/Dees won't get to hurl abuse at Jim a few days later as he'll be gone by the Dundee game I reckon. His head is on the block and nearly all Cove fans are calling for the axe to come down. Hartley is waiting in the wings, not a Messiah but at least he's got some credibility.

Both teams will fancy their chances this weekend and will be looking to pick up maximum points and kick start a very sluggish start.

Looking forward to this one. Still think we'll take in a striker and depending on who it is could change our fortunes.

I like you guys but want McIntyre gone!

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Likewise, quite gladly see the back of him forever. Couldn't manage a piss up at a brewery 

The earlier you guys bin him the better your season will be.

Do you think Hartley will return?

9 hours ago, Girth said:

The earlier you guys bin him the better your season will be.

Do you think Hartley will return?

Completely agree and definitely the consensus amongst nearly ever Cove fan. 

It would be a risk for Hartley given where we are in the league table, although not cut adrift, and with the window essentially closed but I could see it happening. 

Might be harsh on a few guys but full strength I would like to see 

Gaston

Oakley

Little

ToB

Hammy 

Tait 

Gold

Allan

Stewart

McKenna 

Hilson

I see no reason why Gold could not do the role of Jacobs I think I would prefer that.

Stewart and Oakley looked good down the right before Stewart had to go centre half in Greenock, we never played with an out and out left midfielder that day and the system seemed to work with Tait playing tucked inside on the left.

Actually quite like Hancock but Hammy is #1 there. If Little or ToB can’t make it (surely they both won’t be out) then Hancock to come in for one of them.

Morton was encouraging and I never made the cup game but I got told it was poor however it seemed like we got 2-0 up early and took foot off gas a bit. 

Looking forward to it and also dreading it in equal measure. What Arbroath will turn up, 8th game of the season and we still have not managed to have a settled side with all these injuries and suspensions it’s really starting to get annoying 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where’s best for parking @Tattie36  @CoveRangers1922

There's an office car park just 100 yards before the ground on the right hand side. If you are there around 2.30 or before you should easily get a space. It's used extensively every matchday. Theres also street parking on the road up to the ground.

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

There's an office car park just 100 yards before the ground on the right hand side. If you are there around 2.30 or before you should easily get a space. It's used extensively every matchday. Theres also street parking on the road up to the ground.

Cheers man. 

7 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

What is the capacity of Coves ground and do they have a social club at it?

Should be a decent away support at the game with the TASC bus and a lot going up in cars but i do think the train strike will reduce the number of Red Lichties travelling up there.

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.

I think it’s around 3k. There are new temporary stands at each end which hold about 850 each. Even though they’re a bit flimsy looking they have massively improved the ground. Feels like a proper league ground now which it didn’t before.

I think there’s a small bar/portacabin at the ground but you’d be much better off in the city centre for a drink and bus or taxi to the ground. If coming on the supporters bus or driving then there’s the Wellington bar grill about 10-15 minute walk away for a pre match drink. That’s where I’ll be going then into town post match - helps that I live in Aberdeen. The trains being off is a right pain and severely limits the day oot experience.