Queen’s Park vs Raith Rovers, Sat 1 Oct @ Ochilview

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I endorse everyone's right to moan, but the shouts from the QP fans in the stand every time a QP player got touched was ridiculous.

I assume they're not allowed to talk much in their own houses.

😂True but most of the fans were mostly having a laugh after shouting. Grant Irvine was atrocious though 

I really enjoyed that win today. We all know we can be silky and easy on the eye when things are going well but we showed a different side to our game throughout different points of the match. There’s no denying we were slow to start with and we got away with a superb strike from Stanton coming off the post but we settled down and from then on, we looked the stronger team. 

Brilliant to see Eze’s height finally put to good use from corners. Realistically he should of scored a hat trick but it’s really encouraging that placing him on top of the keeper proved to be successful. Credit to savoury and Thomas for some consistently excellent deliveries also 

I’ve honestly no clue how raith didn’t score right at the death but it seemed like it was some vital blocks from Kilday that saved the day.

I’ll give MOTM to Eze. After a slow first 10 minutes, he dominated the raith attack and his anticipation to win the ball was excellent. I’ve been wary of Eze’s performances so far but he was genuinely outstanding so fair play to him.

Dom Thomas was also fantastic on the left yet again. For me he’s the best winger in the championship. He’s entertaining, his range of skills is cut above and he works his backside off for the team. Outstanding signing for us 

Raith looked a bang average team. They weren’t necessarily bad but as they’re probably well aware, they are so powderpuff up top. Stanton was decent and Macdonald made a couple great saves but other than that, there wasn’t much else. The big striker was awful and Mcbride was his usual useless self. Dylan Easton continues to be one of the most detestable footballers at this level once again with usual diving antics and then crying when fouling others. He’s a terrific player but thankfully we marked him out the game for the majority of it

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

We all know we can be silky and easy on the eye when things are going well but we showed a different side to our game throughout different points of the match.

Definitely. Struggled at times but we were defensively solid today and its not that often when we keep a clean sheet so it’s huge we got the 3 points

6 hours ago, qpfc said:

Dom Thomas was also fantastic on the left yet again. For me he’s the best winger in the championship. He’s entertaining, his range of skills is cut above and he works his backside off for the team. Outstanding signing for us 

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

disappointed standing in the rain GIF

To be honest, he was working against Millen the whole match…that’s a donkey covering a greyhound. It was strangely satisfying, while also being terrifying, to see Millen break toward the corner, then only jog back as Queen’s intercepted and pushed forward to take a shot.

Highlights reflect the game pretty well, that's probably a 0-0 if we defend the set piece properly.  

You'd think when the entire team are brought back for corners, that we could put more than one man on the one consistent goal threat all afternoon.  

Highlights reflect the game pretty well, that's probably a 0-0 if we defend the set piece properly.  
You'd think when the entire team are brought back for corners, that we could put more than one man on the one consistent goal threat all afternoon.  
I'm sure for one corner in the 2nd half we had Liam Dick marking him. Surely we knew they'd try and aim for him at set pieces but it seemed we were clueless

A stereotypical Championship game. On balance of play I don’t think we deserved to lose, QP were only a threat from set-plays at least until we were chasing it late on, but we did lose and we’ll continue to lose tight games like that while scoring a goal seems like such a chore.

Hard to understand how QP aren’t always a threat from corners. We couldn’t get near them.

You could probably single out a few players as having played particularly poorly yesterday but what’s the point? They’re all we have in those areas.

Unlucky? Probably. On another day Stanton’s early shot goes in, or the scramble at the end goes over the line for a point. But I already feel like we’ve seen the hard luck story too many times this season. Big few games coming up.

23 minutes ago, Paco said:

A stereotypical Championship game. On balance of play I don’t think we deserved to lose, QP were only a threat from set-plays at least until we were chasing it late on, but we did lose and we’ll continue to lose tight games like that while scoring a goal seems like such a chore.

Hard to understand how QP aren’t always a threat from corners. We couldn’t get near them.

You could probably single out a few players as having played particularly poorly yesterday but what’s the point? They’re all we have in those areas.

Unlucky? Probably. On another day Stanton’s early shot goes in, or the scramble at the end goes over the line for a point. But I already feel like we’ve seen the hard luck story too many times this season. Big few games coming up.

They one because of a giant player, not because he was a gifted player. It was like playing an adult in an under 15 game. 

15 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

They one because of a giant player, not because he was a gifted player. It was like playing an adult in an under 15 game. 

Should be a height limit in professional football eh?