Queen’s Park vs Raith Rovers, Sat 1 Oct @ Ochilview

Started off much the better side but ended the half pretty even. Done well up to the final third but final ball is lacking. We’re getting the run on their centre midfield quite regularly. I think if we are going to score it’ll be from something through the middle as we’ve had no quality out wide. Connolly barely been in the game. MacDonald had a great save from a free kick. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Well, no. We’ve played well at times. 

Well, exactly…it’s even more torture to see the bright starts morph into mediocrity or worse. IM’s strategy preferences and team composition seem somewhat at odds.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Tbh, you don't watch games.  

At this time, correct. I hope to be able to start shortly, but I have seen enough from the people at the games to understand that IM’s approach to the matches seems to be lacking in enough consideration of our player handicaps.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

At this time, correct. I hope to be able to start shortly, but I have seen enough from the people at the games to understand that IM’s approach to the matches seems to be lacking in enough consideration of our player handicaps.

Yup handicapped by kids not good enough for this league. 

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Yup handicapped by kids not good enough for this league. 

Honestly, IM was crippled coming in by the turnover on the back line and the continued inability of Raith find a scoring forward. Unfortunately, IM’s preferred schemes seem to almost all include a single, scoring forward, and his seeming unwillingness to adapt, outwith the double forward forays, his scheme to provide more punch seems a bit counterproductive. As others have noted, mid table is a solid goal now, because, as it stands, we’re in sixth, but closer to tenth than fifth.

Game management when going behind is the real issue. The 15 minutes after going behind were pretty awful, and chucking random attacking players on with 20 minutes still to go isn't great really.

Ultimately,  Easton and Connolly were both really poor today and that stifles a big chunk of our creativity.

Didn't see anything we didn't already know, but a dissapointing one.

Dissapointing to hear Easton to get told to "f**k off you useless c**t " after probably his first really poor game.  Never change, Rovers fans.