Queen’s Park vs Raith Rovers, Sat 1 Oct @ Ochilview

On 26/09/2022 at 17:08, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Love a trip to Ochilview and been looking forward to this fixture. Terracing is great and nice set up for an Away day.

The Station Hotel Bar is worth a visit if your coming by train.

I had a drink in the Crown once and it was fine enough and had a pool table (quiet though), can't speak for the Plough. The bar behind the away end (the Ochilview) is ideal location-wise and has previously had the best atmosphere before the game. 

For those needing post game carry outs, google is telling me the best bet is a Nisa that is five minutes further along from Larbert station. If anyone knows of an off licence between the ground and the station, do share!

You can get a carry out from ASDA or Londis just across from the Plough. Also The Station Store is right next to Larbert Station absolutely no need to go to Nissa in Larbert basically.

On 26/09/2022 at 17:14, WSDR 88 said:

Looking forward to this on Saturday, pity it’s not at Lesser Hampden though. What’s the time frame on that QP fans? Are you playing at Ochilview all this season?
Is the Stenny Social Club only for QP fans? If so, that’s guff!
Is Gilmours the option now for closest pub to the ground?
Thanks in advance.

There is no such thing now as a Stenny Social club. The Ochilview Bar is on Tryst Road, at the corner of the away terracing, and is just a normal pub that will welcome anyone. That space was a Social club like 20 years ago which is maybe where rhe confusion comes from.

The Wee Bar in the ground is the one that's exclusive to QP fans on match day.

Gilmours closed 3 or 4 years ago. Crown is fine for a quiet pint but Ochilview Bar is probably the ideal boozer for away fans coming to the area.

And, yes, QP will be here the full season. Their board just don't want to tell their fans. The usual from them.

There is no such thing now as a Stenny Social club. The Ochilview Bar is on Tryst Road, at the corner of the away terracing, and is just a normal pub that will welcome anyone. That space was a Social club like 20 years ago which is maybe where rhe confusion comes from.
Gilmours closed 3 or 4 years ago. Crown is fine for a quiet pint but Ochilview Bar is probably the ideal boozer for away fans coming to the area.
And, yes, QP will be here the full season. Their board just don't want to tell their fans. The usual from them.

The Ochilview Bar is the Social club I was referencing too. Nice one, cheers mate!

We haven't been outplayed by anyone in the league (apart from maybe the first half against Partick, but we got ourselves sorted out in that match and had the better of the second half), and our inability to take chances and daft defensive mistakes cost us againt Cove, Dundee and ICT. There's general agreement on that.
We're doing better now in both attack and defence, and some of us consider that we've the best midfiled in the league - we've certainly one of the best. If our defence can cope with Simon Murray and  Dom Thomas we've a decent chance.

A fair few ex qp players when looking at that Raith team. Millen, Gullan, Connelly, Mcbride. Still baffled how Mcbride ended up at raith tbh 

It’s so hard to predict in the championship. I don’t think any team can confidently say they’ll win or not in any fixture. I’m still optimistic about our chances however this Saturday. Attacking wise I do think collectively with Thomas, Murray and Savoury in particular, we’ve got one of the most threatening frontlines in the league, however the question marks are still glaringly obviously defensively. 

Will go for another 3-2 victory 

Edited by qpfc

12 minutes ago, qpfc said:

A fair few ex qp players when looking at that Raith team. Millen, Gullan, Connelly, Mcbride. Still baffled how Mcbride ended up at raith tbh 

It’s so hard to predict in the championship. I don’t think any team can confidently say they’ll win or not in any fixture. I’m still optimistic about our chances however this Saturday. Attacking wise I do think collectively with Thomas, Murray and Savoury in particular, we’ve got one of the most threatening frontlines in the league, however the question marks are still glaringly obviously defensively. 

Will go for another 3-2 victory 

McBride hasn't had a lot of minutes before Saturday past and while hes not looked outstanding hes not done a lot wrong as of yet.  Hopefully his goal at Cove gives him a confidence boost.

On 28/09/2022 at 15:33, Neilly said:

The Wee bar is too wee for everyone so most QP fans (well, the ones that I know of anyway) go to the Ochilview Bar as well. As you say, it's ideal and has been pretty busy all season with "home" and away fans. Plenty of bar staff on as well so don't have to wait that long for a drink. 

42 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Trains from Kirkcaldy, are cancelled on Saturday due to the strikes. Only trains from Edin/Glasgow available to Larbert.

The Kirkcaldy - Glasgow bus (X27) stops at Forth Valley Hospital which is about a mile and a half from Ochilview.   If you are walking, there is a convenient stop at the Station Hotel, Larbert about half way.