Deja Vu

BFTD

Haven't experienced this in decades, but I just remembered that I used to get this all the time when I was wee - I'd suddenly "know" what was going to happen for a few seconds; what people were going to say, if somebody was going to walk into the room unexpectedly, etc. It'd happen in bursts, like I'd have four or five experiences over a few weeks, then nothing for a few months. I assume it's some kind of chemical thing in the brain that temporarily distorts reality and I grew out of it (or, y'know, the machines stopped changing things in the Matrix).

Do any P&Bers have any experiences of deja vu that they'd like to share?
Did any P&Bers log on tonight and think, "I knew that c**t was going to ask that"?
Does anyone remember watching the video of a monkey on a goat?

Haven't experienced this in decades, but I just remembered that I used to get this all the time when I was wee - I'd suddenly "know" what was going to happen for a few seconds; what people were going to say, if somebody was going to walk into the room unexpectedly, etc. It'd happen in bursts, like I'd have four or five experiences over a few weeks, then nothing for a few months. I assume it's some kind of chemical thing in the brain that temporarily distorts reality and I grew out of it (or, y'know, the machines stopped changing things in the Matrix).

Did any P&Bers log on tonight and think, "I knew that c**t was going to ask that"?

14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Did you not start this thread last week?

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Moderators

This automatic thread contributor feature appears to be malfunctioning yet again and is repeating itself and reciting gibberish.

Can somebody please investigate.

I had it last night (or was it the night before) -

My son has started playing football so I had to cough up for a new pair of boots.  I had a dream on Saturday night where the wife bought the boots from the school - there was a choice of 2 pairs only and the prices were 1,800 and 2,200 php.  The sister-in-law went into the city today to see what was available and sent a few pics of the options - the prices were 1,800 and 2,200 php.

Not sure it's Deja Vu but a bit creepy IMHO.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

It’s technically a very minor seizure.

Figured it must be something like that.

Apparently it's something that people experience most in early adulthood, and it fades out for most by their thirties. Weird that I had it so much when I was very young, but I grew very fast, so maybe that had something to do with it. I used to get a lot of dizzy spells when I was small; pretty much any time I stood up, everything would go grey and I'd need a minute for my vision and hearing to fade back in. I presume that's abnormal; you don't think about these things until you're older.

Figured it must be something like that.
Apparently it's something that people experience most in early adulthood, and it fades out for most by their thirties. Weird that I had it so much when I was very young, but I grew very fast, so maybe that had something to do with it. I used to get a lot of dizzy spells when I was small; pretty much any time I stood up, everything would go grey and I'd need a minute for my vision and hearing to fade back in. I presume that's abnormal; you don't think about these things until you're older.

The brains electrical activity peaks and spikes before the age of 25 so yeah, makes sense. It’s basically your brain rebooting after an electrical activity spike and obviously the feeling of familiarity must be a side effect of returning to “normal”.