Accies vs. Gal’s Dark Blue Beauties

Accies seem to be doing better than most people expected but they’re still sitting in 8th. However, always a tricky one and we have a bit of needle with them. 

I’m hoping Gal can fire up the boys and we can sneak an away win now the defence seems more stable. 

Thank you. 

I'd imagine Hamilton are quite a different outfit from the one we pumped in the group stages of the cup. Our form is a bit iffy and we've not exactly got a brilliant record away to Hamilton.

Win by 2 goals and we go to a net positive GD away to Hamilton over our entire history.

Untitled.png

Thankfully he won't get much option around the CB pairing since Sweeney is suspended, therefore he's forced to play our best pairing (though I hope the fact McGhee and Ashcroft started on Friday is because he realises this now). Kerr and Marshall both played well in Wales, while French was recovering from a niggle and has played well himself as of late. It'll be a tough call for Bowyer.

Going by his words last week, McCowan and Byrne should be available for this one which is big news. I'd be hard-pressed to say Cameron doesn't deserve a start though, so unfortunately I think McMullan probably should sit on the bench, which considering he came off early may not be the worst idea (though Bowyer did say he was fine). I would also stick with Legzdins in the goal, hopefully Bowyer agrees there, no disrespect to Sharp.

Accies will be a tougher test than they were in the League Cup but we have a very good record on the astro with this team over the years, and I hope we can control the tempo like we did in the 2nd half on Friday. When this team gets into their rhythm they're easily the best in the league, the trick is finding that rhythm as quickly as possible.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

We all know what the best defence is. Will Bowyer pick it this time?

eta I don't think he will, as Marshall will stay lb.

I'd agree that Kerr is a better LB than Marshall defensively but his appaling distrubution and composure is a major issue that i just don't think any semi competent managers will allow. Hopefully we have that now. 

Marshall wasn't actually at fault for Inverness's second goal it was the keeper, but he has far too many mistakes in the recent past. I still think Bowyer will choose Marshall over Kerr however purely because we are more likely to build attacks and keep posession with Marshall playing. 

What's more crucial is that we see McGhee and Ashcroft at CB with Mulligan in centre midfield. If we get our best team possible out we should win the game. 

McCowans been out for weeks so wouldn't expect him to come straight back in, maybe give him half an hour with a view to starting him at Cove on the Tuesay night. Start McMullen and give McGinn a chance to show he's up to it while knowing McCowan is coming back. For me it has to be:

Legzdins

French Ashcroft McGhee Marshall

Grayson Mulligan

McMullen McGowan McGinn

Robinson

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'd agree that Kerr is a better LB than Marshall defensively but his appaling distrubution and composure is a major issue that i just don't think any semi competent managers will allow. Hopefully we have that now. 

Marshall wasn't actually at fault for Inverness's second goal it was the keeper, but he has far too many mistakes in the recent past. I still think Bowyer will choose Marshall over Kerr however purely because we are more likely to build attacks and keep posession with Marshall playing. 

What's more crucial is that we see McGhee and Ashcroft at CB with Mulligan in centre midfield. If we get our best team possible out we should win the game. 

McCowans been out for weeks so wouldn't expect him to come straight back in, maybe give him half an hour with a view to starting him at Cove on the Tuesay night. Start McMullen and give McGinn a chance to show he's up to it while knowing McCowan is coming back. For me it has to be:

Legzdins

French Ashcroft McGhee Marshall

Grayson Mulligan

McMullen McGowan McGinn

Robinson

Thank you.

Marshall on left wing, bin McGinn and Kerr left back?

19 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Marshall on left wing, bin McGinn and Kerr left back?

Yeah that could be a good option. I'd only be giving Mcginn the nod though purely as a chance to go and prove he deserves a start after starting the cup games okay. 

Cameron is an obvious option aswell but giving McGinn the chance would be my choice personally.

Thank you. 

11 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Not sure expecting to lose is shitting it emoji2369.png

Dundee should be winning this one as our defence is awful & we're powderpuff going forward.

Do you think you guys will stay up or push up the league at all? 

Accies always seem to pull a player or something out the bag. 

Do you think you guys will stay up or push up the league at all? 
Accies always seem to pull a player or something out the bag. 
Matching last season & finishing 6th would probably be not bad for Accies this season TBH.

I'll take anything above 9th, there isn't any scope for Accies to bring anyone else in without players leaving as per the club.

Apparently  a sickness bug and covid in The squad,so a threadbare squad may well  be more stretched.

On  paper should be a Dundee win, but one of these weeks we are going to take these chances we are missing in games and get  an unexpected win.

Jamie Hamilton-not played all season has suffered a setback in training,so that will him out till nearer November.

This is a game which brings back memories of the old rivalry the last 15+ years and I notice one of the new boys on social media has mentioned this and the importance of this game.

Despite the aforementioned, I can see  us raising our game this Saturday and would not in the least be surprised to see an under-fire squad grab a victory against the odds.

Everyone buzzing for this game I see.

This Is the start of a busy period so hopefully we can have a good solid performance and cut out the stupid errors that put us on the back foot.

I reckon we are due to give someone a good thrashing so hopefully it's these fucking mugs.

Everyone buzzing for this game I see.

This Is the start of a busy period so hopefully we can have a good solid performance and cut out the stupid errors that put us on the back foot.

I reckon we are due to give someone a good thrashing so hopefully it's these fucking mugs.

I agree we are but I very much doubt it will be today.
One pleasing aspect (amongst others) about Hamilton’s demise seems to be a marked decrease in complete and utter roasters in their P and B support. A victory today of course and they’ll come crawling out of the woodwork.

Hamilton 1 Dundee 2