βšͺβš«πŸ’¨ Ayr v The Caley πŸ”΅πŸ”΄πŸ¦…

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's an issue, Gardiner on BBC yesterday moaning about the little money Championship clubs get from the SPFL and we have a salaried DoF spending time in studios or commentating on other games instead of attending his own.

No it isn't.

From a health and wellbeing perspective, I rather think he is managing his time very appropriately.

In any case, his work has been heavily associated with development activities outwith the core playing part of the club.

The only downside is that he missed the opportunity to witness another Cameron Harper masterclass.Β 

Just now, sophia said:

No it isn't.

From a health and wellbeing perspective, I rather think he is managing his time very appropriately.

In any case, his work has been heavily associated with development activities outwith the core playing part of the club.

The only downside is that he missed the opportunity to witness another Cameron Harper masterclass.Β 

Absolute nonsense, The club employs and pays him as DoF not as a roving media commentator, it his job solely to oversee the footballing side of the club, as mentioned by the Chief Exec Gardiner money is tight at the club yet we pay a man forΒ  job which he is not giving his 100% attention to on games days.

Development activities you mention should be associated with football at ICT not getting paid to sit in a Sky studio.

This situation is untenable and you well know it.

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Absolute nonsense, The club employs and pays him as DoF not as a roving media commentator, it his job solely to oversee the footballing side of the club, as mentioned by the Chief Exec Gardiner money is tight at the club yet we pay a man forΒ  job which he is not giving his 100% attention to on games days.

Development activities you mention should be associated with football at ICT not getting paid to sit in a Sky studio.

GivenΒ this good news I think he can be forgiven for taking some to himself.

In any case if the situation is as untenable as you think, wouldn't it be a good idea for him to gravitate to other things?

19 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

From the the outside looking in, I too would be pissed off that our β€˜dof’ was not attending our games. Especially if he was available but decided to earn extra elsewhere. *caveat - i don’t know the ins and out of this arrangement.

Ayr definitely had the more chances with the onslaught of corners in the first half and Ridgers had a bit of work to doΒ 

We had our own chances especially with Danny Mackay forcing the keeper into a save. Harper looked much better in his new centre mid position alongside Allardice.
Β 

Was a bit disappointed in Delaney at left back, felt like he wasn’t 100% comfortable playing left back but everyone has off days. Felt Boyd was poor too even though he set up the goal.Β Β 
Β 

Colin Steven is a poor referee going on todays showing some bizarre calls for both sidesΒ 

Just now, sophia said:

GivenΒ this good news I think he can be forgiven for taking some to himself.

In any case if the situation is as untenable as you think, wouldn't it be a good idea for him to gravitate to other things?

Take time for yourself by all means but Robertson is paid for complying with a certain discipline/job within ICT not for swanning about various studios on the days we are playing, yes it is time for him to move on and free up his salary for players which are for more necessary/important to the club.

Would you employ a painte/joiner/plumber etc pay his money and watch him work elsewhere.

It is diabiolical that the Chief Exec of the club moans about income and a senior employee is employed elsewhere.

Robbo may only be on a part time arrangement with us, I don’t know, but going to another game in the central belt when we’re playing in the central belt (ish) is poor imo.

Edited by TheScarf

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Take time for yourself by all means but Robertson is paid for complying with a certain discipline/job within ICT not for swanning about various studios on the days we are playing, yes it is time for him to move on and free up his salary for players which are for more necessary/important to the club.

Would you employ a painte/joiner/plumber etc pay his money and watch him work elsewhere.

It is diabiolical that the Chief Exec of the club moans about income and a senior employee is employed elsewhere.

I'm reporting ictfc to the gdpr police for sharing John's contract of employment and special arrangements with randoms on the internet.

It’s always the refs fault when we beat Raith. They’ve finished above us once in 20 year but their fans seem to think they should beat us consistently

Inverness looked a very solid, unspectacular team today. Well organised defensively but had very little going forward. Maybe that was the intension.Β 

Ayr came out the traps flying, had a decent chunk of possession, played some lovely stuff and did almost nothing with it. As usual, we gifted a goal and Inverness managed it from there, killed the game, stopped us playing, crowded the 18 yard box every time we attacked and didn't look like conceding.Β 

It is where Bullen shows his inexperience, trying to work out how to draw inverness out and create space for the forwards, trying to stretch the defence, we just fired crosses in to the box with zero accuracy and hoped Dipo would crack one from somewhere. We could have played to 10pm tonight and still not scored.Β 

Β 

Β 

Howling from us today - a few (very) glaring errors in front of goal in the first half and then a completely flat performance in the second half. Inverness nicked their goal and then comfortably managed the rest of the game with no intention of letting us near their goal. We really struggled to create anything in that second half - is it a coaching issue or were ICT just really good?Β 

Anyway, how McKenzie didn't hit the target from a couple of yards out is just totally beyond me - maybe there were six defenders on the line I didn't notice.

16 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Howling from us today - a few (very) glaring errors in front of goal in the first half and then a completely flat performance in the second half. Inverness nicked their goal and then comfortably managed the rest of the game with no intention of letting us near their goal. We really struggled to create anything in that second half - is it a coaching issue or were ICT just really good?Β 

Anyway, how McKenzie didn't hit the target from a couple of yards out is just totally beyond me - maybe there were six defenders on the line I didn't notice.

I wouldn’t say we are really good but we finally seem to have a settled back 4. Carson is a good right back for this level. Deas, I’d go as far to say that he is the best centre back in the league, and with Delaney looking like a solid if unspectacular left back we have been able to move him to centre back alongside Devine who is very solid for us. I’m sure Partick and Dunfermline fans will disagree on that.Β 

I still don’t think we will look like a particularly good side from the opposition fans perspective but with McKay, MacKay, Samuels and Harper, who has been outstanding playing as a 10 when he has been a left back his whole life, we do have the players that can cause some damage up front. Our real problem is lack of depth. Boyd, Shaw and I’m afraid to say it Doran don’t really offer too much.

28 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Only if you haven't seen him play before.Β Β 

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Is the bigger issue not that an utter buffoon like Scott Gardiner is drawing a wage when times are hard?

Why the f**k a Championship club (and I include my own club in that) needs to pay a salaried CEO is way beyond my wit and wisdom.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Only if you haven't seen him play before.Β Β 

McKenzie is a hardworking player and does a lot of the heavy lifting for the team. But he just isn’t a goal scorer. Looked up his stats and he’s scored 5 goals in 3314 minutes. Doesn’t do enough to warrant a regular place in the team. But Bullen clearly loves his work rate. Probably the same with Ashworth, who is also not worth a regular start.