The King of Eggs

Paul Kersey

3 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

I do too.

Pickled eggs are amazing. But in moderation. I once bought a jar of them from Home Bargains, ate them all at once and then was violently Ill for the rest of the evening.

The moral of the story... less is more when it comes to pickled eggs 

Been there.

I accompanied a mate to Costco once years ago and they had those big catering jars of pickled eggs you get in chippies. I used to love them, so bought one.

I got halfway down the jar over the course of maybe a week - was doing that thing where every time I was through making coffee or whatever I'd grab one - and I've never touched one since. After sickening myself with them, even the thought of the gives me the boak.

Despite the scorn on here, a fried egg is superb in a roll, on top of either sausage, bacon, haggis or black pudding; whatever is the preference of the day.

if I’m having a plate of breakfast, I’d probably prefer the eggs scrambled, made with a splash of milk, some butter and usual salt and pepper

9 hours ago, deegee said:

Despite the scorn on here, a fried egg is superb in a roll, on top of either sausage, bacon, haggis or black pudding; whatever is the preference of the day.

if I’m having a plate of breakfast, I’d probably prefer the eggs scrambled, made with a splash of milk, some butter and usual salt and pepper

Opposite for me, the scrambled eggs make the plate too wet. 

• 1 month later...